Oh No !!!!!!!!

fillymum

synful soul
Oh No !!!!

MIL Skyped us and wants to know when sis goes back to England.....bloody hell she doesn't arrive until tomorrow.

Oh No !!!!

This is the bad bit ( for me ) she wants to come and stay with us for a couple of weeks oh no !!!!

She is such hard work, almost dilly. She gets the wrong end of everything, talks constantly about her bloody daughter who both DH and I dislike ( for lots of reasons) is so negative, in the past has been horrid to me, her eating habits are strange to say the least and has never given her son the consideration I think he should have had from her. But the worst thing she is always referring to my size ( now almost sylph like lol ) She says things like, I am so glad you like the sweater I brought you ( I usually hate it ) but there wasn't much choice in big sizes !!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Oh No !!!!!!

Another good reason to want the house sold !!!

It's all happening to you at the moment isn't it? Try and put MIL out of your mind until your potential buyers have been. You'll have more of an idea of what's happening then and her coming over might not even be possible. Or you'll be so light-headed at the prospect of having sold your house that it will all wash over you :D

Thanks for the advice. Perhaps , if all goes well she will be staying with us in France.................... Oh No !!!!

O.K. subject forgotten lol ................​

Personally I would tell her not to come, but thats only because your experience of your MIL sounds like my mum :eek:

After a trip to see her in spain in April and some of the awful things my mum and dad said to me we have cut all ties and to be honest relieved doesn't sum it up :D

Personally I would tell her not to come, but thats only because your experience of your MIL sounds like my mum :eek:

After a trip to see her in spain in April and some of the awful things my mum and dad said to me we have cut all ties and to be honest relieved doesn't sum it up :D

Oh that is so sad especially as it is your mum and not your MIL.

Where abouts in Spain are they ???

Your advice is good too. Now all I have to do is pluck up the courage to tell her not to come.

Oh that is so sad especially as it is your mum and not your MIL.

Where abouts in Spain are they ???

Your advice is good too. Now all I have to do is pluck up the courage to tell her not to come.

They live in Elche near Alicante.

My parents were not the best when we were growing up, not very hands on, but ever since my dad had an affair while he worked away from home about 20 + years ago, my mum has taken it out on me and made me feel so bad about my life, me and my family. I believe its jealousy and I cant live with that kind of hostility any more so I dont :eek:

my dad said to me and my 15 year old son on our trip in April that it was his perogative not to have a relationship with his 9 grand children (not all mine :D), so there you go, his choice :rolleyes:

Good luck with your MIL

So sorry you don't enjoy a good relationship with your parents but I think you are very wise to cut yourself off from something so distressing.

We live on the opposite side of Alicante in the direction of Valencia.

hugs xxxx

OH NO !!!!!

Just had a message from MIL . She is arriving on the 18th November and not going back until the 05th of December.

Bloody, bloody hell. She booked it without asking us if those dates are o.k. Sister Gill arrives on the 05th and my next antiques fair is on the o6th.

I will just have to grin and bear it. I work Thursday through to Sunday and am up at 5 a.m. on those days. What the hell am I going to do with her. I can not afford to not work.

My stomach is churning.

What can I do. Nothing but get on with it.

You didn't invite her - she invited herself and therefore you don't have to do anything with her. If she arrives uninvited then it is up to her to make her own plans. :) If you invite her then of course you will make plans for her to do wonderful things.

If you tell her this - and then just let her do her own thing and you do your own thing with your busy life, then surely she will be less likely to just invite herself in future. :D

You didn't invite her - she invited herself and therefore you don't have to do anything with her. If she arrives uninvited then it is up to her to make her own plans. :) If you invite her then of course you will make plans for her to do wonderful things.

If you tell her this - and then just let her do her own thing and you do your own thing with your busy life, then surely she will be less likely to just invite herself in future. :D

Gosh I wish I could be that brave .

She arrives tomorrow and my stomach is already churning.

What the hell am I going to do with her ??

I am taking tomorrow and Friday off . I can not just leave her home alone with my dogs. Paul has to work. We are not salaried and therefore, no work equals no pay. I must work Saturday and Sunday though so DH can have her to himself.

I feel sick to the pit of my stomach. She is so easily offended and gets the wrong end of the stick all the time. Her powers of MISinterpretation are legend.

Oh well, just have to get on with it. At least it is not forever and 3 weeks will pass.

She is Paul's mum and he loves her so for him I have to do it.

do you not have a cupboard you can lock her in? lol

hugs, hope its not too bad x

do you not have a cupboard you can lock her in? lol

hugs, hope its not too bad x

LOL !!!!!!

What a good idea !!!! Off to empty a cupboard !!!

Thanks for making me smile.

Just think the worse a time she has there because you've not had the time to plan anything, the less likely she is to come back in future unannounced! Explain that you have to work/have a life which you can't just drop last minute and that is why you prefer for people to actually ask you before they come and stop with you for so long.

Just think the worse a time she has there because you've not had the time to plan anything, the less likely she is to come back in future unannounced! Explain that you have to work/have a life which you can't just drop last minute and that is why you prefer for people to actually ask you before they come and stop with you for so long.

Very positive !!!!!

By the way you look stunning in your avatar.

It's arrived.........she gets here today.

Think of me friends, think of me and weep !!!

Oh. we picked her up at 2p.m. HELP !!!!!!!!

i know i should be sympathising but this made me laugh. your mil sounds like my mum :)

Back