One SW day at a time

Monday - No lottery win. Didn't do the lottery this week so that'll be why...

Also was off plan really. So SIGH to that as well. Going to have a fishy week I think. I need a good loss to cheer myself up.

Yesterday - Green Day

Breakfast - Baked beans on rye bread (B - ok, I know it's not on the list but PAH to that!)

breakfast.jpg

Lunch - Watercress "pesto" (A for parmesan, B for oil) pasta. Did not like too much so only ate half. Then had to brush my teeth for about half hour to get rid of all the Shrek mouth.

lunch.jpg

Tea at my cousin's house - Tuna sandwich 1/4, ham and coleslaw 1/4. mini pork pie. breadstick. 2 - that's right TWO mini scones with jam and clotted cream! That was totally my cousin's fault. :eek: :D. Glass of white wine.

Vodka and diet cokes at the party. Didn't count but I'm not feeling poorly this morning so I must have not been too bad.

On the agenda for today - Stupid work, little bit of food planning, home, tea, bed.

Last edited:
Sounded like the party from hell!!!...

We encountered something similar a few Christmases ago.
My friend invited us over Christmas night for eats and drinks and to stay over.
We actually turned my sisters kind offer down to go there thinking it would be more of a laugh, loads people, music, drinks, the kids could relax instead of being glorified childminders for everyone else's kids etc...anyway..
It was a nightmare!!!. My friend and her husband had, had a massive domestic about 2 hours before we arrived which had then turned into a slanging match between kids and their respective step kids and other relatives. They both where paralytic all the guests had left (including their kids) she was p!seed and a crying mess in the kitchen plotting revenge and calling him all the names going and he was talking about divorce in the lounge swigging booze and getting louder and louder.
We tried to leave a few times claiming we'd called a taxi - but it was clear there was going to be bloodshed between them both if we did. I've never been so relieved to get gone the next day...we also had 'a feeling' a few days before and didn't want to go either lol :D xxx

Lisa :) xxx

Last edited:
Sounded like the party from hell!!!...

We encountered something similar a few Christmases ago.
My friend invited us over Christmas night for eats and drinks and to stay over.
We actually turned my sisters kind offer down to go there thinking it would be more of a laugh, loads people, music, drinks, the kids could relax instead of being glorified childminders for everyone else's kids etc...anyway..
It was a nightmare!!!. My friend and her husband had, had a massive domestic about 2 hours before we arrived which had then turned into a slanging match between kids and their respective step kids and other relatives. They both where paralytic all the guests had left (including their kids) she was p!seed and a crying mess in the kitchen plotting revenge and calling him all the names going and he was talking about divorce in the lounge swigging booze and getting louder and louder.
We tried to leave a few times claiming we'd called a taxi - but it was clear there was going to be bloodshed between them both if we did. I've never been so relieved to get gone the next day...we also had 'a feeling' a few days before and didn't want to go either lol :D xxx

Lisa :) xxx

Gawd! Yeah, it's the booze it is - it just makes some people go crazy - especially if there are under lying issues!

Tuesday - :sick:

I'm not well. I've dragged myself into work today after a night on the night-nurse (By the way - is that stuff actually methadone?) but I've already started with the hot flushes and terrible sore throat.

Felt poorly yesterday and when I got home I just couldn't face cooking so I just had a ham and mustard sandwich and a couple of alpen light bars. I basically ended up having 3 x B's yesterday but I don't care I'm not well. *wail*

Tuesday - :sick:

I'm not well. I've dragged myself into work today after a night on the night-nurse (By the way - is that stuff actually methadone?) but I've already started with the hot flushes and terrible sore throat.

Felt poorly yesterday and when I got home I just couldn't face cooking so I just had a ham and mustard sandwich and a couple of alpen light bars. I basically ended up having 3 x B's yesterday but I don't care I'm not well. *wail*

Oh noooooo! I hope it wasn't my bug from a while back, lying in wait and pouncing on you from afar!

Lots of water, plenty of parcetamol and frankly as many HEXBs as you need to get you through the day. Hope you start feeling more human soon x

Hey

Sorry to hear your feeling poorly hun, let me know if you need Vic's rubbed on your back and I will shoot over the bridge and be there like a shot!

That story about that little boy was so sad, it really tore at my heart. So many children in this world get neglected - thank god for people like your cousin. It's so nice to hear he is safe, healthy and happy.

