Old exante bars

jennifer121

Hi folks,
I have about 26 exante bars that are one month out of date...are they ok to eat i wonder...i dont really want to throw them out...i had one today it seemed ok...what do u think...:confused:jen

I had some out of date ones - it gave me wind! I am not sure the birds liked them either.

GSQ

if it was me i would use them , but its really up to you , there is no way of telling if any of the vitamins or minerals have been effected by being out of date , although they do have quite a long shelf life so I cant see how much damage an extra month would cause !!!

Thanks Katie,thats more or less what i wanted someone to say...i dont get stressed if food in the fridge is a few days out of date or in the supermarket either...cheers jen

I'd be inclined to eat them too, I'm a bit funny about fresh stuff but cupboard stuff doesn't go off overnight or in the space of a month.

I'd be inclined to eat them too, I'm a bit funny about fresh stuff but cupboard stuff doesn't go off overnight or in the space of a month.

Bit of a thread hijack ... Lulu - I have 69lb left to lose as well!! SNAP! :)

Jennifer - I'd also probably eat them too. 'Best before' dates always err on the side of caution so I can't see there would be a problem and it's not like they're fresh foods like chicken or fish where you have to be careful of bacteria.

Maybe take a multivit to compensate?

I had some that were a month out of date but i still ate them. :D They tasted the same and didnt seem 'off' If it was longer than a month i probably would have chucked them away. x

Back