One SW day at a time

We can also be hired as personal body guards at a relatively reasonable rate.... Hehe.

In all seriousness, we are here for you chick! And sometimes "typing-boards" are just what you need. Glad to see you back.
LOL, yeah, we are VERY reasonably rated! :D

Sunday

No need for bodyguards but I appreciate the offer!! Haha!

Last day of my Christmas break. I'm ready to go back to work tomorrow so that's good! Need to get out of the house - I've been such a hermit. I need to do a good stocktake of the freezer and tin cupboards and get some food planning done.

Yesterday - Extra Easy Breakfast - Special K with banana (A + B), coffee.

Lunch - Courgette and spinach omelette, sweet potato fries (2 for oil), salad

View attachment 162037

Dinner - Stir fried veggies with salmon and rice noodles (2 for oil)

image-1715495055.jpg

Snacks - 1 potato made into crisps. Total syns - 4 Day 2 of 100%. Yay!

Back to 'normality' and new start & all , takes a while but we'll get there !
Food is looking good again!
i'm going to try and get a bit creative this year lol, or perhaps a bit more variety here & there, stop any 'boredom' setting in :D

Monday - Back To Work. :)

That's right - I did a smiley face there. Actually glad to be getting back into some sort of routine that doesn't include shovelling chocolate into my mouth and downing bottles of wine! Also glad to be out of the house and to have something to take my mind off everything. It's been a pretty crappy Christmas to be honest and I'm glad it's over.

Took some serious measures last night to combat my dreadful insomnia, I received some Neals Yard smellies for Christmas which are called "Sleep", so I had a soak in the bath milk, rubbed the body lotion in and slathered on the face cream. Then I took a dose of Nightnurse :)eek: Drug abuse!), drank a cup of chamomile tea and got into my bed which was nice and warm from my electric blanket. I slept like a baby - HA HA!

Food yesterday was a bit weird, I just grazed all day as I was a bit in my own head and couldn't pull myself together enough to cook a proper meal. I did manage to whizz up some soup though.

Yesterday - Extra Easy

Breakfast - Baked beans on toast (B + 2.5 syns), Coffee (Half A)

Lunch - Leftover salmon stir fry

Small bowl of curried sweet potato soup (0.5)

Roast potatoes (6 for oil), Half A for cheese

Rice with tuna and sweetcorn

Couple of chocolates - 4

Nightnurse - 2

Total syns - 15

Told you it was weird.

On The Agenda - Work, lots of catching up to do. Little bit of food planning and a little bit of food shopping at lunch time. Home, tea, bed.

Last edited:
I'm almost glad to be back in a routine as well! Also something to keep me busy and stop my mind from doing its usual trick!

Soup looks lush; I never manage to get mine that smooth with my hand blender? Perhaps it's the type of soup I'm making. This week, it looks like I've blended Kermit the Frog! Spinach, mushrooms and white beans makes for a very, very green soup!

Hope your day at work isn't too intense. Sorry to hear about the man situation, hopefully he can start to move on soon and leave you in peace. But yay for being back in a routine and back on plan.

Hope your ex gets the message properly soon! Always a pain when the ex's can't let go for one reason or another!
That sounded like the perfect remedy for a good nights sleep - glad it worked !
Must say I'm pretty glad to be back at work too, certainly takes your mind off food and other things!
Weird combo or not it was on plan! :D

I'm almost glad to be back in a routine as well! Also something to keep me busy and stop my mind from doing its usual trick!

Soup looks lush; I never manage to get mine that smooth with my hand blender? Perhaps it's the type of soup I'm making. This week, it looks like I've blended Kermit the Frog! Spinach, mushrooms and white beans makes for a very, very green soup!

I use a free standing blender, but I think it really does depend on what you're using. Sweet potato is velvety and smooth anyway so that's probably why. Kermit soup sounds interesting - was it tasty?

Hope your day at work isn't too intense. Sorry to hear about the man situation, hopefully he can start to move on soon and leave you in peace. But yay for being back in a routine and back on plan.

Thank you - getting back to my SW spreadsheet was a relief yesterday! Haha

Hope your ex gets the message properly soon! Always a pain when the ex's can't let go for one reason or another!
That sounded like the perfect remedy for a good nights sleep - glad it worked !
Must say I'm pretty glad to be back at work too, certainly takes your mind off food and other things!
Weird combo or not it was on plan! :D

Did you have a long break as well? I was off from Christmas Eve until Yesterday - it felt like forever!

Tuesday

Bah! Not such a good nights sleep last night so I'm feeling a little jaded this morning. Although some of that can be blamed on staying up until midnight finishing Broadchurch, series 1. Boxsets are like crack to me - "Oh, just one more episode" and then I'm bleary eyed the next day. Still, at least I can watch Series 2 in "real time".

Work was good yesterday, got a lot achieved, had a good laugh about our Christmas do (which was horrifically messy), and got my meal planning more or less done for the rest of the week.

