On day 3

debscarlton

Hello everyone, started CD on 1/1/20, my 3rd day. I’m hanging in there. I haven’t been too hungry. Do miss eating actual food, and drinking wine. Has anyone else just started??

Hi!
I'm new to this and have been doing Cambridge for the last 5 or 6 weeks. I've lost just over a stone, but would be more if I didn't keep self sabotaging haha. When I'm not feeling emotional I find it all totally fine, I do get a bit hangry sometimes but water or tea usually tides me over :p haha.

Good luck on your journey!

Hi!
I'm new to this and have been doing Cambridge for the last 5 or 6 weeks. I've lost just over a stone, but would be more if I didn't keep self sabotaging haha. When I'm not feeling emotional I find it all totally fine, I do get a bit hangry sometimes but water or tea usually tides me over :p haha.

Good luck on your journey!

Hi. Try not to be too hard on yourself.

hiiii all,

I have just started the Cambridge diet, today is my first day and I have just had my porridge for breakfast i tried it yesterday evening for dinner but it was disgusting I think I didn’t make it properly like who messes up porridge, but this morning I’ve tried it again and it tastes quite nice the original one a bit sweet thought. So today is my day 1 I’m half excited half scared about the whole thing. Nice to join you all the CD forums seems really quiet so I’m glad there is someone out there doing it too

i’m getting on well i’m on step 1 and it’s been fine but what i’m annoyed about is that because of the coronavirus my weight loss clinic has shut down so i’ve only ordered 2 packs of food in advance and won’t be going in for weekly measurements/weigh in which is fine i can do them at home.
Another thing is that my weight loss hasn’t been dramatic drop either i started at 9.2 and i’ve only gone down to 8.13.8 but and that’s after 6 days i’m not expecting much to drop off tomorrow which is my official weigh in day but sometimes if i weigh myself in the morning i’m still 9.2 but then during the afternoon it’s 8.13 so i’m not even sure what’s going on and my water in take hasn’t been that great either but i’m going to stick with it because i enjoy not eating everything around me lol it’s really teaching me how to not give into food temptations

Reactions: Yiz
Drinking the water?! Go and have some now!

Ahhh that is annoying. This plague is rubbish :-( keep going with it, I remember before some people just took a lot longer to get to ketosis for some reason but more water will definitely definitely help!! And with coronavirus :)

Hang in there. Do measurements too cause sometimes they fall off loads when losses are smaller x

(I restart tomorrow)

yeah i need to work on this water drinking lol how do you guys do it? i’ve brought a sipping bottle but then i just feel like a child with the bottle in my mouth all day i tend to drink the most when i’m eating my meals to help them go down and dilute the great taste -_-

The only way I've ever remembered is to literally do that... Drink little bits all the time and never leave the bottle anywhere haha. ATM I'm sitting next to a pint glass all the time...cause quarantine... But otherwise id have to buy a bottle! Once you're in the habit you notice when you've not had enough. It makes a huge difference to losses though. Especially the first few weeks x

I drink a pint as soon as I get up, no thinking just do it! That starts me off!

yeah i need to work on this water drinking lol how do you guys do it? i’ve brought a sipping bottle but then i just feel like a child with the bottle in my mouth all day i tend to drink the most when i’m eating my meals to help them go down and dilute the great taste -_-
I have just had a 2.2litre bottle delivered (mamas fuel) - it’s not cheap but I’m drinking so much more now and it’s easier to see how doing in day. Good luck xx

I have just had a 2.2litre bottle delivered (mamas fuel) - it’s not cheap but I’m drinking so much more now and it’s easier to see how doing in day. Good luck xx
omg so i took your advice and ordered a 2l bottle and whilst i didn’t drink the whole think i left a bit but it really motivated and showed me that i could drink it. so much easier when you have one bottle instead of refilling and losing track so thank you so much for telling me about this i would have never even known you could get 2 litre smaller bottles 😬😬 X

omg so i took your advice and ordered a 2l bottle and whilst i didn’t drink the whole think i left a bit but it really motivated and showed me that i could drink it. so much easier when you have one bottle instead of refilling and losing track so thank you so much for telling me about this i would have never even known you could get 2 litre smaller bottles 😬😬 X
Ahhh brill. Love my mamasfuel bottle - doing SO much better with water and feel better for it. Also doubles up as a hand weight 🤣🤣 . Have a good weekend on plan- I’m so pleased it not BBQ weather today.

Hello everyone,

Mind if I join in? Havent been on this website for ages!!!

I did Cambridge back in 2014 and lost weigh rapid and felt amazing. Until 2 years later I got very sick and nearly died. I gained all the weight and more due to medications and being in a hospital bed for 6 months.

Now due to my illness, my fertility is in bits. And I am single. So I have decided to have IUI treatment to have a baby with a donor.

But I need to lose a lot of weight before this treatment can start (and of course, all clinics are shut at the moment due to the virus). So I want to use all my time in lockdown working from home to crack on a do this diet so I can emerge a butterfly!!

Has anyone lost weight to conceive? Ive forgotten what its like to do a VLCD.

Hello everyone,

Mind if I join in? Havent been on this website for ages!!!

I did Cambridge back in 2014 and lost weigh rapid and felt amazing. Until 2 years later I got very sick and nearly died. I gained all the weight and more due to medications and being in a hospital bed for 6 months.

Now due to my illness, my fertility is in bits. And I am single. So I have decided to have IUI treatment to have a baby with a donor.

But I need to lose a lot of weight before this treatment can start (and of course, all clinics are shut at the moment due to the virus). So I want to use all my time in lockdown working from home to crack on a do this diet so I can emerge a butterfly!!

Has anyone lost weight to conceive? Ive forgotten what its like to do a VLCD.
I haven’t, but wanted to say say hi and welcome! And to wish you the best of luck. Have you started yet? How are you getting on?

Hi everyone, I have started CD and on day 3 feeling really tired. I just have to stick to this.
Hello everyone, started CD on 1/1/20, my 3rd day. I’m hanging in there. I haven’t been too hungry. Do miss eating actual food, and drinking wine. Has anyone else just started??
I am on day 3 and 100% missing food and wine... How is your journey going?

Just wanted to say, hang in there. I felt atrocious on day 4 and 5, nearly quit. I’m now just coming to end of first month. My plan is to be sole source (plus an egg a day!) for 3 months to lose 3-3.5 stone so I see it as I’m a third of way there time-wise. I found thinking of time rather than weight has helped! I’m 1st 8lbs down in just under 4 weeks.

However tough it is and today may be even tougher, when you’re through around day 5, physically it gets easier. Then you just have to contend with established bad habits (wanting to eat when bored is one of my favourites, wanting to treat myself when toddler asleep is another) and boredom.

For me, I found having an egg every day has helped with milkshake fatigue. I found when on bars my weight loss slowed but different for everyone. Good luck with next few days, stick to it - it’s so worth it.

Oh yes, and drink lots. I got a water bottle which fits all my day’s water in and it’s been a godsend (by mamas fuel)

Thank you so much still a bit tired but getting there. Interesting about the bars. I find the bars keep me full and I pick at one all day long but will try a week without it and see if I get better results.

Back