On day 3 and have already come to realise some things about my eating habits!

Souffle-la

Hi everyone,

So I'm on day three of CD and already it has made me realise a few things about myself and where I go wrong. I always thought I ate quite healthy meals, I don't gorge on chips and fatty foods really, but I like going out for dinner a lot!

If I am stressed out, I eat! I felt stressed yesterday and could have so easily just gone and had a full on meal!

If I am happy or celebrating something, I eat! If something is going well in my life, I use it as an excuse to go out for dinner, 'rewarding' myself with food as it were.

Also one thing I have definitely come to realise is that I eat when I am bored!!! I have had plenty of water today, and one sachet of porridge, and I can say that I am NOT hungry whatsoever, but I have been thinking about having my 200kcal meal or shake or soup just for the sake of it!? :sigh: I'm not going to have anything until I am actually hungry!!!

It's taken me to be on a diet like this to really work out my issues with food. I'm going to stick to this 100 % until I get the weight loss that I desire and can work out a sensible relationship with food.

Has anyone else had a similar 'awakening'? lol x

Souffle-la said:
Hi everyone,

So I'm on day three of CD and already it has made me realise a few things about myself and where I go wrong. I always thought I ate quite healthy meals, I don't gorge on chips and fatty foods really, but I like going out for dinner a lot!

If I am stressed out, I eat! I felt stressed yesterday and could have so easily just gone and had a full on meal!

If I am happy or celebrating something, I eat! If something is going well in my life, I use it as an excuse to go out for dinner, 'rewarding' myself with food as it were.

Also one thing I have definitely come to realise is that I eat when I am bored!!! I have had plenty of water today, and one sachet of porridge, and I can say that I am NOT hungry whatsoever, but I have been thinking about having my 200kcal meal or shake or soup just for the sake of it!? :sigh: I'm not going to have anything until I am actually hungry!!!

It's taken me to be on a diet like this to really work out my issues with food. I'm going to stick to this 100 % until I get the weight loss that I desire and can work out a sensible relationship with food.

Has anyone else had a similar 'awakening'? lol x

Yes I have I realised the same I ate out of boredom even when I wasn't hungry I ate and if I had a big meal I forced myself to eat the lot even if I didn't want it
I'm on week 9 and I can't wait to reach target and be able to eat better and have more control and maintain my weight

Yep I agree with you about finishing off massive meals even if you don't want it! Don't know why I did it really. Hopefully this is the first step in breaking this silly relationship with food.

Yes! Snap. I ate at any excuse! Healthily but too much & too often! I've learnt my problem area was any time I sat down & watched TV. I would graze on everything! Now I don't eat after 6pm at all. I read which stops me thinking about food. I clean, go walking, ironing , have bath, pamper myself - every night without fail. This takes up my evenings now instead of binge eating. During day, I'm busy anyway working etc.
Good luck with ur journey. This diet does give u plenty of time to assess previous bad habits. X

yes completely! i wrote a similar message earlier on my weigh in post! it's weird how my emotions are so connected to/affected by what i eat?! or is is the other way round?! i find myself getting annoyed/fed up that i cant eat what i fancy (which is clearly what got me to being overweight), and can really see how it is affecting my mood.

I really think cambridge is going to change my attitude to food, i'll always enjoy food and dont think i'll ever be one of those people that just eats to live, but i need to somehow disconnect my emotions and my food! good luck, we'll get there! x

Yes! Snap. I ate at any excuse! Healthily but too much & too often! I've learnt my problem area was any time I sat down & watched TV. I would graze on everything! Now I don't eat after 6pm at all. I read which stops me thinking about food. I clean, go walking, ironing , have bath, pamper myself - every night without fail. This takes up my evenings now instead of binge eating. During day, I'm busy anyway working etc.
Good luck with ur journey. This diet does give u plenty of time to assess previous bad habits. X

Thanks Kez! Yeah if something is on TV or any time where I'm not occupied with something I would just eat! If I was out and about I would buy a sandwich or some sushi too. I think what I'm going to do is save the money I would have spent on eating out and use it to pamper myself! Want to look good for when I've reached my target! X

yes completely! i wrote a similar message earlier on my weigh in post! it's weird how my emotions are so connected to/affected by what i eat?! or is is the other way round?! i find myself getting annoyed/fed up that i cant eat what i fancy (which is clearly what got me to being overweight), and can really see how it is affecting my mood.

I really think cambridge is going to change my attitude to food, i'll always enjoy food and dont think i'll ever be one of those people that just eats to live, but i need to somehow disconnect my emotions and my food! good luck, we'll get there! x

I totally agree, I still want to be able to enjoy food in the future, I'll always enjoy food! But for now I need to concentrate on disconnecting my emotions!

Yes & better to reward yourself with pampering & clothes rather than food! I've just been & had nails & toes done & eyebrows waxed. I feel like a WAG these days. Lol. X

CambridgeKez said:
Yes & better to reward yourself with pampering & clothes rather than food! I've just been & had nails & toes done & eyebrows waxed. I feel like a WAG these days. Lol. X

I agree there I used to reward myself with a food treat day worst idea ever. .

hehe, I've also been treating myself to some fashion magazines for some *thinspiration* lol!

Me too, when I reach mini targets like a stone down I'm going to treat myself....not with food like the old days but with new nails, make up, shoes...but not clothes, not until I'm at my goal weight...then I'll give paris hilton a run for her money in the shopping stakes lol

Thats a pretty good idea actually about the mini targets! Think I will do that too! x

I think it's the only way i'll get through...looking like a tramp as I have no clothes that will fit me for a while but hey ho...it's a samall price to pay :)

Back