On a mission to be a slim bridesmaid..open to pointers! :)

I'm going away tomorrow until Sunday for work, so I'm going to try & plan out my day so that I hopefully can stay on plan.

Saturday 13th:
Breakfast:
Grilled rashers, tomatoes & mushrooms, and an egg fried with frylight

Lunch:
Sandwich made with 2 slices brown gluten-free bread (HEB) and lettuce & ham

Dinner:
Smash (made with boiling water - first time trying this so will see how it goes!) and a cheese triangle mixed through (HEA); and fruit (grapes / apple / banana) OR I might try to get out to a restaurant and have something like a chicken-stir fry with rice (will try the smash first as I can't really afford to eat out)

Snacks:
Mugshot; xfactor treats - Options (2 syns) & grapes

Sunday 14th:
Breakfast:
2 gluten-free toast (HEB) with scrambled eggs (if they'll do them without milk, cream, etc...) and beans, OR cornflakes with low-fat milk (HEA) and banana

Lunch:
Fruit; 2 alpen lights (if I haven't used my HEB).

I will hopefully be home after lunch so I will be back to normal eating then - probably have chicken, veg & potatoes for dinner and something light for tea.

Was lazing around on the couch and then suddenly got an idea of having pasta salad with me tomorrow for dinner. Hopped up and cooked pasta, mixed through passata, cheese (HEA), mushrooms, peppers, diced rasher and sundried tomatoes. Very proud of myself for going to the trouble of making it..but have no idea what it will taste like. I reckon it will be better than smash would have though! :)

I have an old school friend coming over tonight im cooking a meal but going to stick on plan grilled prawns with chilli for starter and stuffed chicked with tons of veg for main just need to remeber to lay of the wine eekkkk ...

carrieann78 said:
I have an old school friend coming over tonight im cooking a meal but going to stick on plan grilled prawns with chilli for starter and stuffed chicked with tons of veg for main just need to remeber to lay of the wine eekkkk ...

It's the same with eating out - I always find avoiding wine is harder than having to make healthy meal choices. Then again, nothing wrong with treating yourself to some wine on a Saturday night! :) Sounds like a nice night. Wish I was doing something fun. I'm stuck in a b&b all day, passing time doing some college work. Wishing the day away as I'm already bored! Enjoy your night x

I really have the munchies today so I have a feeling today will be a 15 syn day (at least).

Saturday 13th (will just add to it throughout the day):

Breakfast:
Grilled rashers, tomatoes & mushrooms, and an egg fried with frylight

Lunch:
Fruit bowl from tesco (melon)
I was still hungry so ended up eating my pasta (which I'd intended to have for dinner) for lunch
Pasta salad: gluten-free pasta, passata, mushrooms, peppers, sundried tomatoes, diced grilled rasher, grated carrot & grated cheese (HEA). Ate cold.

Snacks:
2 alpen lights (HEB)
Banana
2 mugshots
Skips (4 1/2 syns)
Chupa chup (2 1/2 syns)
Diet 7up
Options (2 syns)
Aaargh, so many snacks!! Still within syns though...

Total: 9 syns
(I did have two mugshots though which, although I know they're free, I think is kind of cheating - I would usually stick to just one no-syn snack like that in a day)

Last edited:
Looking good :D

Thanks hun, I don't know about that though. Having one of those days where I just want to eat, eat, eat! :( Just out of boredom & also cause I haven't had proper meals so I'm really peckish! Have some treats lined up for xfactor that are within my syns though, so hopefully I'll manage to stay on plan! :)

sparkles37 said:
Thanks hun, I don't know about that though. Having one of those days where I just want to eat, eat, eat! :( Just out of boredom & also cause I haven't had proper meals so I'm really peckish! Have some treats lined up for xfactor that are within my syns though, so hopefully I'll manage to stay on plan! :)

I'm sure you will be able to, just stay focused, you've already done so well :)

I'm sure you will be able to, just stay focused, you've already done so well :)

Thanks for the encouragment hun! :) Luckily I managed to stay away from the chocolate when I popped out to the shop & I'm now tucked into bed watching xfactor (I know it's ridiculous that I'm in bed at 930 on a Saturday - it's just because I'm in the b&b so nowhere else to sit watching tv) so can't get my hands on anything else to go over syns. Yey! :D

Thanks for the encouragment hun! :) Luckily I managed to stay away from the chocolate when I popped out to the shop & I'm now tucked into bed watching xfactor (I know it's ridiculous that I'm in bed at 930 on a Saturday - it's just because I'm in the b&b so nowhere else to sit watching tv) so can't get my hands on anything else to go over syns. Yey! :D

WELL DONE :D :D :D i'm watching it too on the sofa :) x

WELL DONE :D :D :D i'm watching it too on the sofa :) x

I always look forward to the live shows, but then it drives me nuts how staged & silly so much of it is!! Doesn't help that I hate Louis & finding Nicole VERY annoying!

Have just had a mint options. Never had the mint one before - YUM!!

Having a good day today so far. Have a headache though and feeling really drained so I hope I don't give in to snacks later!!

