Oil syn help please!

kelbly

Hi, my Husbanded cooked me steak tonight (on a red day) I made my own wedges to go with it as a HEB.OH cooked my mushrooms with frylite, then 'forgot' and fried my steak in vegetable oil !!! does anyone know how many syns this could have given my steak? :confused:

Thanks for reading

Katie

1 tbsp is 6 syns. 1 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil in a HEXB but I don't know if other oils count as a HEXB. Sorry. Someone else might know though :)

hi,bless you,its a HEB on extra easy i know that much....!its funny how we are all the same and have the same worries....!xx

Actually it's not a HEB - only extra virgin olive oil can be used as a HEB not vegetable oil I'm afraid. I'm sure you'll be fine as it's only 6 syns for a tbsp and as you say you have not used your full allowance. Really if that's the only blip you've had this week then you should be giving yourself a pat on the back instead of beating yourself up over it.

A dense meat like a steak will probably not have absorbed very much oil. Think back to how much you used, and how much was left in the pan after you had taken the steak out.

Back