I hate that feeling when you walk into a party with a dodgy atmosphere (the lesser known song by Russ Abbot!!) - especially Lee being the way he was with his ex. I would feel uncomfortable about it too.... How long have you been together?

Chin up love mentally and physically (it helps stop your nose from running) and have lots of warming soup. Tomato soup with cheese on toast to dip in is a favourite of mine!!!

Xxx

Wednesday - Bonnie Tyler Day.

Today is Bonnie Tyler day because that's whose voice I appear to have woken up with. :rolleyes:. Sore throat less painful but it looks like the bug has packed up and is heading south to the chest region...I hear it's lovely there at this time of year! So I've made a dr appointment just to be checked over before Easter. I have to be careful with my chest because of my asthma.

Off plan again yesterday and when I say off plan, I really mean OFF PLAN. I'm clambering back up onto the wagon this morning and aiming for a 100% day. I do feel better so there's no excuse for not being on plan.

My condolences on the anniversary...these things don't get better, just further away. :hug99:

Holidays are bad, bad, BAD for tempting us off plan. Birthdays whilst on holiday, doubly so! Sounds like you have planned it - flexi syn it and enjoy it :bday:

I am going to stay in all weekend (apart from Sunday, have promised Mum I will go and stay over) - that way there's less temptation and I might get some housework done (and some books read...maybe less housework and more books!).

Oh Sally HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!! :birthday: You share your birthday with my Sister! And Hitler too!

Have a wonderful day and like you diary name suggests, One Day At A Time!

Have a lovely time xxxxx

Hey Sally, how are you feeling? You really should take your antibiotics, you don't want this getting worse! Hope you are feeling back on form though, xx.

That's story about your cousins and her boy is heart wrenching. It must have been so touching for him to react that way with you, although I can't blame him! Sounds like he's now hit the jackpot with your family, and deservedly so.

Did you ever speak to Lee about how that night made you feel? Hope things are all sorted now.

Wishing you the happiest of all birthdays!

Oh Sally HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!! :birthday: You share your birthday with my Sister! And Hitler too!

Have a wonderful day and like you diary name suggests, One Day At A Time!

Have a lovely time xxxxx

Ha! That made me lol!

Wednesday.

I have been very bad. Today is my first day back on plan and I am going to have a good old scan bran/soup week...except for tomorrow when my family are up from Wales for a visit and we're out for steaks. FGS!

I have a proper target to shoot for now, I want to buy a fabu-LOUS dress for one of my bestest friend's wedding which is on the 7th June. I want to get another half a stone off AT LEAST and really, I would like a stone off...6 weeks. It's do-able but I'm going to have to work my bottom off. Bearing in mind I've shoved two pounds back on in the last couple of weeks. :cry:.

ONWARDS AND DOWNWARDS says I.

You can do it!! You've had some amazing losses recently when you've been focussed....and aiming for a new dress is a great focus ;) xx

Sent from my Nexus 7 using MiniMins.com mobile app

I have a proper target to shoot for now, I want to buy a fabu-LOUS dress for one of my bestest friend's wedding

I've shoved two pounds back on in the last couple of weeks

Yay to having a target to go for!!

And... 2lbs in a couple of weeks? Pah! Nada. You can have that off in a jiffy.

(I went on holiday last year, gained 9lbs in a week... 6 months on I'm 2 stone heavier so.... in comparison teeny tiny!)

You have a date set so kick yourself up the jacksy if you want to hit it, you know you can :) xx

You can do it!! You've had some amazing losses recently when you've been focussed....and aiming for a new dress is a great focus ;) xx

Sent from my Nexus 7 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Thank you pet - just got to focus, focus, FOCUS!

Yay to having a target to go for!!

And... 2lbs in a couple of weeks? Pah! Nada. You can have that off in a jiffy.

(I went on holiday last year, gained 9lbs in a week... 6 months on I'm 2 stone heavier so.... in comparison teeny tiny!)

You have a date set so kick yourself up the jacksy if you want to hit it, you know you can :) xx

I am so glad you're visiting my diary Minks - when I first joined minimins I read all of your diary over the course of a few days and you really, REALLY inspired me - and continue to do so. I think I need to get an idea of what I want to wear and print some pictures out and stick them everywhere!

Back