OMG! Weetabix Cake!!

shelleylovesjelly

Oooh I just made the weetabix cake off the SW website, oh my days how lush is that?! Anyone else a lover of it? I saw a few posts of people not liking it so I was dubious at first.

I made this last night and I really enjoyed it! It was far tastier than I thought it was going to be. I'll def have it again.

I attempted this yesterday but i dont think i did it right... it didnt cook properly in the middle! Gutted because my house smelt like a cake shop!! x

i remember making this at school, im no chef but may give it a whirl. I detest sultanas and hubby will not touch it if they are in, any guess on the syn value without it

It's fruitcakey and yummy! Used to make it a lot when I did SW the first time.

I haven't heard of this but would like to give it a go, would be grateful for recipe too please x

Could you add an Options sachet to this to make it a bit chocolatey? I don't like sultanas either, but I do like chocolate bread cake :)

I'm not doing anything, I might have a crack at it now...

Weetabix Cake
(Serves 12)
3.5 sins per slice on both red and green

Ingredients;[/i]
2 Weetabix (6.5 sins)
113g (4oz) sultanas (16 sins)
142ml (5floz) skimmed milk (2.5 sins)
142ml (5floz) water
113g (4oz) self-raising four (18 sins)
1 teaspoon mixed spice
14g (0.5oz) artificial sweetener
1 egg beaten

Method;[/i]
1. Preheat the oven to 180oC, 350oF or Gas Mark 4

2. Put the Weetabix and sultanas in a bowl. Pour the milk and water over the top and leave to soak up all the liquid.

3. Stir in the flour, mixed spice, sweetener and beaten egg.

4. Spoon the mixture into a 454g (1lb) lined loaf tin and bake in the preheated oven for 1 1/4 hours until cooked.

5. Cool on a wire rack before serving, then cut into 12 slices.

I made my own version of this- no raisins, used choc weetabix and threw in an options belgian choc sachet. It was nice- turned out a bit like a breakfast cake. Sister in law ahs been making them once a week to take to work!

Back