Extra Easy Old newbie needing help!

Citybird1

Hi,
I'm back on sw after many years but doing it from home due to being skint! Can't even afford online membership at the moment.
Following the EE plan so just wanting to check what I had yesterday for example is ok!
Brekkie - scrambled egg with nothing added and spaghetti hoops.
Morning snack - banana and muller light.
Lunch - tuna and little prawns with pasta, cucumber, spinach, tomato, red pepper and made Marie rose with fat free fromage frais, 1 tsp light mayo and 1 tsp tomato ketchup(counted 2 syns??)
Tea - 3 Sainsburys extra lean bgty Cumberland sausages chopped up in a sauce I made with peppers, tinned toms, sweetcorn, smoked paprika, onion, garlic, squirt of purée. (1.5 syns for the sausages??)

Fingers crossed I'm on the right lines!

Thanks
Liz

Hi Liz,

I am also doing SW from home and I looked into the online membership and couldn't believe it is practically the same amount as going to a group (£60 for 3 months) what is that all about?!? I have just started up a subscription for the slimming world magazine from their website which is £16.50 for 7 issues.

I also do EE and I did go to a group last year and only left early this year as I moved house and moved out of the area. They really sell the 1/3 superfree with every meal at the group so for your breakfast it would have been better if you had some mushrooms on your plate aswell or had some fruit before or after but your other meals seem fine.

I can't help with the syn side of things as I need to try and find my book which is more than likely in a box in the garage still from the house move haha. (that reminds me I must look for it tonight)

I must admit I am not the best at having a 1/3 superfree with my meals but just to give you an idea of what I had over the last 2 days is:

Tues - EE day

Breakie - 14 bitesize choc weetabix (hb), milk (ha) and a banana (sf)

Lunch - SW cottage pie, peas, carrots (sf), gravy (2), weight watchers yog and some pineapple (sf)

Tea - stuffed chicken with bacon, baby corn (sf), broccoli (sf), cauli (sf), carrots (sf), new potatoes and cheese sauce (5).

Snacks - melon & grape bag, cockles, SW cheese scones and 1/2 curly wurly (3)

So I had 10 syns on Tuesday

Weds - Green day

Breakie - 2 w/meal bread toasted (hb) and jam (2)

Lunch - Batchelors cheese and broccoli pasta n sauce, 2 SW cheese scones, pineappale and weight watchers yog.

Tea - 2 w/meal bread (hb) with beans and cheese (ha) (toasted sandwich), SW chips, Lettuce, tomatoe, cucumber, beetroot, onion (all sf), light salad cream (2)

Snacks - Banana, grape, melon, SW scones

So had 4 syns yesterday

I only had a green day because I planned my meals and I knew i was having 2 lots of bread so needed to healthy b's

Sorry for the long post but hope that has helped and given you some ideas :)

Angela x

That's brilliant Angela, thanks!
I must stock up on free veggies, just running low in the house. I do think most of the time I'll work my syns into my meals as its snacking on crisps and choc that got me into this mess in the first place. Well, curry and wine too actually but hey!

Yes I work a lot of my syns in to meals too as I also want to steer clear of using syns on crisps and chocolate because once I start, I struggle to stop haha. Me and my OH have a takeaway once a week and it's generally a Thursday as when I used to go to group that's the night I got weighed but I try to have the best option from the takeaway. We had kebab last night and usually I'd have chips with it but I literally just had a doner kebab which is about 15.5 syns :) x

Hi,
I'm back on sw after many years but doing it from home due to being skint! Can't even afford online membership at the moment.
Following the EE plan so just wanting to check what I had yesterday for example is ok!
Brekkie - scrambled egg with nothing added and spaghetti hoops.
Morning snack - banana and muller light.
Lunch - tuna and little prawns with pasta, cucumber, spinach, tomato, red pepper and made Marie rose with fat free fromage frais, 1 tsp light mayo and 1 tsp tomato ketchup(counted 2 syns??)
Tea - 3 Sainsburys extra lean bgty Cumberland sausages chopped up in a sauce I made with peppers, tinned toms, sweetcorn, smoked paprika, onion, garlic, squirt of purée. (1.5 syns for the sausages??)

Fingers crossed I'm on the right lines!

Thanks
Liz

Looks good to me! I take it you did include your HEXA & HEXB? :)

Tues - EE day

Breakie - 14 bitesize choc weetabix (hb), milk (ha) and a banana (sf)

Angela x

Hi just noticed your post, not sure if choc Weetabix are HEXB anymore. I know the big ones aren't and have to be synned but not sure if it makes any difference to the small ones. This is the problem when you're not at group anymore it's difficult to keep up with the changes (I miss getting the online access). If you do a search in the syn values or post the question someone will know the answer for sure.

Hope that helps :)

Yes, be careful with the weetabix! I looked on the SW website and it states you can have 35g weetabix bitesize. It doesn't state chocolate though, so I'm assuming it's just the original ones! Or you can have 30g weetabix chocolate spoonsize - I'm assuming that's something different from the bitesize ones.

I'm also not sure that 30-35g would equal 14 of them either. I weighed out 25g of the weetabix chocolate crunchy minis (4.5 Syns) the other day and I literally got about 6.

Ah thanks for that guys.....I shall post it on a fb page I am on and see if anyone can answer that for me. I got the new pack in the new year and swore they were on the list but I shall check and I will also double check exactly which I have got :)

Thank you x

I've set mum on with the task of finding out as she still goes to group. I've just logged on to website with her log in details and there is only:

30g Choc spoonsize on there and 35g I believe of plain bitesize weetabix but in the syn section the mini choc chip weetabix are the same amount and same syn value of the choc spoonsize so it's confusing.

Shall let you know when mum finds out from her Consultant :) x

Back