omg, not good for the diet

cherylxx

Silver Member
well, i feel awful.
not even sure what to do
2 days ago i developed a rotten sore throat and started with a cough.
went to the doctors yesterday and was told i have tonsilitus and also sinusitus.
last night i completely lost my voice and was left with a painful squeak if i try to talk.
only managed one shake yesterday and about 2 litres water (usually drink 4-6 litres a day). i have no choice but to constantly suck on soothers and mentholyptus to ease my throat (which is now raw:cry:)
woke this morning feeling worse than ever. cant remember the last time i was this ill.
can barely move, my whole body hurts and aches, my throat is almost unbareable and im sure the throat infection has gone to my chest cause i now have wheezing on chest and am coughing so violently im making myself sick.
not even managed first shake yet and have only managed one cup of water.
am i going to put weight on cause of this?
will sickness undo my hard work?
just dont know what to do as swallowing is almost impossible since someone implanted that cheese grater into my throat:cry:
cherylxx

awe bless you.. your health is more important.. sure you wont gain anything.. have you got antibiotics? gargle with salt water too.. hope you feel better soon xx

hi amethyst,
thank you for the reply hun.
yes, im now on antibiotics which was the only reason i managed one cup of water so far today.
not sure if i could gargle salt water right now due to the rawness of my throat. maybe in a few days (hopefully) when its not so raw. cant imagine how much salt would sting right now. :sigh:

cherylxx

you poor thing get well soon!

get well soon. sounds really nasty. Take care.

Hopefully the antibiotics will kick in soon and you will start to feel better. Try taking paracetamol when I had tonsilitis it really helped.

aww Cheryl.. that sounds awful hun..

There's a few things you could try, gargle with soluble aspirin.. that can help if you can manage it. There are these little table sweets called tyrosets (wrong spelling but chemist will know what they are) and there's a spray that you can spray directly onto your throat and it numbs it, perhaps long enough to get some water down.

plenty of rest though, and I realy hope you feel better soon x

thank you all for ur replies and kind words.
i have tried using vicks throat spray (chloriseptic spray) this morning and OMG it was like acid in my throat, made me move though, was jumping around for a few seconds, hehe.
i am taking co-codamol (dissolvable so a little water intake there too)
cant take aspirin unfortunately
i will ask hubby to find out about tyrosets though.
i would suck on a rusty old boot buckle if i was told it would help.
wonder if ive been on computer so long i got a computer virus. lol
thanks again everyone,
cherylxx

thank you so much sharon and dragon.

Hope you are feeling better soon Cheryl. I had some sugar free strepsils when I had a sore throat in January, I think they were slightly better diet wise. But nothing is as important as your health, you keep doing what is necessary to feel better, and then get back on the plan when everything is OK. You'll get there.

Theresa x

PS - who are those people in the photo on your avatar? Its so tiny I can't make them out and I really need to know cos I suspect they are famous?!

Hugs Cheryl, really hope you are feeling better soon xxx

ty all for the lovely replies.

theresa: excluding the one next to me (on the right of me in the pic). he isnt important, he is only the hubby, lol.
the other gorgeous 4 are the member of G4 (they came second in X-factor, famously did a cover of bohemian rhapsody) and went on to have 3 wonderful hit albums before splitting last year :cry:.
however, jonathan ansell (lead singer and object of my obsession, pictured directly to my left with arm around me ' i almost fainted') has gone solo and released his first solo album on february18th which went straight in at number 10 in the album chart. :) (can u tell im obsessed?) lol.
here is a closer pic of jonathan.

Attachments

• CC_Jonathan_sig.jpg
    CC_Jonathan_sig.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 27
  • jon2.jpg
    jon2.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 30
well, i feel awful.
not even sure what to do
2 days ago i developed a rotten sore throat and started with a cough.
went to the doctors yesterday and was told i have tonsilitus and also sinusitus.
last night i completely lost my voice and was left with a painful squeak if i try to talk.
only managed one shake yesterday and about 2 litres water (usually drink 4-6 litres a day). i have no choice but to constantly suck on soothers and mentholyptus to ease my throat (which is now raw:cry:)
woke this morning feeling worse than ever. cant remember the last time i was this ill.
can barely move, my whole body hurts and aches, my throat is almost unbareable and im sure the throat infection has gone to my chest cause i now have wheezing on chest and am coughing so violently im making myself sick.
not even managed first shake yet and have only managed one cup of water.
am i going to put weight on cause of this?
will sickness undo my hard work?
just dont know what to do as swallowing is almost impossible since someone implanted that cheese grater into my throat:cry:
cherylxx

Hi Cheryl sorry to hear you are poorly. I had exactly the same about five weeks ago and was put on antibiotics. I felt rotten but lived on ice-cold water, throat lozengers and lowfat vanilla icecream to help sooth my throat. My weight remained the same for approximately three weeks, due to the antibiotics but I had some fantastic losses after that. However, your health is far more important, so take what you need to get you through it.

Hope you feel better soon

A x

Back