On a mission to be a slim bridesmaid..open to pointers! :)

Baby-belle said:
I started out at 11.7 and lost nearly two stone on sw two years ago then tried every diet under the sun a my losses stopped and basically I've been losing and gaining the same 5lbs for months so back! And I would like to get to 9 but I did feel quite good at 9.6 so I shall re assess then I'm just such a slow loser, and I find weekends so hard

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Ya, my target is 9st but it's been such a long time since I was at that weight that I'm not sure if that's still my ideal weight - I figured I'd see when I get to 9 1/2 if I feel I need to lose more. I can imagine that's frustrating but it's still brill that you've maintained your 2st loss - that's really good going! Hope you get down to your target this time! :) Getting there slowly is better than not getting there at all (I'll have to remind myself of this motto tomorrow morn when I'm more than likely going to be disappointed by another small loss!).

sparkles37 said:
Ya, my target is 9st but it's been such a long time since I was at that weight that I'm not sure if that's still my ideal weight - I figured I'd see when I get to 9 1/2 if I feel I need to lose more. I can imagine that's frustrating but it's still brill that you've maintained your 2st loss - that's really good going! Hope you get down to your target this time! :) Getting there slowly is better than not getting there at all (I'll have to remind myself of this motto tomorrow morn when I'm more than likely going to be disappointed by another small loss!).

Yes ive managed to maintain and determined to get there this time! We can do it

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Only 1/2lb gone this week! :( I know I said I was going to be positive and that a loss is a loss, but 1/2lb is just so disheartening after sticking to the plan 100%, even when I was away. Between that and the fact that I'm feeling like crap since starting SW and the fact that after 6 weeks of being really good there's still no visible difference, I'm debating turning back to WW. I prefer SW but I never had the same stomach issues when I did it and typically had better losses when I stuck to plan. So confused and feeling very blue this morn! :(

Sorry for being so depressing - hope everyone else has a great day!!x

Ok, so I've decided to try switching to WW for a while, to see if my losses are any different & see if my tummy gets any better. Going to give it a go for a couple of weeks and then if there's no difference, I'm going to go back onto SW as I think it's a nicer plan. Probably not much point coming on here when I'm going to be following a different plan? But I will be back onto it if I come back to SW.

Good luck everyone with your WIs! :)

sparkles37 said:
Ok, so I've decided to try switching to WW for a while, to see if my losses are any different & see if my tummy gets any better. Going to give it a go for a couple of weeks and then if there's no difference, I'm going to go back onto SW as I think it's a nicer plan. Probably not much point coming on here when I'm going to be following a different plan? But I will be back onto it if I come back to SW.

Well good luck with whatever you decide to do! I agree I prefer slimming world as it encourages healthier eating but you need to so what works for you fingers crossed ww does xxx

Good luck with Weight Watchers! Let us know how you get on :)

Thanks girls. I agree that SW has a bigger focus on healthy eating so I'm going to try & incorporate that into WW as much as possible. I'm still going to try & have 1/3 veg with every meal & don't think my dinners will be much different. I think WW will give me a bit more flexibility when I'm travelling as I was finding it quite hard to come up with SW-friendly ideas for those days when I was stuck in b&b's. It will be pretty easy for me to switch back to SW if I don't find much difference with WW, as I have an app on my ipad with all the WW points & another with all the SW syns. I'm definitely not giving up on my weight loss anyway - I'm getting this weight off no matter how long it takes, regardless of which plan gets me there! :)

Make sure you post a link of your new WW food diary! I'll follow you on there. xx

Make sure you post a link of your new WW food diary! I'll follow you on there. xx

Thanks Holly! :) I hadn't even thought about starting up a new one but I found this really helpful so I think I will. Will pop on over to the WW section & start one up!x

http://www.minimins.com/weight-watchers-food-diaries/296579-hoping-become-slim-bridesmaid.html

Here's the link to my new WW food diary if anyone is interested (I know it's probably not really of interest since the plan will be different). I'm going to give this a trial run for a few weeks & then I'll reassess after maybe 3 weeks or so and see which plan I feel fits best with my lifestyle & which one I'm physically feeling better following. A little experiment.... :)

Back