On day 4- made it through the weekend!

IrishMum

A little of everything!
Well, I made it through 2 days sitting at home, cooking for my family, watching them eat chinese and drinking!!
I've been keeping a diary noting what I eat, how I have the shakes and any symptoms I'm having.
Day 1- not hungry at all, don't like the shakes at all, but determined.
Day 2- Hungry in the evening, trying different methods of having the shakes, still don't like them, but persevering!
Day 3- Hungry, sore head (not too bad though), furry mouth with a metallic taste?
Averaging 7-8 pints of water and 6 big mugs of tea each day. I've discovered the strawberry/vanilla are much nicer with crushed ice, thank GOD! Still not fussed on the Chocolate, and have the soup to try today? Prefer the peanut to the coconut flapjack, but they're both a bit yeurghh!:p
I've been doing ketostix every morning (out of curiousity more than anything!) and my results have been: Day 1- Negative, Day 2- +/- traces 0.05, Day 3- ++0.4 (though this faded over the day?), Day 4- ++0.4 (hasn't faded too much yet?)- does this mean I'm in ketosis yet, or nearly?
I'm a bit 'achy' today, and had a horrendous sore throat yesterday, but I don't know if thats the aftermath of a very bad cold I had last week or is to do with LT?
I had a sneaky weigh-in this morning (I'm not passing too much remarks as it's not my 'official' weigh-in and it might be more/less) and have lost 7lbs since Friday! As I said, I'm not getting too excited yet as it could go up or down, but its keeping me focused! LOL!

Well done on getting over your first few days, sounds like you have it cracked now. Give it another week and you will probably enjoy the shakes more as your taste buds will change dramatically. I love the shakes now, but on the first few days I thought I would puke them right back.

Excellent loss showing so far and your ketostix will vary during the day as lipotrim emailed me and said its diluted with your water intake, but it looks like you are definitely in ketosis now.

Well done on getting through the weekend, always the hardest bit, ive got used to my family eating around me now and I dont even think about it but the first week it drove me crazy lol :)

I love the shakes now, but on the first few days I thought I would puke them right back.
OMG- I felt like that on Saturday evening- thank God I'm not the only one !LOL!

Excellent loss showing so far and your ketostix will vary during the day as lipotrim emailed me and said its diluted with your water intake, but it looks like you are definitely in ketosis now.
I test first thing in the morning, and note the results then, but they fade during the day (as they dry out I guess?) I don't feel any different, but the 'furry' mouth isn't pleasant! LOL!

Well done on getting through the weekend, always the hardest bit, ive got used to my family eating around me now and I dont even think about it but the first week it drove me crazy lol :)
And of course I pick Mothers Day weekend to start! LOL! Never mind- theres always some 'occasion' or reason to have a takeaway/meal out- it'll do me no harm to resist it for a while!

Irish mum, I split my choc and vanilla shakes, I use 1 heaped teaspoon of Vanilla, 1 of Chocolate a teaspoon of coffee, 2 sweetners in a mug and add hot water. I get at least 4 hot drinks throughout the day which is nice coz always feel the cold in ketosis

whoo well done irish mum :D
7lbs so far - great! bet you cant wait for your weigh in!

Well done you though for picking this weekend, whether you chose it consciously or not it still proved to be a tough weekend for some as some go for meals etc - but you have done great :D

There will be plenty more mothers days to come once you are slim and gorgeous :D

Keep up the good work chick xx

Thanks everyone! The sneaky weigh-in has me smiling all morning- even if I don't lose any more, or haven't actually lost that much- it's keeping me focused! LOL!
I don't like coffee which is one of my problems, but I've been using the vanilla as a 'creamer' in my big mugs of tea? I use 1/2 packet throughout the day, and have 1/2 with crushed ice. I just have the soup left to taste, then I can work put what packs I'll get next week?
I'm not using anywhere near the 250ml water in the shakes as I find them far too watery if I do, but I'm making up for it with my water intake and the crushed ice?

Well done, Irish Mum. You are SO right in saying there is never a "right" time to start LT.....there are always occasions looming up all over the place, you should be very proud of yourself!

Thanks. You've lost a stone in 2wks- thats amazing!!
I chose to start now knowing I have a family wedding in a few weeks, and have chosen to re-feed for a week before hand to give me the day 'off' but I'm planning on going straight back on LT the next day. Another thing is, I have an aunt that is terminally ill (she has days left, if that) so I'll have to get through the wake/funeral soon (morbid I know, but its something I am a bit 'fore-warned' about so it might make it a bit easier? Not that death is ever 'easy', but you know what I mean?
Anyway, enough sad talk- I hope to have people notice any losses by the wedding in a few weeks, then I've another family wedding at the end of June that I hope to be at target for, so I can really knock evereyones socks off!!

Back