Okay this is the deal....

Miss_B

Hi everyone,

This is my situation at the moment, I have done CD 3 times. The longest I ever lasted was 3 weeks. I have been working my butt off with doing it the "normal" way I have lost 2 stone but it's taken over 3 months of working out 6 days a week and really watching my diet. However I have taken 4 weeks off on holiday and gained almost 1 stone. Anyways my size 16's are still tight and nothing fits!! and I want more than anything to be slim for my 23rd birthday next Feb. So shall I give CD another go? I heard that they have bought out the porridge and strawberry tetras, are they any good? Unfortunetly I won't be able to start till the 28th of October because I am taking part in a 10 mile run!! So kind of need all the energy I can get right! weight just under the 13 stone mark at the moment and would LOVE to get down to 9.5/10 stone. Anyways just thought I would put it out there.....Cassie x

Hey Cassie, Crikey how spooky, it's as if i'd written some of what you were saying!! I haven't been able to get back into cambridge as i have to be in the right frame of mind, I'm 12 and 1/2 stone and want to get down to 11 by xmas sooooooo..... how do fancy a buddy!! it'd be great to have someone to encourage me through the tough times (and we all know they are coming when you start this diet) and hopefully i could do the same for you. I've tried it the hard way too but when you know that Cambridge works so well it's tempting to go back. I work dodgy hours but i get on here as often as possible....... COME ON WE CAN DO IT!!!!

hi - am the same weight-ish as you. it is day 5 for me and i have lost some weight. want to get to 11 stone. do your run and then go for it!!!! it's not too hard and you can do SS+

well done on the weight loss

Hi everyone,

This is my situation at the moment, I have done CD 3 times. The longest I ever lasted was 3 weeks. I have been working my butt off with doing it the "normal" way I have lost 2 stone but it's taken over 3 months of working out 6 days a week and really watching my diet. However I have taken 4 weeks off on holiday and gained almost 1 stone. Anyways my size 16's are still tight and nothing fits!! and I want more than anything to be slim for my 23rd birthday next Feb. So shall I give CD another go? I heard that they have bought out the porridge and strawberry tetras, are they any good? Unfortunetly I won't be able to start till the 28th of October because I am taking part in a 10 mile run!! So kind of need all the energy I can get right! weight just under the 13 stone mark at the moment and would LOVE to get down to 9.5/10 stone. Anyways just thought I would put it out there.....Cassie x

If you are capable of losing 2 stone in 3 months and capable of running 10 miles, I would say stick to waht you are doing and do it the conventioanl way. You've done brilliantly (and that stone will come off quick if it went on that quick)

You could start cd on a higher plan up until your run the work down the plans, you can do it hun.xx good luck.xx

hey cassie!
go for it!
the porridge is lush, deffo great for the winter.
come and join us all, and fit int that lbd for your birthday!!
enjoy you run, and good luck!! xx

I did exactly the same. I have stuck to this now for five weeks and have lost 27lbs, I swear by the porridge. I think its because it doesnt remind me of all the times I tried before, Its something different, The same with the strawberry tetras. By having different things its doesnt feel the same.

Has worked for me so far, fingers crossed xx

Hope it goes well

you will be fine, and i to would say go for it.

and can i just say leeds123.
it's not too hard

well done on this comment, see your turning the corner.

Thanks for the replys everyone, I have given it allot of thought and I am going to give CD a go after the run. I spent an hour looking at all the before and after pics on here and I want my after pic of me looking fab in my LBD for my birthday. I know it's not for another 3 weeks but would love a buddy for motivation and a kick up the a$$ from time to time! :) thanks again.

Hey Cass,

I know you've already made your mind up but I ran a half marathon on the weekend and I've been doing SS+ (some 810 days, maybe one a fortnight) for most of the last 2 months, I had an 810 day before race and then ate about 1000cals day of the race but didn't track it as such. Had all my CD meals as well as a steak (5 chips) and a tiny beer afterwards. Stayed in ketosis (in fact was in extreme ketosis due to run...) Sleeping like a trooper this week and feel great.

Listen to your body and anything is possible. There's no reason why you can't start on the 1000cal plan, work your way down to SS and incorporate a couple of 810 days before the race and a 1000 on the race. Mind you I'm not a doctor or a CDC and not qualified to advise you. Just telling you that my body has a lot of fat in reserve, therefore it does it no harm to have to use it on days like a race.

TBH I think we're all a little too gentle on ourselves and underestimate what our bodies are truly capable of.

**stands off soapbox** ;)

Back