OMFlippinG mincemeat

jacqui35

Silver Member
Hi all

Not that i have it much but i have freezer full of lean mincemeat and just looked at syns and the iceland one is 1.5 per 100g omg i thought it was free on red.

Or is that extra lean and where the hell do you buy this from??? :confused::confused::confused: argghhhhhh lololol

I only use Quorn mince Jacquie - it's lean and free all the way....sorry I can't help you with you mincmeat question. X

I've never found extra lean mince anywhere :confused:
I use lean and drain all the excess fat off as well.

As long as you drain it it should be free.

I buy lean from our Butchers and drain it (currently have 12lbs of it in our freezer as ahd a huge butcher delivery two weeks ago!)

Is it frozen mince? It may be something to do with the preservatives etc that they pump into the meat to keep it longer?

I used to get it in asda but it is so much more expensive. I started buying the lean mince rather than extra lean and just drain the excess once it is browned.

Not sure if it is the frozen iceland mince you have, if so, not sure draining it would work as I found it went into a kinda of mush when I used it in a bolognese.

I get mine from tesco it's the heathy living extra lean mince,£2.99 for 500g pack i think.
I was horrified last week when hubby got lean lamb mince,even though it said lean the amount of fat i drained off was discusting lol

You have to buy the extra lean for it to be free but I have used just plain old lean before, counted it as free & it didn't make an difference to my weight loss, when I did SW a few years ago extra lean wasn't around then & all meat was free as long as you either cut all the visible fat off or drained it away, I would use what you have & count it as free.

ohhh thanks all, yes i do drain it so phew and the lamb omg i no what you mean very fatty. thanks again all :)

Back