On 2nd week, was ill in bed today...have now eaten!

Oops

Hi, woke up today and and when I got out of bed I felt light headed and my heart felt as if it was going a hundred miles per hour. Couldn't stand too longer and going down the stairs put me out of breath. Husband sent me to bed and brought a Choc Shake to me, 2.5 hours later brought me another Shake. At 5pm I still wasn't feeling better so he made me Oxtail Soup with 1 bread & 1 cheese on toast, plus a glass of milk. I am gutted that I have had to eat. Not sure if it was the right thing to do or am I a wuss?. Has anyone else felt this unwell?

Yep I am unwell too, I have pharyngitis (throat infection) and was prescribed penicillin so LT pharmacist advised me to have 2 shakes and 1 meal as if I was on maintenance. I have just had Salad with Chicken and a poached egg on top - I couldn't finish it all!!! only thing I would advise is that if you do need to do that, and if you are sick you should probably follow maintenance or you might just get more run down, is to try to follow the re-feed or maintenance plan, so try to steer away from carbs/breads etc, and stick with white meat and green veg as advised on the re-feed leaflet, that way it won't affect ketosis so badly.

Do you feel any better after eating? If you do your body may have needed it. Don't feel guilty you can't continue when u feel better. It may also be a virus, lost of hings going round. BED, REST AND RELAX

Do you feel any better after eating? If you do your body may have needed it. Don't feel guilty you can't continue when u feel better. It may also be a virus, lost of hings going round. BED, REST AND RELAX

Do feel better for eating. Vixenbuffy is right I will now follow her advice. I have done various diets over the years, have never felt so tired, unwell as this one!.

Sorry to read, you've been ill today.

Hope you're feeling better soon

Lx

awww hope ur betta soon. ive felt abit funny 2day aswell headache n really weak n so bad cravin food makes u feel rubbish x x

Its probably a bug there are loads going about. They suck!!!

Get well soon.
You sound like you have a virus or infection. The breathlessness, raised heart beat maybe asthma type symptoms related to this, if you feel flu/cold symptoms. Without the cold/flu it could be a panic attack. I would advise you to go to your GP or call out of hours dr to get checked out, particularly if the breathing gets worse. I think it is unlikely to the caused by LT.

Hope you are feeling much better soon hun, if not just do a couple of days on maintenance and I am sure you will be feeling much better soon.

i wonder if ur body can crave food that much it cud make u ill??

I would think that would be dependent on how much you weighed to start with, say if someone 400lbs was trying to survive on the 3 shakes a day then they would find it harder. As long as you're drinking enough water etc then I wouldn't think it would have that much effect, unless there was some underlying medical problem ie diabetes.

Sorry to read, you've been ill today.

Hope you're feeling better soon

Lx

It really did worry me yesterday, example was that I had a shower and just drying my hair I had to sit down 5 times to get my energy back and stop feeling light headed. Spent the whole day lying on my bed. Went to sleep at 8.30pm.

Have woken today and feel fine as if I can continue. I have Ketostix and it confirms i'm still in Ketosis.

After yesterday experience I've accepted whatever the scale says on Tuesday is fine with me.

It really did worry me yesterday, example was that I had a shower and just drying my hair I had to sit down 5 times to get my energy back and stop feeling light headed. Spent the whole day lying on my bed. Went to sleep at 8.30pm.

Have woken today and feel fine as if I can continue. I have Ketostix and it confirms i'm still in Ketosis.

After yesterday experience I've accepted whatever the scale says on Tuesday is fine with me.

Check out my diary hun, Wed for me was exactly the same. I went to bed in the afternoon, cried because I felt so ill. But I feel soooo much better now. It was almoat as if my body was having one last ditch attempt to change my mind!

I hope you feel better today *hugs to you*

Check out my diary hun, Wed for me was exactly the same. I went to bed in the afternoon, cried because I felt so ill. But I feel soooo much better now. It was almoat as if my body was having one last ditch attempt to change my mind!

I hope you feel better today *hugs to you*

Thanks Demaris, it was a scary experience as I never felt that way before. Where can I find your diary entry.

Thanks Matronix, feel alot better and will continue. Guilt is such a waste of time, whats done is done!

hope you feel better soon

Back