On the verge of tears this morning

to lose long trek

I have stuck to this diet since 7th Jan, and never cheated throughout because I want this so badly. I started on 4 packs a day and remain on that. The first two weeks saw a drop of 14lbs and thereafter it has been slow and steady. I do little or no exercise as I have difficulty with movement thus far. I do not understand how I can ACTUALLY increase weight when following the plan. I weighed 15stone 2lbs yesterday and the day before and really expected a change for the lighter this morning because I drank more water yesterday and managed some exercise too. This morning I weigh 15stone 5.8lbs. verified on two sets of scales!!! I am absolutely GUTTED. I can hardly bring myself to write this and just want someone to help me understand what the hell is going on. I am post menopausal so it is NOT TOTM. I had one can of Coke Zero last night but normally rely only on water.

Now stop fretting because you are sticking to the plan so you WILL be losing fat there is NO WAY that you wont.
It will be fluid retention, dont cut down on water keep flushing through.

And PLEASE stop scale hopping, you can see how effect your mood. If you must weigh at home try and do it every 2/3 days and not everyday.
Our bodies work in strange ways, different for everyone. But Please hang in there and you will see the weight drop.

Try measureing yourself too because you will deffinaetly be lossing inches.

{{{hugs}}} stay strong and you will see results.

you should not rely on what the scales say on a day to day basis as your body fluctuates. if you have driunk lots of water it could be some is still in you. or it could just be a fluke. this is why it is recommended you only weigh once a week and dailyweighs can be inaccurate and cause demotivations such as what you are now experiencing

Weight loss and fat loss are two different things...........you can be losing fat and it may not show on scales - clothes and inches are a better way to measure and only one weekly weigh in at the same time each week.

You WILL lose fat when you are on only 500cals per day - you can't possibly not do.

Do try and not get fixated with numbers as it is one small part of your chosen Programme. Scale hopping is very unhelpful - ask someone to hide them from you - go on..........dare you !!!

I have stuck to this diet since 7th Jan, and never cheated throughout because I want this so badly. I started on 4 packs a day and remain on that. The first two weeks saw a drop of 14lbs and thereafter it has been slow and steady. I do little or no exercise as I have difficulty with movement thus far. I do not understand how I can ACTUALLY increase weight when following the plan. I weighed 15stone 2lbs yesterday and the day before and really expected a change for the lighter this morning because I drank more water yesterday and managed some exercise too. This morning I weigh 15stone 5.8lbs. verified on two sets of scales!!! I am absolutely GUTTED. I can hardly bring myself to write this and just want someone to help me understand what the hell is going on. I am post menopausal so it is NOT TOTM. I had one can of Coke Zero last night but normally rely only on water.

Hi Di :)

I have to agree with everyone here and say...PLEASE stop scale hopping. It can be so destructive to your mood when you KNOW you are following your plan. A lot of us forget that the scales are only one thing that we use as a measure of our achievements..not the be all and end all.

Just think about this....if you only weighed yourself once a week you would never know about all these fluctuations inbetween would you?:)

Come on hun...don't let your mindset get the better of you today. Remind yourself of what you HAVE achieved so far and just take today....for today.

Lacey..xx :D

I have had an outburst of tears and my mood is pretty low but I have taken on board your helpful comments. For several days now my DH (completely supportive) has been advocating that weighing myself every day is a good thing and can only reinforce my determination; he was a tad upset when I suggested that it might not be however. I wouldnt have weighed myself this morning except I was convinced I would see a drop today and with my sister arriving today wanted to share with her an update of my success.
Together we have resolved to lose the daily weigh in and being determined to not let my previous efforts (and efforts it has been) go to waste, I am not going to pig out. The week ahead will be challenging because my sister and her friend are out with us for a holiday and plenty of food and red wine will flow. If I gave in today (on their arrival) it would crush the rest of the week too and I am not prepared to do that to myself. I am off to have a shower and wash this rather red face, hopefully it will restore my otherwise happy mood.

hugs to you xx

Ah bless ya. Well done for having the determination to carry on. You would only regret it if you did cave in. Like evweryone else has said you must be losing fat & you will see the results on the scales.

