OH OH OH the porridge....

charlene-wilson

Silver Member
I just want to say im having what should have been my breakfast now. I have added nutmeg (hope this is allowed) to it and it gives the taste of a very mixed up egg custard and a bit lumpy!!but its still SCRUMMY! :D day 4 nearly over and im loving it!

Has anybody else added new tastes to there meals to make them a bit different?

One of the other girls said she puts cinnamon into the porridge which I am def going to try. How do you make your porridge up?

I add water (a bit more than it says - something between 175ml and 200ml - I add more water to all of the packs than it says actually). Stir into a bowl with the water. Put in microwave for 1 minute then take out and stir (the porridge will start to form at the bottom of the bowl). Put back in for between 30 seconds and a minute watching it (had a couple where it boiled over the top of the bowl!). When it starts to 'rise' then I take it out and stir in cinnamon. Leave for 3 minutes and enjoy :). Oh, and if it's a bit watery put back in microwave for a little longer - usually fixes it.

Use a bowl that's a bit bigger so that if it does start to rise it doesn't rise over the edge :).

its definitely my favorite...havent tried any little extras but its fab!!

I cant wait to try the porridge! Think im gonna have it for brekky tomorrow, im hearin so many good things about it! .. Im gonna add a dash of cinnamon to mine :)

One of the other girls said she puts cinnamon into the porridge which I am def going to try. How do you make your porridge up?

HI Tara Teal, i use 125ml of milk and the rest in water which i dont actually measure as i pour it straight in the bowl and just go by eye to weather i need anymore or not. As borders does, i always add more water than it says. Just drinking a 200ml shake doesnt seem like a mouth full and its really thick.

You can thicken up the shakes with psyllium husks that are a good fibre supplement too. Means that I can add a lot more water and it's still pretty thick. The extra water definitely counts towards the water target too if you struggle with the water.

I love the porridge and dont add anything to it , other than maybe more water than they recommend , as i prefer the texture then
It does take a while to get the porridge just right , I whisk it with a fork before i start heating it up that gets the lumps out

I do add something to the cottage pie , whatever i have to hand to be honest , soy sauce , worcester sauce , even ketchup when i had nothing else , otherwise i find it a bit bland

but the chilli and spag bol are perfect for me and dont need anything , though i usually put a couple of mushrooms in the chilli and i always have the spag bol with my veg allowance

I cook peppers, mushrooms and shallots in the oven. Chop, add a little water, add chilli powder or paprika, cover with foil and cook. Goes nicely with the spag bol or chilli. I do enough for 2 days as my weekend treat :). Not quite roasted veg but perfectly fine given the restrictions of this diet.

Almost everyone likes the spag bol Tara. It's as near to having real food with the veggies as you get on this diet :)

Back