Sunday 14th:
Breakfast:
Rice krispies (5 syns) with full fat milk (HEA) and a bowl of fresh fruit. Was in the b&b for breakfast - its the first time I've been away since starting SW that I've struggled to not give in and have the full fry up for breakfast (so hard when it's already paid for, and you're hungry, and everyone else is having one so there's a lovely smell!) but I managed it anyway.

Lunch:
Homemade leek and potato soup

Dinner:
Mashed potato with a laughing cow extra light cheese triangle (1 syn) mixed through (wouldn't have it like that again), 2 slices chicken, small bit of gravy (1 syn) and veg (carrots, turnips, broccoli and cauliflower); pepsi max.

Snacks:
2 alpen light bars (HEB)
Banana
Mint options (2 syns)
1/2 curly wurly (3 syns)

Will probably have a mint options later - think its going to be my new fave treat! :)

I'm going away again on Thursday morning and won't be back until the following Tuesday evening so I'm trying to come up with a food plan now. Has anyone tried the baseless quiche? Trying to figure out how long it would last out of the fridge if I brought some with me.

Last edited:
Really didn't think I'd manage to get through today without going over syns but luckily I did. Off to bed now before I get a chance to eat anything else! :D Feeling really blah though. I think it's cause I've been having chocolate and also from eating mugshots yesterday (I typically try to avoid wheat due to an intolerance). So I'm really hoping I feel better tomorrow!!

I'm going to attempt making mushy pea curry tomorrow for the first time. Was so disappointed when I made diet coke chicken as I really didn't enjoy it, so fingers crossed the curry will be as nice as I've heard! :)

sparkles37 said:
Really didn't think I'd manage to get through today without going over syns but luckily I did. Off to bed now before I get a chance to eat anything else! :D Feeling really blah though. I think it's cause I've been having chocolate and also from eating mugshots yesterday (I typically try to avoid wheat due to an intolerance). So I'm really hoping I feel better tomorrow!!

I'm going to attempt making mushy pea curry tomorrow for the first time. Was so disappointed when I made diet coke chicken as I really didn't enjoy it, so fingers crossed the curry will be as nice as I've heard! :)

Oooh let me know how the curry turns out, been meaning to try that one! Well done for staying within your syns, wish I could've said the same thing lol :-D ah well, got another 2 full days to be good before WI xxx

graciebabes said:
Oooh let me know how the curry turns out, been meaning to try that one! Well done for staying within your syns, wish I could've said the same thing lol :-D ah well, got another 2 full days to be good before WI xxx

Don't worry about it hun, you've been sooooo good all week and with tonnes of exercise! I'd say it's only a matter of time before I cave-this weekend has been a bit of a mental battle to stay on plan and first time since starting that I've found it hard.

Will definitely keep you posted on the curry!! :) Good luck staying on plan for the next 2 days x

Had a sneak peak at the scales today and it's saying 1/2lb off. I know a loss is better than a gain but will be so disappointed if I've lost 1/2lb (or STS) as I've stuck to the plan completely. I'm trying to see the positive (a loss is a loss and all that) but so far some of my small losses have been very disheartening, especially when I've seen stats of people with similar weights doing so much better. Fingers crossed the scales will be a bit kinder to me on Wednesday morning!

Monday 15th:

Breakfast:
2 oatibix (HEB), rice milk (HEA) and banana

Lunch:
Grilled rasher medallions, mushrooms & tomatoes, egg fried with frylight & beans

Dinner:
Mushy pea curry with chicken, mushrooms and rice. I probably could have done with adding more veg but I couldn't think of anything else I would like in a curry on than mushrooms. I did put loads of mushrooms in though!
Small slice carrot cake (5 syns) - yum!

Snacks:
2 mini meringues (2 syns)
Pepsi max
Baked walkers crisps, S&V (5 syns)
Mint options (2 syns)

Total: 14 syns

Still feeling crappy this morning and as I said I've had a small loss show on my sneak peak of the scales this morn, so I'm aiming to stick to low syns (and no chocolate) today and tomorrow!
Edit: So much for not having much syns/chocolate!!!

Last edited:
No more sneaky peaking! You're right a loss is a loss at the end of the day but I think you'll be pleasantly surprised on Wednesday.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you anyway and I don't see why it would be a STS if you've been completely on plan this week! xx

No more sneaky peaking! You're right a loss is a loss at the end of the day but I think you'll be pleasantly surprised on Wednesday.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you anyway and I don't see why it would be a STS if you've been completely on plan this week! xx

Thanks hun! :) I know, I shouldn't have peaked!! I'm just always afraid of getting on the scales - even though I've really stuck to plan since starting - cause I just know I'll be gutted if I haven't lost. My 3rd weak, I got a 1lb loss, but when I first looked at it, it said only 1/4 lb loss & I was sooooo disappointed. It's silly though, obviously if I keep eating healthy like this, the weight is going to come off. No more sneak peaks & I'll just have to hope for the best on Wednesday!!! :)

My First attempt at a mushy pea curry! :)

Attachments

• image-4249431142.jpg
    image-4249431142.jpg
    601.8 KB · Views: 33
Back