Old habits don't always leave!

i'm like this, but as a newbie ive not quite got the hang of syns yet so im worried about what i can have so ive just been avoided chocs, my mum is coming up this weekend and i'm going to attempt a half syn cake.
ive also found strawberries a good sweet fix after dinner
xx

I've managed to keep a lid on my bingeing urges for over a year, but just know that they will always be lurking just below the surface. At work, I'm always having a sneaky look at people's lunches (I know, I'm sad) and wish it was me tucking into the cheese and onion bagel or the thick white bread sarnies with a bag of McCoys crisps on the side. The habits that made me fat have been with me since childhood, so there is no way that I will ever be able to shake off my compulsion to binge.

Yeah I love all the food I shouldn't and moderation for me seems pointless. Like I don't see the point in one biscuit or one glass of wine, so I don't do it. BUT (and it's still a big butt) :) I have the odd splurge day which can become a splurge week. This may happen every so often. Difference is for me is exercise. I love it now, well like it, and it keeps any splurges I do have under control. It is all in the mind though, I have friends with no weight issues who eat all sorts of crap and I used to wonder how and now I know it's exercise. Just got to try change the mind set. If you want that pizza, you need to balance it out xx

Count me in :) my portion control is still huge and I finish everything on my plate, and go back for seconds! If I make enough for two I usually eat it all :-/ eeek and I still want thick sliced white bread covered in chocolate spread!! X

White bread is something that doesn't bother me, unless its like tiger bread, but we just never have that in and I manage to avoid it when at my mums, oh and part baked bread at buffets, think over Christmas I'll take some ww rolls because even though I'll go over still at least I'll know my rolls have the fibre in.

But saying that I was never one for bread anyway, I ate it because it was there not because I loved it... which is one thing I have changed, I don't eat things for the sake of it now, as I always have syn values in mind

Oh Jaylou, you don't know how alike we are. I agree with all of your statements so I guess we will be eating our weight in pasta together. It's good to know I'm not alone, dreading Christmas mind.

Oh Jaylou, you don't know how alike we are. I agree with all of your statements so I guess we will be eating our weight in pasta together. It's good to know I'm not alone, dreading Christmas mind.

I still eat like a horse too and worry if I get nearer my target that I;ll have to eat less and wont manage to do that. I've a thin friend who hardly eats and she says if she ate as much as I've been doing on SW she would gain loads of weight! SW has changed what I enjoy I think; I still miss butter but I have not once craved chocolate or sweet things.

Craig A, look at you! Well done!

Can I join the gang as this is me. i can and will eat my body weight in pasta, always have dessert, no matter how full i am and in times of crisis wil always reach for chocolate for a binge. That is just who I am and I doubt I will change. I just choose to make good choices (most of the time , lol) but will not tolerate being hungry. p.s Craig wow, you are inspirational. x

I was the same... Eating 3 meals a day no fail... Plus snacks... And pudding... Few felt inks in the evening.... Then in July I started a total meal replacement... Stuck to it and lost 4 stone. Just started at sw last week and it would seem my habits have changed... I hardly ever think about food... I'm not sure how long this will last or whether I've changed my habits for good... But I guess what I'm saying is habits can change...

But why change if you're happy and it's working for you :)

Felt inks??! Drinks... Lol

I thought that my eating habits hadn't changed for example yesterday for lunch I had a bowl of superfree soup, 4 rashers of bacon, 1 slice of wholemeal bread, potato wedges and mushy pea curry. But last week when I was off plan and had a 12" pizza I could only eat half of the pizza rather than eat it and still want more (which was the case before slimming world).

I thought that my eating habits hadn't changed for example yesterday for lunch I had a bowl of superfree soup, 4 rashers of bacon, 1 slice of wholemeal bread, potato wedges and mushy pea curry. But last week when I was off plan and had a 12" pizza I could only eat half of the pizza rather than eat it and still want more (which was the case before slimming world).

After five years on SW I can still eat a 12 inch pizza! With coleslaw and garlic bread if it was on offer!!!

Mine really haven't left, sadly for me.

I wish I couldn't eat as much of the bad stuff, when we had pizza for my mums Birthday I had a large pizza to myself, plus chips (which I shared with my son but had plenty myself) plus a couple of slices of garlic bread and followed it up with cake :(

Back