OMG carb and calorie free noodles?

Bea

Back on the wagon!
I know someone who tried them who said that they were the most disgusting thing she had ever eaten :). You didn't expect something calorie and carb free to be nice now did you? ;)

ROTFL.....in fairness no! But one lives in hope!

I saw these too! Expensive to get delivered n too nervous to get them as v mixed reviews. Didnt want to pay for me to hate em. If u try the let us know how they taste x

I think if they were fantastic then all dieters would eat them in their thousands. I think I'll do without the addition of white slimy worms to the meal packs :)

Haven't tried them but noodles/pasta products can act as a trigger for my savoury cravings. That's why to date, I've avoided even VLCD spag bol type sachets. If these noodles disappointed, I'd be heading for the take away noodles - again...!

PS The other thing that puts me off is the word 'miracle' in any diet product. We VLCD-ers are vulnerable enough - there are no external miracles on this path, only those we create ourselves!

Last edited:
I tried them when I was on Atkins (bought from lowcarbmegastore) and yeah...they're vile! While cooking them, the whole house smelt of bad fish and as for the taste - try chewing your car tyres after driving 100miles

lol! I used to buy them on atkins. Dont smell them when you open the packet to drain the water out! Because, lets just say, its not appetizing!

However, that said, if you are making a stir fry and you chuck them in the wok with whatever it is you're cooking, or maybe do them in some thick chicken stock, then they're "ok".

I say "ok" because, lets face it, they're nothing like pasta noodles. They're like strands of tasteless gelatine. But if you coat them in enough stuff, they're edible!

ok...decided to order a sample pack....and will let you know the verdict!

The calorie, carb free noodles arrived last night when I got home. So thanks for the pre-warning - opening the packet was vile!!! But I solidered on...

I made up some S&S mushroom soup (slighly thicker) with a few veg and put the noodles in and let it simmer for about 5 minutes. Added a bit of black pepper.....the verdict - they have no taste as such but they took on the mushroom taste from the soup...I do really like the mushroom soup and I have to say after eating the bowl..I felt totally stuffed which was a nice feeling lol....have 3 other packs so going to see what else I can come up with and let you know.....

texture was "fine" not exactly the same - a little rubbery but I found it actually ok...i think if I was on a full food diet - I would hate them but I like the idea of having "a bowl of something"....and have 50 soups to get through...so it felt nice to be sitting at the table with the family and having something on my plate too......so might use them for that...I am not saying they are fab go and get them but they are definately a filler!!!

Back