OMG bars!!!

sian69

hi everyone
this is my 3rd week on cwp and so far lost 14lbs on my first 2 weeks.
i took a selection of bars for my 3rd week and all i can say is YUM YUM!
i don't think theres one i dislike and if you've got a sweet tooth like me they really hit the spot.
i have heard they can slow down peoples losses so would like to hear any stories of these bars good or bad, definitely getting some more on wednesday night though!
onwards and downwards
sian x

Well done on the loss, the bars are yum choc and toffee are my favourite. Never slowed my losses, but the can give you wind and stop you going to the loo as easily I don't have them unless I'm out at the weekend.

don't believe they slowed my losses any! :) mint choc for me.

the first week i had bars (one every day) i lost more weight than i had in either of the first two weeks. they're 25 cals more, or something. that's negligible.

well i'm glad to hear they shouldn't affect the weight loss but as you say spangles the calorie difference isn't that much.
i really could have a bar for every meal but obviously i know your only allowed 1 a day, shame really!
i think my favourite so far are the chocolate orange chewy and the chocolate chewy but the peanut and the choc mint are nice!
right i'll stop talking about them now, starting to sound a bit obsessed! haha
onwards and downwards
sian x

Bars get an unfair rap for slowing losses, IMHO. The thing is, people tend to have smaller losses on weeks 3 and 4 (nothing to worry about, just the body stabilising itself a bit) and this can happen whether or not you have bars. But of course, because being allowed to have bars coincides with week 3, people see the lower loss and blame the bars. :sigh:

So, have the bars and accept that some weeks you'll get lower losses for no obvious reason. Just the way it is. Weight loss isn't linear - those pesky pounds don't come off in neat and tidy 3.5 pound chunks (if only!)

thanks for that lily, i had figured that since i lost 11lbs in my first week and 3lbs in my 2nd week that my 3rd weigh in could be less.
the way i'm going to try and look at my weight loss is over a period of 4 weeks as i know some weeks are going to be bigger, some weeks are going to be smaller.
i was looking at the nutritional info on the wrappers of the bars and it doesn't seem as if it would be enough to take you out of ketosis, its only an extra 25cals or so.
well my weigh in is on wednesday so we'll soon find out!
onwards and downwards
sian x

Bars...ooo nooo...ugh, can't do..:9529:
I also can't do the soup or the milkshakes hot. It has to be cold with ice...nom!
It's all VLC so I'm sure having bars will not slow the weight down..its all part of the plan, as long as you stick to it ;)

I love the choc and choc orange bars - I've been having one every day since starting cambridge (I switched from another VLCD so was allowed bars from the get go) and they don't seem to have slowed my losses any! :)

oh well i'm glad to hear the mostly positive stories about bars. its my 3rd weigh in tomorrow morning and my counsellor is away on holiday next week so i'll have to take 2 weeks of packs tomorrow. it will feel slightly strange not having a weigh in next week but i feel i'm in the zone now so onwards and downwards
sian x

oh well after wondering about the bars i can well and truely confirm the bars don't slow down my weight loss at least, week 3 WI was -8lbs!
i had to get 2 weeks of packs as my consultant is away on holiday so that included a selection of 14 bars!
yum yum!
onwards and downwards
sian x

Back