Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Old habits die hard.......

Discussion in 'General Weight Loss Discussion' started by Lynn_, 27 March 2011 Social URL.

1. Lynn_

Lynn_ On A Mission!

Start Weight:
    17st9lb
    Current Weight:
    10st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    7st0lb(39.68%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Diabetic/Low carb
    Ive been buying summer clothes this past week. I got 3 pairs of shorts, same style differnt colours, 4 t shirts with a little sleeve, same style different colours, and 4 strappy t shirts same style different colours. Then it struck me today what im doing.......... and I could kick myself.

It was so ingrained in me that I had to accept what clothes were on offer that fit, regardless of whether i liked them or not, that I just got used to buying several of the same item in different colours so that I had a selection of things to wear. I dont need to do that anymore! Im free to buy what I like now, but it still feels to weird to know there is a choice of shops to go to, and different styles to wear. Those old limitations are gone now, but I still have the old mindset.

I should take them all back and start again lol.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. gina_b

gina_b Les Mills Fitness Freak

Start Weight:
    10st0lb
    Current Weight:
    8st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st3lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(10.71%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    herbalife
    i do that but i do like only two styles of jeans (skinny and kick flare) and just plain t shirts, with combat pants all i want is a black pair.... so a very basic wardrobe but i like it :)

4. leanne69

leanne69 Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st3lb
    Current Weight:
    14st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st9lb(15.35%)
    haha yeahh hunni take the lot back and go wild!! :happy036: you deserve it!! have fun lol xx

5. Morrigan

Morrigan Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st2lb
    Current Weight:
    9st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st7lb(31.82%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    It's so weird isn't it? I have the same problem when I see clothes in shops. I automatically pick up a 16 or 18 and then remember that what I really should be looking at is 14s or even *dare I say it!* a 12.

Hard to get your head round isn't it?? You should definitely take them back and get lots of lovely new things :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.