Oh the embarrassment....

Melanie

Over half way to target
I got a text from my SW consultant last night to say that I had been nominated for Miss Slinky.
Miss Slinky? OMG I'm not thin enough to be Miss Podgy yet! She's asked me to take some before photos in with me to WI on Monday.
This is the sort of thing I absolutely HATE. As if being fat and having to go to SW isn't bad enough, but I may now have to 'come out' and go public with my shame!
I really feel like saying no, but think I would come across as being a bit churlish and not a good sport.
What the hell is Miss Slinky anyway? Is anyone else suffering this humilation too?

You've been nominated because others see your hard work and feel that you deserve recognition for it, and that's a good thing! Be proud of yourself and what you've accomplished! (And smile at the chance to win some dosh!) We had nominations last week too. And there ain't one of us in our group who's a stick insect, I can tell you! I'm sure all that have been nominated feel a bit like you do. But it's all about holding your head high and saying "Yeah, I've achieved a lot, thanks for noticing!" Go for it! :)

you should be proud of yourself. well done for doing so well and impressing others to get nominated. joining sw isn't something to be ashamed of and you should want to shout your acheivements from the rooftop. HOWEVER, if you dont (and to be honest i mighty feel i bit like you) well dont. you should not feel pressured into doing anything to do with sw - you are there by choice - it's not school where you have no choice but to endure ceratin things. if you feel uncomfortable then say no thank you very much i am flattered but no. but all that aside well done.

I agree. What on earth is Miss Slinky?

Congrats on your losses, you should be very proud. You've obviously worked hard and stuck at it and I bet you look great.

But don't feel forced into entering some Slimming World competition, likely to exist in order to market the organisation. Do what you feel comfortable with and happy with. I'd be like you - my consultant once said something about me loosing another stone and then being put forward for 'regional male finals' or something. I think the look on my face when she mentioned gave her an idea as to how likely that I would EVER go near anything like that!

Well done again, you obviously look fab or she wouldn't have asked. But don't feel pressured.

you should feel very privileged to be asked, my sw consultant says we have to be at target or near to it, that so rules me out.

wow thats so amazing well done! u might not be able to see how well you have done but obviously the ppl around you can!

But am not even halfway to target yet and couldn't be described as slinky by any stretch of the imagination!
Oh well, I'll probably just go with the flow and see what happens tomorrow night. Hopefully there'll have been quite a few nominations so I can just 'slink' away quietly and forget it ever happened! I'll keep you all posted.

aw dont be o down on yourself 34 lbs is alot! imagen trying to carry 34lbs around with you all day, im sure you wouldnt manage it!

Gahhh!!!!
Last time around i did SW i has the Miss Slinky award in my sights... but of course put it all back on!
Well done for being nominated, but be warned, if you win, i will take your crown. haha!

Update - fortunately, I didn't get the Miss Slinky, someone at target did. I was really glad as the poor woman had to wear a sash and have her photo taken!

Update - fortunately, I didn't get the Miss Slinky, someone at target did. I was really glad as the poor woman had to wear a sash and have her photo taken!

Ah jealous.
It will be me one day xx

Ohh we had miss slinky at class last night. Our consultant made them all walk round the group a few times, even though some didn't want to. I'd hate to have to do this!!

On the other hand though - I did find it really inspiring and thought "that could be me next year" x

Back