(Old) SW Magazines

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by *Cupcake*, 6 June 2010 Social URL.

1. *Cupcake*

*Cupcake* is working hard.....

Start Weight:
    20st1lb
    Current Weight:
    14st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st13lb
    Lost(%):
    5st3lb(25.98%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    I've dug out my old (2007/2008) SW magazines from my '(Th)Inspiration box' to have a read and I'm amazed at 2 things.

1. How relevant and inspiring the articles and stories still are.

and

2. Hasn't the plan changed since EE has been introduced! (My old mags were much more a of a broad balance between original and green. The new seems to be very much in favour of EE.)

Still I'm loving reading back through, and wondering how all the success stories are doing now. Some lovely recipe ideas too!

Anyone else keep their mags (or anything else) to read through/ look at again?

xx:)

Mini likes this.
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. louisedan

louisedan Gold Member

Diet:
    slimming world
    mine go back to 1998.Shows how often I've broken the plan. I often have a aflick through and find recipes I've forgotten about.I can buy ww mags now we have EE and adapt some of their recipes.

4. maypole

maypole loves to eat

Diet:
    Slimming World
    I got rid of load of mine & gave them to my old consultant when I defected to WW :eek:. I am back in slimming world fold so only have a few :( I should call her & try & get them back if she still has them as mine went back to 2000

5. Claireybella

Claireybella Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st2lb
    Current Weight:
    15st11.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4.5lb(1.99%)
    Diet:
    SW
    I've only been doing SW since January, but my C sells the old magazines at 50p a copy, to raise money for a local charity. Even though I follow EE, all the recipes are original or green, but I must admit, some of them are lovely! Same with the stories! Amazing!

Mini likes this.
  6. *angie*

*angie* loves food and cooking

Start Weight:
    12st10.5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5.5lb(3.08%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World and 5:2 (not together)
    I have kept all copies since starting the plan, and I still use them if I feel like I need some recipe inspiration. I have no problem with them being red or green - just means you can add other ingredients to them!

7. flutterbyuk25

flutterbyuk25 Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st5lb
    Current Weight:
    18st11.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    15st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7.5lb(7.54%)
    Diet:
    Weightwatchers
    I don't keep mine but I do pull out all the recipes I may like to try or adapt (I'm veggie but often do the meat ones with tofu/quorn instead) in future. I put them in photo album, the ones with the sticky back and clear page you peel off. So they stay in good condition.

I occasionally keep a few of the success stories, especially if they are people who are my height/start weight

x

8. Circes

Circes Strutting her stuff

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    7st5lb(41.2%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I've got mags going back to the late 90s but I need to clear space and will have to have a chucking out session very soon after I scan any recipes I want to keep. My local library has a magazine exchange box so I'll just leave them there and perhaps someone else can benefit from them too!

9. *Cupcake*

*Cupcake* is working hard.....

Start Weight:
    20st1lb
    Current Weight:
    14st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st13lb
    Lost(%):
    5st3lb(25.98%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Te He - I'm so glad I'm not the only one who hoards them!

I've had a lovely Sunday drinking tea, and reading through some incredible stories and supportive articles.

I just had to stop myself cutting out the coupons as they were all out of date lol!

xx:)

10. sweetchant1lly

sweetchant1lly Here we go again ..

Start Weight:
    137.44kg
    Current Weight:
    135.62kg
    Goal Weight:
    95.25kg
    Lost(%):
    1.8kg(1.32%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    i often pull out my old mags for inspiration and love many of the recipes i agree that the new mags feature mainly ee and it feels as if they are promoting ee as their main plan

11. cheekychinchilla

cheekychinchilla Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st6lb
    Current Weight:
    12st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(16.2%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I've only been buying the mags since late last year, but I love flicking through them again. Esp reminding yourself of new products and recipes. Loads of ideas!! I keep meaning to attempt some of the desserts, esp the cakes :D

12. Nut_Brown_Hare

Nut_Brown_Hare Did it!

Start Weight:
    11st3.5lb
    Current Weight:
    9st6.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st11lb(15.87%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I wish I could find my old magazines and recipe books; I had loads from when I did the plan about 10 years ago but I think they're somewhere in the garage. I should try to dig them out.

13. Leapfrog

Leapfrog Champion actifryer

Start Weight:
    84kg
    Current Weight:
    71.5kg
    Goal Weight:
    65kg
    Lost(%):
    12.5kg(14.9%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I keep mine (dating back to 2003) in a filing cabinet, arranged by month, so that all the recipes are relevant for the time of year (you don't want Christmas pudd in July, do you - or maybe you do :D ). Each month I have a pile of that month's magazines on the bedside table to flick through

14. Fatty_no_more

Fatty_no_more Slimming for my children

Diet:
    Slimming world
    i got rid of all mine when we moved in october! I had been doing it since Feb till april when i found out i as pregnant/ xxx

15. *EB*

*EB* Gold Member

i have loads of magazines, not just SW, i also buy Zest, Rosemary C, WW magazine, and i read all the success stories and recipies!!! i love them - but agree i need to have a recycling session!!! x

16. littledolly

littledolly Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    When I started SW, I bought quite a few old mags from eBay. I find them really inspirational in terms of the stories, and useful in terms of the recipes. I delve into them every now and then when I need some motivation!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.