ohhhh pants

duncan

Silver Member
oh dear, i dont usually do this but ive just swallowed some chewing gum, ummmm what happens now:cry:

lol bless ya hun, nothing happens now - it's not good to swallow gum as your body doesn't handle the digestion of it well. The carbs in gum are linked to the sugar which dissolves whilst chewing anyway, so you would already have consumed that regardless (ps. you shouldn't have gum on the lower CD plans).

Don't worry, although steer clear of that gum in future (listerine strip and mouthwash is allowed though). Carry on :)

xxx

I think you're allowed chewing gum on CD as long as it's sugar free. But just isn't recommended too often because it can trigger hunger. But you're fine, it won't have any bad effects swallowing it, don't worry!

lol bless ya hun, nothing happens now - it's not good to swallow gum as your body doesn't handle the digestion of it well. The carbs in gum are linked to the sugar which dissolves whilst chewing anyway, so you would already have consumed that regardless (ps. you shouldn't have gum on the lower CD plans).

Don't worry, although steer clear of that gum in future (listerine strip and mouthwash is allowed though). Carry on :)

xxx
when you say lower cd plans, what do you mean, sorry for the stupid questions im only on day 2;)

Well I'd suggest checking your book to find out what is allowed on whatever plan you on. I know on SS and SS+ it is not an allowable thing. Even the sugar free gum still contains carbs...

My advice would be to go by the book, not what I or anyone else says :) I wouldn't want to misinform you or for anyone else to either, you need to follow Cambridge's advice here :)

xxx

It is actually allowed. Avoid if you can, but if you really need chewing gum have sugar free and spit out after a couple of minutes.

I'm just going by that post from KD on a thread I made a couple of days ago. I can't find anything in the books that say it's not allowed, but then nothing says it's not either, so I don't know!

Gum isnt allowed on SS, it may be sugar free but look at the carbs! They're horrendous!

A mouth spray from your local chemist would be better :D

Gum isnt allowed on SS, it may be sugar free but look at the carbs! They're horrendous!

A mouth spray from your local chemist would be better :D
im on ss plus, think ill just not have it to be on the safe side

I've jut looked at chewing gum I've got, sugar free. It's 60g of carbs per 100g none of which is sugar. Each piece weighs about 1g which means 0.6g of carbs and is 1 calorie. So I guess that's up to you to make that decision. Personally I have it occasionally if I really feel the need to chew on something or my breath is a bit funny as I find it less attention drawing to pop in a piece of gum in public than bring out a spray. BUT that's my personal choice, and I'm not recommending either way what other people do.

Last edited:
my cdc has just said its not reccomended to have gum,it can affect ketosis, so if it has affected ketosis does that mean ive just delayed me going into ketosis, whenever thats going to be

Last edited:
I'm not sure, I wouldn't worry about it now though. Anyone got any ideas why it would affect ketosis? Doesn't have citric acid, not in mine anyway, so I'm intrigued.

Cambridge say to try and avoid gum, but if you feel you must have it, chew for a couple of minutes and spit it out. (use sugarfree)

So, it's one of those...'okayish' ones, compared to things like Coke Zero etc, which aren't allowed

oh dear, i dont usually do this but ive just swallowed some chewing gum, ummmm what happens now:cry:

Not a lot, but watch out for twigs and branches protruding from the mouth, as you could be on your way to growing your own chewing gum tree :clap:

Not a lot, but watch out for twigs and branches protruding from the mouth, as you could be on your way to growing your own chewing gum tree :clap:
hahahahahhaha good one:rolleyes:

Back