Old habits die hard!

Baileygirl

As the title says, Old habits die hard, but in a good way!

I joined SW in 2007, a week before Xmas at the heaviest I had ever been. Even through that first Christmas I lost weight and continued to do so. I took the (very) scenic route but got just 2lbs away from my Target of 5 stone! I loved Slimming World, I even became a consultant. That was the start of my downfall, I spent so much time concentrating on my members and little on myself and began to gain weight again. I could walk the walk and talk the talk and had a fabulous group but I wasn't thinking about the plan for myself. My full time work became an issue, I was being passed over for opportunities so the time came when I had to take a step back and resigned as SW consultant.

I continued as a member but really struggled to lose weight. My consultant was lost for a cause, other consultants said I knew the plan therefore I must know I was cheating and feeling disheartened I just stepped back.

I carried on at home for a while, and a friend introduced me to the fitness pal application so I started calorie counting whilst following SW and that's when it all made sense. I was comfort eating....with the right foods. Portion sizes were huge, calories were shocking. SW was never about calories but it was a huge learning curve for me. I began to calorie count and eventually I wasn't following SW at all! After a while, I wasn't even counting calories and yep, you guessed it, I piled the weight back on!

So new year, new start I decided to have a dabble with Dukan. It's like a red day, I told myself. After just a few days of pure protein I was desperate for vegetables, desperate for a guilt free treat and after a long chat with my DW it was decided. Why fix what isn't broken... SW worked! I lost 5 stone, how could I not believe it was the right plan, the only plan that was right for me and so here I am!

I started yesterday at home, until I rejoin my group on Thursday. I am keeping my history as I still have over 2 stone lost but I know I need my group to help me get to target. My aim is to get back to target but if I can get further I will be delighted and who knows, I may even take the motorway route this time!!

So, Day 1.... I decided to try red days as I overeat carbs so if I do want them they will be measured!

B: 6 slices bresaola (0.25 syns), boiled egg, cherry tomatoes and steamed mushrooms
L: Steamed salmon fillet, vff cottage cheese and a HUGE salad (I have missed veg in the past week!!)
D: Trout with cabbage, broccoli, green beans and leeks.
HX: 350mls skimmed milk, No B choice, couldn't fit it in as I had a biscuit attack mid afternoon and was stuffed and bloated for the rest of the day!!
S: Biscuit attack 15 syns
(cals 1185)

Day 2
B: Apple and 35g Oat-bran porridge (not a hxb but using until I go shopping. Is very high fibre)
L: Broccoli and stilton soup, home-made (again using cheese for hxa)
D: Cooked ham with butternut squash, cabbage and leek
HX: oatbran and cheese as above, 350mls skimmed milk and 35g dorset nutty (to nibble in the evening!)
S: Wine 9 syns. 1 segment chocolate orange 2.5 syns
(Cals 1294)

So I know I've tweaked a little but I've been off sick all week and have not been shopping so am willing to accept it. I am still using the calorie counter as a food diary but am not actually counting other than my 300 cals for 15 syns but it's nice to see what i'm consuming. I haven't been hungry and I don't feel deprived.

Thanks for reading ;)

Hiya it's an eye opener when you start to calorie count. I'm doing sw from home but using what I've learnt through calorie counting as i feel it is to easy to eat to much on sw. Good luck with the rest of your journey xx

Finally feeling like myself today after a horrible bug. Also stepped on the scales and have lost 5lbs this week (combination of illness, and a few days of SW) :) Going to group Thursday to rejoin so may even be at or near my last registered weight with them too! My mini goal today is to do some exercise, either restart c25k, dabble with Jillian Michaels or dust off my Kettlebells. Needs to be later though as a week being off sick has caused a mass of housework! :-(

Today's plan is this

B: trout and salmon omelette with spring onions and tomatoes
L: broccoli and Stilton soup (hxb)
D: sirloin steak with carrot and swede chips, mushrooms, onions, tomato and asparagus.

HX: A 350mls skimmed milk & 35g Stilton for soup, B 35g simply nutty & 1 slice wholemeal bread

S: none planned yet, maybe a glass of wine tonight.

It's amazing how much better I feel already!

Hey, we all do the scenic route for a while. I took the entirety of last year doing the scenic route, which resulted in me losing 2st in a year, and putting one of those stones back on over Xmas! Frustrating! But now, I'm in the mindset to do it right, and do it well. Good luck!

Thanks Mandy (Love your hair colour btw)
I've always taken the scenic route, but I feel very motivated right now. A bit like when I first joined in 2007, and my weight loss was good those first 6 months so I'm hoping that I will get back to target a little quicker. I have a city break in June to look forward to so thats my initial goal.

Today went a bit off schedule as I've finally got my energy back and spent the day spring cleaning lol so I'm only just sitting to eat now.
Today's diary is...

B: trout and salmon omelette with spring onions and tomatoes (Was gorgeous)
L: broccoli and Stilton soup (hxa) and 6 crackerbread wholegrain (hxb) and marg 3 syns
D: sirloin steak with carrot and swede chips, mushrooms, onions, tomato and wholemeal roll (hxb) (First time i will have eaten bread since xmas so will be interesting to see how my body reacts!

HX: A 350mls skimmed milk & 35g Stilton for soup, B 35g simply nutty & 1 wholemeal roll

S: 2 munch biscuits 3 syns, marg 3 syns, 2 small wines 9 syns

Good day I think:D

I survived a costa muffin!!! I was starving too lol. Have kept active today with a massive spring clean/life laundry so food has not really been planned but I'm pleased with myself for resisting a takeaway and having a home made one instead :)

B: Muller and Apple
L: Tuna pasta with tons of veg (35g wholemeal pasta is TINY!)
D: Home made Salt and Pepper Chicken and Chips (200g new potatoes) (Onions, peppers and chilli)
Snack; Muller
HX a Milk, 350mls skimmed. b1: 35g wholemeal pasta b2: 200g new potatoes
S: 250ml Wine 9 syns.

More of an extra easy day really but keeping those carbs carefully monitored!

Been so busy today I've barely eaten :( Haven't felt hungry though and funnily enough I haven't had naughty cravings! It's WI tomorrow so really hoping I will be similar to my last WI weight! Either way I have 30lbs to get back to target.

Food today not so good but still on plan...
B: muller yoghurt
L: beef slices and tomatoes on hxb cracker bread, muller yoghurt
D: SW bolognese and 2 small sweet potatoes
Hx: A: 350ml skimmed milk, B: 6 wholemeal crackerbread.
S: 250ml red wine 9 syns, 25g grated cheese 6syns.

Well mixed feelings today. STS when I weighed this morning but it's star week so I wasn't too upset but I went back to class tonight and was 4lbs heavier on their scales :( I hate evening WI's!
I suppose it will even out as I will regularly weigh on a thursday night now but it's so disheartening.
Hoping to still get that week 1 loss next week so staying focused. Going running with a friend tomorrow if we don't get snowed in and plan to exercise a bit more through the week.

So today was extra easy as I really wanted baked beans!
B: 1 richmond sausage (3) 2 rashers lean bacon, mushrooms, beef tomato, baked beans and scrambled egg. Was delicious even though it was a stonking 500cals (Still logging on MFP)
L: 5 corn thins (HXb) with pastrami and cherry tomoatoes, muller turkish delight (YUM!)
Hifi light at class (3)
D: SW Bolognese with swede chips
HX a) Milk 175mls & grated cheese 15g b) corn thins
S: sausage (3) Hifi (3) Wine (9)

Flexi syn, Maltesers (15)

Back