Oil syn help please!

Discussion in 'Syn Values' started by kelbly, 19 June 2010 Social URL.

1. kelbly

kelbly Member

Hi, my Husbanded cooked me steak tonight (on a red day) I made my own wedges to go with it as a HEB.OH cooked my mushrooms with frylite, then 'forgot' and fried my steak in vegetable oil !!! does anyone know how many syns this could have given my steak? :confused:

Thanks for reading

Katie

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Shrinking_Bev

Shrinking_Bev Likes to eat.........alot

Start Weight:
    19st5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st10lb
    Lost(%):
    3st13lb(20.3%)
    Diet:
    SW
    1 tbsp is 6 syns. 1 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil in a HEXB but I don't know if other oils count as a HEXB. Sorry. Someone else might know though :)

4. kelbly

kelbly Member

Thanks, crikey thats a few then!! as I havent used up my full syns all week perhaps i'll be ok?!

5. estherina36

estherina36 Member

hi,bless you,its a HEB on extra easy i know that much....!its funny how we are all the same and have the same worries....!xx

6. Circes

Circes Strutting her stuff

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    7st5lb(41.2%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Actually it's not a HEB - only extra virgin olive oil can be used as a HEB not vegetable oil I'm afraid. I'm sure you'll be fine as it's only 6 syns for a tbsp and as you say you have not used your full allowance. Really if that's the only blip you've had this week then you should be giving yourself a pat on the back instead of beating yourself up over it.

7. avisk

avisk xx

Diet:
    Slimming World
    A dense meat like a steak will probably not have absorbed very much oil. Think back to how much you used, and how much was left in the pan after you had taken the steak out.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.