Okay now I am a bit confused!!

ThinLizzy

Wants to be a yummy mummy
I thought that you were allowed unlimited meat and eggs but that you had to limit cheese and salad and veg
But i see on some other threads on here that people are counting carbs in eggs and bacon etc, what is best to do?
I was just gonna eat it and not count the carbs in the stuff i thought was unlimited!!:confused::confused::confused:

I use My Fitness Pal and let that do the figuring out for me. It counts eggs and I'd just look at the packaging for bacon/sausage etc.

Check the pack of bacon for carbs, ive never bought one with (just done buy the maple smoked stuff i think it has sugar in), and i dont count eggs either. Go by the book hon x

I don't count eggs or meat. x

bacon is sometimes processed (additives added which mean it sometimes contains carbs) pure meat, steak, chicken, pork, fish etc are all zero carbs :) and therefore unlimited..

Last edited:
I never counted eggs or bacon either.

bacon is sometimes processed (additives added which mean it sometimes contains carbs) pure meat, steak, chicken, pork, fish etc are all zero carbs :) and therefore unlimited..

Simple buy additive free bacon-or just go by the book works for me

I got my book off ebay. There is a new version but a lot of us are using the older version as it varies.

do they sell the old one Ste?

lmao. i dont bother about the nitrates in the bacon its just health reasons not weight loss and tbh my purse aint that big lol.

Ive not seen it but i buy a carb free bacon from sainsburys. 16 slices for £2. Not bad i think! Be very careful with sausages as most are very high.

do they sell the old one Ste?

I am a charity shop fiend (love vintage clothes and hats) I often see the first atkins book in a charity shop for no more than a pound or so.

Happy to pick up a few and peeps can pm me if they want one :)

i dont count meat or eggs either, nor do i count butter (but then i dont eat much i mainly cook with it.

i have found carb free food that i stick to as snacks IF i am ever hungry (pepperami, babybel, scratchings, mattesons sausage)

i do occasionally eat processed foods but it is few and far between

Back