Step 1 Sole Source Oh no ive just eaten a bit of my daughters leftover dinner i was starving :(

sammy123

Im on say three of sole source, ive felt so ratty and tired and has been realy hard cooking for my 4 children and partner, its felt like they have been constantly eating around me :(

1 was 100 percent day one yesterday and today until just my daughter had left some of her dinner and i gave in, it wasnt much but oh no cant believe ive done it how much do you have to eat to affect your body going in to ketosis?

a bit of rice and one bite of pizza :( have done well for 3 days not even tempted to eat a single morsel..grrr so annoyed at myself x

Step away from the dinner.....

Don't worry, onwards and upwards. You will delay going into ketosis slightly as you have ate some carbs, but it won't be long (and you certainly aren't back at square 1). Just hang on in there until you are ketosis and you won't even want to eat.

Well done on getting through 3 days, it isn't an easy diet and the beginning, but you are doing brilliantly.

I'm just as bad! 100% for 6 days and tonight iv had a handful of pop corn iv made for the kids/5 chrisps/1spponfull of rice/small bite of cheese!!! It's like once you start you can't stop!! I feel dreadfull!!!

PLAN....

I'm going to drink a pint of water - try the flushing effect. And draw a line!!! 'NOTHING MORE TO EAT'.

Don't stress! It's not all about ketosis! As my CDC told me, your on a deficit of 8000-9000 cals a week! That alone will make u lose weight so if u slip up its ok, wount make too much a difference unless u eat 3000cals +

Don't stress! It's not all about ketosis! As my CDC told me, your on a deficit of 8000-9000 cals a week! That alone will make u lose weight so if u slip up its ok, wount make too much a difference unless u eat 3000cals +

Fantastic way of looking at it!! :)

But it's a good view, and it's correct, yeah ketosis is good but it's not the be all and end all! And your going to have to eat normal one day and this diet can be socially isolating
So though iv have nothing more than a bit of protein (so I do stay in ketosis) valentines day is half way through my 12week and I will have a normal meal with my fella :)

So why bother paying out money every week for packs? Why not just eat less? This diet is tough and I really don't think we should be encouraging people to cheat! Getting in to ketosis at all makes this diet really tough for the first few days, and being in ketosis reduces hunger, which makes consuming so few calories an awful lot easier!

Sticking to this diet 100% will save a lot of money in the long run as you will get to target much quicker. Stick to it and you will reap the rewards sooner rather than later :)

I think you'll be fine if you draw a very thick black line under the blip.

Having said that, while I agree with what Lealou said - that you're going to be down 9,000+ calories this week (I make it more, actually) the problem with this plan isn't calories. It's the fact that water and glycogen regain can have a massive impact on your weekly loss, which in turn can make you feel despondent and like you want to give up.

That massive amount most of us lose in week 1 is approximately 50-75% water and glycogen. Glycogen is what the body stores in the liver and muscles after consuming carbs and most of us can store up to 2,000 calories worth of the stuff, about a pound in weight. Unfortunately, glycogen is bound to 3-4 times as much water, which means that when you lose that pound of glycogen, you lose another 4lbs of water with it. So if you eat a significant amount of carbs again, you'll put five pounds back on in the blink of an eye. Hope that makes sense.

So, if you have a blip, you can put a good couple to five pounds back on overnight (and sadly, they don't always come back off again overnight - it can take a few days). This means that when you weigh in on your usual weigh day that it might appear you haven't lost as much as you should've done - and then you get the miserable feeling that you're trying really hard for nothing, that you're wasting your money on packs, etc. In the longer term, a few hundred extra blip calories make no difference at all, but in the short term, seeing those additional pounds can make many of us lose the will to keep going.

Try not to blip. Just tell yourself that eating normal food isn't something you do at the moment.

Hope today's been better x x

Great advice! We really can be our own worst enemy or own best friend through this! Thanks for the support. I really appreciate it ;)

I'm no way encouraging people to cheat, as I haven't myself!
Just if there's a special occasion it's not the end of the world if you eat socially just don't go crazy with it!
As I went to an engagement party last night and didn't touch anything! And my fella was supportive enough not to have anything even when I told him too!
He said "nope,it's not fair on ya love, I'm not having anything"
O course my son n friends had food n cake

I don't think eating should be classed as cheating either. Sooner or later, we will all have to eat. We can't live on cwp forever.

Back