The boys went mad and re-arranged their bedroom last night...they've had two weeks off college/school and they choose 7pm last night to completely move all the furniture around. What's that all about? And now they're all...

87a514358aa019a30c34047deb575dbfaba367722b69ed03fb5b7e4615326ad6.jpg

:D

Yesterday - Extra Easy

Breakfast - 2 x boiled eggs, coffee with almond milk (A)

Lunch - Curried sweet potato soup (1)

Dinner - Pan fried sea bass fillets, roast garlic and rosemary potatoes (B for oil), spinach, broccoli. :drool:

Snacks - Banana, Mint ML, Greek yogurt with melon and grapes.

Total syns - 1 - whoops!

On the agenda - Work, then home for playtime with Baby Bird, early night!

Ooooooo I wanted to somehow catch up on Broadchurch 1 again, but couldn't find it anywhere! I really enjoyed the first series but I've got to admit I felt a bit lost watching the new series last night as it feels soooooooooo long ago that I watched the first one! x

I watched it On Demand on Sky but I've got a feeling it streamed through the ITV player, so you might be able to do a refreshing watch on there? I absolutely loved it and BINGE watched it in 2 days. :eek:. I've Sky-plussed last nights and am going to catch up tomorrow with the new series.

Ah Broadchurch... at least the second season seems to have started with a bit more of a bang! I loved the first season, but found it quite slow. New series of Silent Witness tonight - hurrah for semi-decent TV to veg out to.

Kermit soup was pretty tasty; it could do with a spot more seasoning, which I will add when I have it again tomorrow.

I've never tried Silent Witness - is it much cop? I'm trying to get along with Homeland (S1) on Netflix at the moment but it's not really holding my interest - still haven't finished S2 of House Of Cards either. It's a good job I'm single again with all the TV I want to watch. BWAHAHAHA! Spinach soup can be a bit bland IME - whack a bit of nutmeg in there.

Can't quote on phone but yes I had Xmas Eve off til the 5th . Good but glad to get back into a normal routine:)
Not seen broad church but the area it's filmed isn't overly far along the coast from us :)

T-T ... I loved sons of anarchy! Got some on DVD and some on PC, watched the last series over Xmas , was a bit sort of 'oh' ok , at the ending seeing as it was meant to be the last series!

Can't quote on phone but yes I had Xmas Eve off til the 5th . Good but glad to get back into a normal routine:)
Not seen broad church but the area it's filmed isn't overly far along the coast from us :)

T-T ... I loved sons of anarchy! Got some on DVD and some on PC, watched the last series over Xmas , was a bit sort of 'oh' ok , at the ending seeing as it was meant to be the last series!

Sorry Sal, hijacking your thread! Denise - SOA is amazing. I loved the last series; but I know a lot of people who were a bit disappointed in it! I think the soundtrack's brilliant, can't wait for the new one to come out later this year. They're doing a pre-qual series about the First 9... but who knows when that will be!

Today is taxing me... I didn't get a break for three hours this morning. And I just seem to be dealing with complaints today!

Yes the series was great- all of them! Just wasn't too sure how the finale was going to end- OH reckons because you only see blood and not Jax he reckons maybe he isn't dead lol and that they could make another series.... I don't think so they lost too many good characters! The sound tracks are awesome! I have a few more to download... But I do have a SOA playlist! :D
I have had time on my hands this morning!
Trying to make the deliveries last til lunchtime LOL

SOA is next on the list of things we want to watch. At the moment we're working our way through Lilyhammer on Netflix. The second series isn't as interesting to my but OH is still loving it.

Wednesday

Hey dizzy! Lovely to see you back - must pop over and say hi and see how you are today. :bighug:

Haha at all the box set chat. I have three words for you - American Horror Story. OMG - honestly, one of the best things I've watched in YEARS. I haven't tried SOA yet, but it's on my list. Can't get on with Lillyhammer - I'm up to episode three I think, and I'm just not into it - but then again, I struggled with Breaking Bad and in the end I loved it.

Bit stressed out this morning as it was all a bit of a mad rush to get up and out early this morning to get the baby to the childminder. I was feeling very tooth-grind-y by the time I finally dropped her off. Good day foodwise yesterday - another 100%er. Hooray!

Yesterday - Extra Easy

Breakfast - Baked beans and ham, coffee with almond milk (2.5)

Lunch - Curried sweet potato soup (1), tuna and mayo (2) sandwich (B)

Dinner - Mexican pasta bake (A for cheese), broccoli, green beans

Snacks - Orange ML, banana

Total syns - 5.5

On The Agenda - I'm going for a mooch around the shops at lunchtime today and that's about as far as my plans extend!

Have a lovely day Sal! Food looks good as always. I'm putting yesterday behind me; I don't know if I'll be able to get through another one like that just yet. Fingers crossed that I just take calls from nice little old ladies, who have recently moved house.

I loved the first season of American Horror Story, but struggled to get into the second. We're working our way through Once Upon a Time at the moment; just nice easy watching!

Back