OMG - the bruising!!

rainbow brite

~Starsprinkled~
Okay, so I got up out of bed this morning, looked down at my jammie-clad self and noticed 9 fingertip sized bruises all in one area on my right thigh! It almost looks like someone has grabbed the flesh there or has been jabbing at me which I can assure you hasn't happened lol. I've noticed these little bruises appearing all over me but it is mostly on my thighs for some reason. I can't say for definite but I'm pretty sure they weren't there when I went to bed last night!

Anyone else getting the same or something similar?

~Gem xx

Lol I'm pretty sure it's nowt otherworldly :p

I have bruising since starting vlcd, I think it's common I have a big dog and when she jumps on me i get a bruise.... so.. be careful!

in all seriousness, i have noticed random bruises, small ones like u said, but just thought that i was being a clumsy cow. wonder what it is? but i haven't had clumps of them! lol just random ones

Mostly I've noticed little random ones but this morning's little dinner party on my leg was enough to make me go WTF?! lol Maybe we're just more sensitive to bruising as the fat melts away or something? Shot in the dark but no idea otherwise! xx

i had one on my arm looked like a finger print no reason on how i got it after 3 weeks it is only just going but it looked like someone had grabbed me and the top of my legs well dont get me started there my legs are covered in bruises but i havent knocked them i have 9 bruises on one leg and one big one on the other leg. you are not the only one hun xxx

Thanks Nicki for the info :) I'll ask at the chemist on Monday if they have anything. It's not a massive problem but I don't particularly want ugly bruises all over my legs when I'm on holiday! :( xx

i had one on my arm looked like a finger print no reason on how i got it after 3 weeks it is only just going but it looked like someone had grabbed me and the top of my legs well dont get me started there my legs are covered in bruises but i havent knocked them i have 9 bruises on one leg and one big one on the other leg. you are not the only one hun xxx

Well at least we know we're not abnormal then! Good to know others are getting it too (though not good that you're all getting bruised of course lol)

i find even turning over in bed hurts my hip bones (didn't know i had any) so maybe it's just down to the cushion of fat vanishing.

i find even turning over in bed hurts my hip bones (didn't know i had any) so maybe it's just down to the cushion of fat vanishing.

That's coz you're a skinny mini who reached her target ;) lol xx How are you getting on anyways scouse?

It can happen on VLCDs. Something to do with changes in the viscosity and volume of your blood.

Some people seem to need more Vitamin K. I believe you can buy something to help from chemists under the name of Synkavit. If that doesn't help and it bothers you, it's worth a visit to the doctors.

Well at least we know we're not abnormal then! Good to know others are getting it too (though not good that you're all getting bruised of course lol)

we all understand i just glad i am not the only one who suffers with it. xx

im getting bruises appearing to,got 2 on my arm that just appeared!

I get bruises on the front of my ankle area which are hard to hide and look awful! I did ask my chemist but she didn't have a clue. Will ask about the vit k though, thanks Nicki.

x

hi rainbow i'm doing ok, maintaining at my goal weight and finding it weird even now cooking food after so long on the shakes. i must say i do miss them for the convenience

I have exectly the same thing gemma, bruises all over my thighs, they're not sore but they keep appearing & i know i haven't knocked myself. I also get them on my arms. Another thing i keep getting is cramp in my legs!!!! Every morning when i wake up, if i try to stretch i just get cramp in my calves, it's soooo painfull!

I get bruises really easily anyway lash em in arnica gel and they go away quicker but since starting LT i look like i have been battered im covered in them luckily its thighs, legs and places i can hide

Arnica gel is an ace way to get rid of a bruise quickly :)

I bruise really easily too, but thats how I've always been. My legs are constantly bruised. If its not normal for you I'd keep an eye on it hun and if it persists speak to your doctor...he can rule out serious things then.xx

Back