omg creme fraiche

Am really keen to know the answer on this one too. So many recipes have creme fraiche in.

Are there any good substitutes for creme fraiche that anyone knows of?

how come this has gone up in syns?
it used to be half a syn for a tbsp now its 1 and a half syns a tbsp that seems quite a lot.
is that for the half fat ones too as in my books it only says creme fraiche not half fat ...

Sorry but I don't think it has changed. I checked my 2007 directory and it has RF creme fraiche as 1.5 syn per tbsp and full fat for 3.0 syns per tbsp. That's the same as it is now.

Wench - fromage frais is a good substitute for creme fraiche but you need to be careful how you use it. It doesn't withstand boiling so only add it at the end of cooking over a low heat otherwise it curdles.

0% total greek style yogurt is free and very creamy x

god this is so confusing.just looked in my food pack the book you get when you join with the red /green days in it and it does say in there 1/2 fat creme fresh is 1.5 syns and full fat is indeed 3 syns.but if you look in the food directory 2009 it definatley says half a syn per tablespoon ,maybe its a misprint cos in the 2010 directry its back to 1 and a half???????????

also the asda good for you is 0.5 a tbsp but tescos healthy living is 1.5 too.

Last edited:
Back