Old lady downstairs (following on from recent rant!)

Discussion in 'Slimming World Off Topic' started by suepat10, 19 December 2009 Social URL.

1. suepat10

suepat10 I am one of the 63336

Start Weight:
    20st3lb
    Current Weight:
    20st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    The poor lady downstairs (93 years old) had another fall during the night. My son woke us up just after 2am to say she was calling 'help' again.

I called 999 and they sent an ambulance plus the police in case they needed to break the door down. Fortunately I managed to wake up the neighbour who has a doorkey so the police weren't needed.

Thank goodness she only has a sore foot (she had tripped over her walking frame on the way to the toilet) but hadn't been able to get up off the floor.

I feel a bit bad calling the ambulance out for a sore foot (they were in there about half an hour and then went patientless), especially on a Friday night, but then in hindsight she may have been more badly hurt than I or the neighbour realised - the neighbour made her as comfortable as she could without moving her.

I have a feeling this may be a regular occurrence! Ah well, if the lady wants to live in her own place as long as possible then the occasional disturbed night is no problem for us.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. mommyB

mommyB love it

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    14st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(2.87%)
    Sounds like at the very least she needs one of those alert thingy's that they were around their necks-my disabled cousin has one. She can summon help independantlt then.

I think you did absolutely the right thing, for all you knew she could've had a broken hip or anything !! But i also know if it becomes regular that could become quite a drain on you

4. Happy Holidays

Happy Holidays Gold Member

Start Weight:
    9st11lb
    Current Weight:
    8st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st9lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(11.68%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Oh what a shame for you all, the old woman still wants her independence I bet but you can't leave her needing help.

Yep she would be better with one of those alerty thingies.

Hope you get something sorted soon.

5. Donnie46

Donnie46 Slow but sure....

Start Weight:
    22st0lb
    Current Weight:
    19st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(11.36%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - Green Days only.
    Well done to you for being a good neighbour, she sounds like a very independant lady.

6. charlottegrace1

charlottegrace1 Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Diet:
    SW
    Pleased it was nothing too serious, it was good of you to get involved. Well done.

7. suepat10

suepat10 I am one of the 63336

Start Weight:
    20st3lb
    Current Weight:
    20st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thank you for your words but I really don't think we've done anything that anyone else wouldn't have done. We received a lovely card from her through the door yesterday afternoon thanking us for our kindness.

All we are doing is keeping our ears open for her. I hope her knowing we are listening out makes her feel safer in her own home xx

Last edited: 21 December 2009
  8. Donnie46

Donnie46 Slow but sure....

Start Weight:
    22st0lb
    Current Weight:
    19st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(11.36%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - Green Days only.
    I'm sure it helps to put her mind at ease knowing that she has a better neighbour now. X

9. *EB*

*EB* Gold Member

how kind of you to be so neighbourly! if only others were as considerate, the world would be a happier place! xxx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.