Oh no.............

Sarah2009x

Stupid wii fit says i weigh 3 pounds more than yesterday :cry:

I'm not sure why people weight themselves daily as this fluctuation depending on time of day can be as much as four pounds...I fluctaute that much just in one day I am sure depending on how much I drink, eat, etc...

Weigh yourself once a week if possible...this is the best way, honest!

Yes i usually only get weighed at WI but since i've been using the wii fit i've done the body test everyday and i don't usually pay any attention - but 3 pounds! Will only do it once a week from now on

Hi Sarah

I know how tempting it is as I've got a Wii Fit too, but I try as hard as poss to avoid the Body Test as it usually is depressing news!!!

You have to ignore your weight on a daily basis and stick to weekly! Water retention, what you've eaten, how long since you last went to the loo (eek).. and many more factors account for fluctuation in your weight on not just a daily basis but sometimes hourly!

Don't lose heart. Keep it up! x x

I never, ever weigh myself. It just messes with your head. I just get weighed once a week at the usual WI in class. That's the only figure that really matters as it's your consultant that's keeping the records. So forget about it during the week. The only number that's going on record is the one you get at weigh in so there's no point getting in a twist about the normal fluctuations that happen all the time, naturally.

Reactions: Fea
Awww Hun...dont go by the Wii Fit weight!! Mine goes up and down like a yo-yo! Just go through the process, but dont pay any attention to it...they are not calibrated scales for one thing and unless you keep it in exactly the same spot (without moving it), you will never get an accurate reading. Mine's on carpet in the lounge and its for ever being moved!
Just do the exercises and know that you are getting fit that way, but seriously ignore the scales!

dont pay any attention i've learned the hard way ...
weighing myself morning, noon and night...
it's soooo depressing. the best advice anyone could give is weigh once a week at class!

Argh! Don't pay any mind to the Wii fit! I've banned the use of the fit test on mine!! My ten year old daughter and her friends went on it - they are underweight and she is at the top end of normal..... they are all healthy girls but went on and on about it for ages. I agree with Mrs V, they are not calibrated scales and really it's meant to be fun!!!

I was more than a little hacked off that my son, he wanted to do all the ball heading etc, had to go through all that set up weighing etc stuff. I'd heard stories before so made him turn his back when it bought up the statistics. It said he was obese. He has recently had a health assessment at school and is within a healthy weight for his height an years. He's 10 years old.

I personally feel it shouldn't do all this weighing etc stuff for anyone under 18.

Sorry for rant and going O/T.

I'm going to be really strict this week and am going to avoid the scales as I always seem to be 2lbs less on a friday then when I weigh myself tuesday it's a bit of a downer, whereas if I do it once a week I'll be perfectly satisfied with my loss.

I was more than a little hacked off that my son, he wanted to do all the ball heading etc, had to go through all that set up weighing etc stuff. I'd heard stories before so made him turn his back when it bought up the statistics. It said he was obese. He has recently had a health assessment at school and is within a healthy weight for his height an years. He's 10 years old.

I personally feel it shouldn't do all this weighing etc stuff for anyone under 18.

Sorry for rant and going O/T.

My friend said this as well. It doesnt take into account your age...her children have come out as obese and now they are looking at ways to loose weight. :eek: They are 11 and 13 years old and perfectly healthy!

Back