Olivia's quest...own diet :)

olivia1987uk

Hey everyone... This was my introductory message incase any of you missed it....

Well hello,

Don't really know what to say here other than I'm Olivia, I'm 21 and I weigh far too much. I'm about 19 stone and ideally I want to be about 12. To be honest it's not so much how much I weigh that bothers me; it's my clothes size. I'm at the moment a reluctant 22/24. Ideally I want to be a size 14 so I can shop everywhere again! I hate the variety being cut just because of how big I am!!!! I'm 21 and want to look and feel as good as other people my age.

My problem isn't so much that I eat too much at meal times...it's what I eat and snacking that is my problem. My boyfriend and I are really lazy when it comes to cooking so we'll either do the quickest thing we have, rather than the healthiest, or just phone for a takeaway.

I've started today and plan to use my exercise bike this afternoon for half an hour. Contrary to what people might think I am quite fit in terms of exercise. I don't do as much as I should but I'm quite competent and don't get tired too easily.

Anyway, I'd really love for some support and will really give as much as I get. I find things like this really inspirational as noone I know is as big as me so they don't understand. My boyfriend tries but fails miserably, bless him. It doesn't help that he eats what he wants when he wants and stays perfectly slim and toned with minimal effort...:mad: lol

Anyway, it's lovely to meet you all...hope to hear from some of you soon!

Olivia

I'm pleased to annouce that I have lost 2lbs in my first week...not much but I feel so much better and people are actually commenting about me looking "fresh"...whatever that means...hehe

Hi Olivia, well done on losing the 2lb and good luck losing the rest. I also try to go on my exercise bike most days too and find it helps if I watch the biggest loser at the same time.

Hey olivia! Well done on the 2lb weight loss. 2lb is a great loss, it's the most you should safely lose per week :) So well done, and give yourself credit for doing something about your weight not just complaining about it!

Something I found helped me get 'in the zone' was to imagine an anorexic/undereating person in my head, taking over my eating habits and body for a while. Now don't get me wrong I know I'll never actually be anorexic: I like food too much and I love having womanly curves, but it does help me to control my diet.. i.e. if I'm struggling to resist something I think "what would my skinny person say/do" and sort of mentally step into skinny person mode. lol I dunno it might help you, it helped me anyway?

Hi Olivia, well done on losing the 2lb and good luck losing the rest. I also try to go on my exercise bike most days too and find it helps if I watch the biggest loser at the same time.

I go on my bike from half 3 til 4 and stop to watch it...lol
Before I go on my exercise bike I do the warm up from the Claire Richards 5 Step Fat Attack too... :)

Hey olivia! Well done on the 2lb weight loss. 2lb is a great loss, it's the most you should safely lose per week :) So well done, and give yourself credit for doing something about your weight not just complaining about it!

Something I found helped me get 'in the zone' was to imagine an anorexic/undereating person in my head, taking over my eating habits and body for a while. Now don't get me wrong I know I'll never actually be anorexic: I like food too much and I love having womanly curves, but it does help me to control my diet.. i.e. if I'm struggling to resist something I think "what would my skinny person say/do" and sort of mentally step into skinny person mode. lol I dunno it might help you, it helped me anyway?

Thanks a lot for your support...I love the people on here!
I find myself constantly thinking..."how much exercise will I have to do to get rid of this sandwich?" for example...and that helps! I suppose that's a similar concept.

:) thanks everyone

Hiya, that sounds like a good plan Olivia.:) Keep posting and let us know how you get on. I can understand how you feel, I don't know very many people as big as me either, well in their 20s at least.

Hi Lyn...thanks for your message...if you ever want to talk feel free to add me on msn or find me on here...

x

Not had a particularly good weekend...it's really got me down. I'm more discipline when I'm on my own but other people seem to be able to influence me too easily.

Hi Olivia , hope your ok. Just wanted to say your doing brilliantly so far. Like you i try and go on my exercise bike every day and actually really enjoy it. If you want to talk or want a buddy just leave me a message x

Wooooo! Considering I thought I'd had a bad weekend I've lost another 3lb taking my total this week to 5lb!!!

Very happy bunny!

5lb loss in a week is amazing girl! :D go you!

I only started Wednesday...just shows you how much rubbish I was eating beforehand really :)

No problem whatsoever Emma...I need as many friends as I can get on here, as we all do :)

I've had a lot more energy today so I've decided to put it to good use and do an extra stint on the exercise bike...so I've already done 15 mins this morning and I'm due to do my dvd and another 15 on the bike about 3pm so I'm done in time for the biggest loser! x

Noone seems to be replying but I'll still keep documenting things for my own purposes! Lol!

I have the worst cold in the world at the moment so not weighing myself today. I will have gained purely because of the amount of water I'm consuming to try and flush this out and it wouldn't be a true reflection... Maybe this will make my loss next week seem a bit more substantial :)

Hey sorry to hear you are feeling ill! Hope you get well soon and good luck with your WI next week :)

Thanks, that's really nice of you! I've been back on the exercise bike today so definitely feeling better and getting back on track!

Back