On week 9 and struggling

lostpolarbear

So me and hubby are both on SS. We were 100% until week 6 and then went on SS+ for 5 days the back to SS. We've done well, hubby has lost 3 stone in 8 weeks!!! BUT last weekend I ate out twice, stuck to meat and veg on sat but had a dessert in Mother's Day meal ( it was a set menu and didn't want to pay for it and not eat it lol). I had weigh in day after and stayed the same weight. But now I'm behind on my target, I'm on my TOTM, went back in SS on Monday and I'm starving. Keep thinking about food, I'm bored of this diet and I miss simple things like eating with the kids and hubby at the table, or me and hubby having a meal in candle light etc. I think that because now I'm back to size 12-14 and feel ok with my weight even though in my heart I want to get to my goal weight of 9 st which is bang in the middle normal BMI for me...I'm struggling with this last part if the diet and know its going to take another good 8 weeks to get to my goal :/

Do you have any before pictures ?? I say this as I stopped last time when I felt bored and thought I was in an ok weight but not at my goal and I ended up back to where I started without even realising. Just think although you miss those things it's not forever another 8 weeks and you will be completely there :) good luck!!

Thank you. I do have before pics I've just been looking at them actually! I sometimes don't realise how unhealthy I looked until I look back at those pics :/

I'm going to keep going but it's my sons 3rd birthday in a couple of weeks and were having a buffet. I'm going to have some but were getting him Costco birthday cake and they are utterly amazing!!! I don't think I have the will power to not have some in fact I know I have no will power and I know I will be having some. However I WILL get on it again the day after as I have each time I've eaten so far but I wish I could just get on with it 100% for a good 8 weeks but I think knowing I have these obstacles in my way it's making it harder :(

Why don't you tell yourself you won't :) already straight away your saying you will have some cake. Why don't you start saying no I won't and when the cake comes think hard about how you will feel after eating the cake you will probably be angry an upset as you will have to get back into ketosis. The cake will exist when you finish maybe treat yourself to something none food wise if you manage to not eat the cake that's what I do. I've had evenings where I think I just want to eat then I say ok if I don't tomorrow you can order those shoes you wanted or buy that new nail varnish it doesn't need to be expensive just treat yourself for going without the cake. Stay positive :)

Why don't you tell yourself you won't :) already straight away your saying you will have some cake. Why don't you start saying no I won't and when the cake comes think hard about how you will feel after eating the cake you will probably be angry an upset as you will have to get back into ketosis. The cake will exist when you finish maybe treat yourself to something none food wise if you manage to not eat the cake that's what I do. I've had evenings where I think I just want to eat then I say ok if I don't tomorrow you can order those shoes you wanted or buy that new nail varnish it doesn't need to be expensive just treat yourself for going without the cake. Stay positive :)

Thank you for your advice I shall review it on the day but plan not to eat it. Going to have some chicken and salad at the buffet so no carbs there. I've gone a week now back on SS 100% and weigh in tomorrow morning. Fingers crossed.

Good luck you can do it look how far you've come already :) it won't be forever but the results will be

Thank you! Well I've lost 4.5lbs! Much happier this week! I'm normal BMI now (finally) just another 1st 8lbs to go until middle BmI. This weigh in has really helped me to feel more positive about this diet, I've not had a decent loss for a while so this is brilliant :)

Back