One cheat meal a week?

I dont see the point in it. Why cheat when your trying to loose. I know I'm not gonna have the 3st I want off this year by having cheat meals. But I am gonna flexi syn for special occasions like my lil cousins 21st in 2 weeks or my friends hen in a month. I'm gonna enjoy them but not gonna stress myself out over syns. I want to have two stone off for the summer and I know my body I won't get there with cheat meals each week. I do go out for meals but I try to make the decisions.

Some SW'ers I follow on Instagram have set cheat days however they only started those when they got their target weight or close to target? I suppose it'd be a good incentive to lose the weight. I couldn't do it whilst needing to lose weight, personally, as it'd throw me off and I'd end up packing it all in and going back to my terrible junk habits :character00254:

i have a cheat meal once a week, i find it helps me stay on track and get me more motivated as i know i need to work extra hard to burn it off, also i find it helps me stay to plan as if i deny myself food im only going to binge eat it and forget about the diet. also i read that cheat meals helps to speed up metabolism as your body knows its junk and needs to work extra hard to get rid of it xxxx

I always have cheat Friday, where me and my partner will pick something that we would have from a take away and I would make it fit in with my syns and hex's.. so in a way not a cheat but it still is :)

Tonight I am making pizza with garlic bread and chicken wings with a desert :D
Pizza - base made with 50g flour and 50g 0% greek yog topped with hexa cheese and lots of free toppings = 8 syns
Garlic Bread = Hexb with Garlic paste 1 syn
Chicken wings, skin removed = free :D
desert is trifle made with sugar free jelly, small 55g of light custard and some light squirty cream = 5 syns

That's my kind of cheat meal :D

Love this idea!!

I think cheat nights weekly, fortnightly or monthly effects weightloss differently in people, for some it may not make much difference, for others it not make any difference (no weightloss).

I think cheat nights weekly, fortnightly or monthly effects weightloss differently in people, for some it may not make much difference, for others it not make any difference (no weightloss).

I agree with the above statement. What works for some, doesn't work for others and quite simply the answer to this really is trial and error. I think the best approach as someone has already said is allowing weekly syns rather than daily, thereby allowing yourself to 'bank' some for a treat day. I wouldn't recommend not having any syns at all on your on plan days, just keep it to a minimum of say, five. This will allow you to accrue quite a bit for a treat day. SW do not endorse this and suggest you flexisyn, but to be honest I think giving it a go for one week would not hurt to see what the outcome is. I think you just need to bear in mind it is for a treat and not a total hogfest followed by gallons of booze :drunk: (drinking makes me raid the cupboards!!!). :)

I have a cheat meal and still lose. It all depends on the type of person you are and how you gain weight anyway. I've only had 3 gains in 6 months (2lbs, 1\2lb and then 2lbs) but i've always lost other than that.

Never done it in my previous sw attempts. But this time i am. I don't go mental i still choose a best option off the menu (not fast food) but i have one meal off a week.

Last week was roast pork and all the trimmings (2 roasties a splash or gravy but also CRACKLING) followed by a brownie! At my favourite pub :)

i feel more in control this time round, my meal off just lets me feel relaxed and normal in regards to my weekly menu. Less restricted, less like I'm missing out.

Back