Okker's Healthy Diary

Okker

So, after many years on one diet or another, I've finally had the Eureka moment. I am going to eat what I want, when I want..except I will stop when I'm full. I hope to include tons of fruit and vegetables each day as snacks..and I want to try new healthy recipes each week.
I will try to exercise, in some way, 5 days a week and I'll record it here. I'm going to try to drink 8 glasses of water each day..and I won't feel guilty about the odd glass of wine now and then!.
So wish me luck on losing weight and feeling better in general.

Saturday 11 February
---------------------------
Breakfast: Toast with 1 tsp of butter and 1 tsp of marmalade. A banana and 2 mandarins.

Lunch: Two slices of brown bread with a slice of cheddar and lots of chopped cucumber & tomatoes. Also had a small glass of cranberry juice, a pear and an apple.

Dinner: Boiled rice thrown in a pan with a splash of olive oil, shredded egg and soy sauce. A handful of prawns to top.
2 glass of wine and a small bowl of popcorn.

I didn't get any exercise done today as I was in work all day. The good news is that I didn't feel hungry once today!

Sunday 12 February
--------------------------
Breakfast:
Plain muffin with a saucer sized serving of baked beans and a grilled tomato. Banana & small bowl of fruit salad.

Snack:
Mini scone with a tsp of jam. 2 x mandarins.

Lunch:
Brown bread toasted with tuna, light mayo and a slice of cheddar. Served with chopped cucumber & tomatoes. Small glass of cranberry juice.

Dinner:
Sundried Tomato & Cheese Ravioli. 1 x glass of wine (leftovers!).

Last edited:
Monday 13 February
Breakfast:
Scrambled egg with 2 slices of toast. Baby bowl of fruit muesli topped with a small strawberry fromage frais.

Snack:
Hot chocolate made with water. A couple of marshmallows and a Refresher bar (haven't had one of those in years!).

Lunch:
My sister made me a lovely lunch of spiced chicken breast on lettuce & tomatoes, served with a brown mini pitta.

Dinner:
Home made curry with Tikka Masala paste, low fat yoghurt, veg, chicken fillet and tin of tomatoes. Served with a small portion of rice and a garlic & coriander naan.

I could have ate more fruit today and had more water..so I'll try harder tomorrow!

Thank you Eternal Optimist!. It was delicious and it was great not to have to weigh portions. I did it by eye and by hunger. I'm getting less and less obsessed by the day!

Well, I've had a lovely few days break visiting my family. I did well with the healthy eating but hadn't much access to a computer to log my diary. I'm back with a bang today!

Saturday 18 February
Breakfast:
2 small slices of brown soda bread with marmalade.

Snack:
Small bowl of pineapple chunks, melon, chopped mango and red berries.

Lunch:
Toasted tortilla wrap with a slice of cheese, chopped cucumber, tomato and sliced peppers. Green tea and a pear.

Snack:
Small bowl of fruit & nut muesli, topped with a handful of grapes & a dollop of strawberry yoghurt.

Dinner:
I'm going to have the same dinner as last Saturday, as it's easy to make after a long day in work...so, it's
boiled rice thrown in a pan with a splash of olive oil, shredded egg and soy sauce. A handful of prawns to top.
And of course, two nice glasses of wine for a Saturday night!

Last edited:
Sunday 19 February
Breakfast:
Saucer sized serving of fried new potatoes (not the healthiest of breakfasts but it was all that was left in work-I'll bring my own brekkie next week!)

Snack:
Small bowl of pineapple chunks, melon, chopped mango and red berries. 3 squares of Milka chocolate.

Lunch:
Toast and Russian Salad. Bowl of Tomato & Basil soup. A pear.

Dinner:
Spinach & Ricotta Ravioli. One glass of wine.

Last edited:
Monday 20 February
Breakfast:
Scrambled egg on toast.

Snack:

Baby bowl of fruit & nut muesli with a strawberry fromage frais and an apple.

Lunch:
Seedy tortilla wrap toasted with a sprinkle of grated cheese. Homemade mixed bean & veg soup. Green tea & 2 mandarins.

Dinner:
Beef & veg lasagne served with mixed salad, chopped cucumber, cherry tomatoes & a drizzle of French dressing.

Tuesday 21 February
Breakfast:
2 poached eggs on toast. Apple spice tea. I am super hungry today and I don't know why?!.

Snack:
Medium bowl of fruit & nut muesli with an apricot fromage frais and a banana.

Lunch:
Seedy tortilla wrap filled with tuna, light mayo & sweetcorn mix and served with salad. A bowl of yesterday's mixed bean & veg soup. A mug of camomile tea.

Snack:
Pancake with chopped banana & a shake of chocolate sauce. I couldn't persuade anyone to try the cinnamon apple so I didn't make it in the end.

Dinner:
Tomato, basil & mozzarella tortelloni. Oops, that will be the last bit of cheese that crosses my lips for the next few weeks.

Last edited:
Wednesday 22 February
Breakfast:
Scrambled egg on toast.

Snack:
Medium bowl of fruit & nut muesli with 2 small fromage frais pots.

Lunch:
Seedy tortilla wrap filled with tuna, light mayo & sweetcorn mix and served with salad. A pear.

Snack:
A mandarin. I was seriously hungry in the late afternoon, so I halved a Kingsmill small bread bun, toasted it, cut it in to strips and dunked into low fat hummus.

Dinner:
Chicken breast on the bone, coated in southern spices & cooked in the oven. I also had 4 croquettes and some baked beans.

Last edited:
Back