Good luck chick, stay strong and enjoy your time with your sister.

Hi, Please don`t be disheartened. Keep going you have done so well. The only weigh in that counts is you CDC one. So wait and see what the result is.Keep up the good work hope to see how you get on. :D

(((((Hugs))))). Hope you are feeling a bit better now. Don't give in, I did last night and really regret it this morning.

There is a great post about here somewhere which explains about fat cells hanging on to water because they are losing fat. I'll post a link if I can find it again.

Thanks everyone, even my mum said it will be overnight water retention - just hope you are all right. Thanks Sharon I would appreciate seeing the link you mention - a little understanding goes a long way. :confused::confused:

aww bless you hun its soul destroying when you think youve gained weight.
last week i got weighed by cdc and had stayed the same so next morning i checked my weight and had gained 4lb over night. i stuck with the plan and today at my cdc im 6lb down on my last weigh in with her making it a 10 lb loss with that water weight too

basically were designed to hang onto fat incase theirs a famine so your body replaces the fat with water to keep the cells the same. once your body realises your still eating albeit less than before it will relax and that water will go. keep up with the water to help flush everything through

hi - please do stop weighing yourself every day - it's better to stick to your CD weigh in times otherwise you will be obsessing over the scales. You've done so well thus far so keep on track, say NO if your sis offers you food and wine because you know that, in the long run, food won't cheer you up. Food is fuel, not a fix for emotions.

I wish I could listen to my own advice sometimes :wave_cry:

Chin up and come on here for support when you need it - it's invaluable and you realise you're not on your own, whatever you're going through x

Hi - I completely understand the desire to keep hopping on the scales and hoping for a loss. Mine was almost adictive at the beginning of my diet. Several times a day I would be jumping on!! :eek: But, I got some seriously weird results - my weight seemed to be able to juump around by up to half a stone during the course of a single day! I felt really fed up and miserable at the time (especially as I was still so new to the diet and my cravings for real food were still very strong - it almost felt like what's the point?!) In the end my boyfriend hid the scales (without telling me!) so that I only had my weekly weigh in to focus on and it worked much better. He has allowed the scales in the house (I found them in the shed!) again now and I jump on occasionally but am happy with my Tuesday weigh ins now.

I found writing a list of all the things I wanted to achieve and then a few weeks later looking at the list again and also writing another list of what I had achieved so far really helped me appreciate how different my life is in just over a month - I feel so much healthier, my clothes are loose and people have started to notice and I have so much more get up and go. It also consolidated my belief that I can achieve everything I want on my list. The road may be bumpy and it sure going to rely on a decent amount of will power but if it is what I really want it is out there for the taking.

Hi honey........wowsers...you must be psychic posting this thread as I have been having the exact same problem this week.........my children have now hid the scales from me and I am so determined not to get myself all upset and tearful over some bloody numbers on the scales!

I have been constipated all week and even knowing this still bloody weighed myself about 4 or 5 times a day!

I got myself into such a state seeing an increase of nearly half a stone that I seriously considered jacking it all in....how daft am I!? Luckily for me my mum gave me a huge talking to last night, made me giggle about my lack of toilet action and put my 'head' back on properley.......

As long as we are sticking to the plan and glugging down water we cannot fail to lose weight honey.......as everyone else has said and has been said to me to.....lets just weigh ourselves once a week and not get too obsessed about daily fluctuations in our ever changing bodies!

You have a lovely day honey, and enjoy the rest of your weekend....don't let those bloody scales get you down! :)

Hiya, I'm another serial weigher ... at least once a day, but often more. I know it's stupid, I know I will weigh more as the day goes on, but I can't stop myself.

This week I have walked miles and miles and it has made no difference whatsoever to my weight! I thought I would drop a stone, but no such luck!

You've had lots of good advice from everyone and I think I should take some of it too.

Keep smiling and enjoy your sister's visit.

Back