One SW day at a time

Oh the second series is AMAZING - it took me a couple of episodes to get into it as I was so used to the actors playing their original characters that I felt a bit...off, but honestly it's really worth sticking with. I almost liked it more that the first series by the end.

I hope today is nice and calm for you - people are grumpy in January generally - I know I am! Plus it's a full moon.

That pasta bake looks lovely, you're making me hungry now! Will just have to munch on some cucumber till I can realistically have lunch.

I've never been before, so really excited! I fully plan to be off-plan for the weekend and will accept any gain that comes my way! We fly super early on the Friday, so have booked the Thursday night before as holiday from WI anyway.

I get paid on the 18th, but because it falls on a weekend, we'll get paid on the Friday - perfect timing for Dublin. I really want to do a Croke Park stadium tour if we can; trying to plan and pack lots in. Drives my OH mad, but I like to have an idea of what we're going to do.

I've never been before, so really excited! I fully plan to be off-plan for the weekend and will accept any gain that comes my way! We fly super early on the Friday, so have booked the Thursday night before as holiday from WI anyway.

I get paid on the 18th, but because it falls on a weekend, we'll get paid on the Friday - perfect timing for Dublin. I really want to do a Croke Park stadium tour if we can; trying to plan and pack lots in. Drives my OH mad, but I like to have an idea of what we're going to do.

Dublin's great - I worked there for a few weeks in the autumn. Try to spend at least a day doing the open top bus tour - the tickets usually last for 48 hours at this time of year and you can get a ride round on various routes to see the sites and decide where you want to get off on the second go round. Then you can just hop on and off for the rest of the ticket validity. They run quite frequently - I never had to wait more than about 5 minutes at any stop for one.

I can highly recommend Christchurch cathedral for magnificence and splendour (and the crypts are good) and Kilmainhem jail was fascinating. The zoo's good too, with lots of different animals.

Dublin's great - I worked there for a few weeks in the autumn. Try to spend at least a day doing the open top bus tour - the tickets usually last for 48 hours at this time of year and you can get a ride round on various routes to see the sites and decide where you want to get off on the second go round. Then you can just hop on and off for the rest of the ticket validity. They run quite frequently - I never had to wait more than about 5 minutes at any stop for one.

I can highly recommend Christchurch cathedral for magnificence and splendour (and the crypts are good) and Kilmainhem jail was fascinating. The zoo's good too, with lots of different animals.

Yay thank you! I thought the jail looked really interesting! It's now just the task of convincing my other half that there are better things to do than sit in bars all day...

Sal, your soup is making me jealous! :D
American horror story, is the theme horror!

TT have not been to Dublin , but have been to Belfast :)
Went to see Metallica , and then had a couple of days, open top buses are good we did one Belfast and New York when we went :)

Yay thank you! I thought the jail looked really interesting! It's now just the task of convincing my other half that there are better things to do than sit in bars all day...

Tell him if he comes on the bus tour with you you'll stop off at the Guinness Storehouse and you can look round then have a pint in the sky bar at the top - best views of Dublin and good beer :)

How exciting, I have an itinerary whenever we go away, lol, fortunately Bob doesn't make decisions so he is happy for me to say what we do!!!

I second a bus tour, a friend recommended we do the tour when we went to Dublin, I wasn't keen but so glad we did, it's brill

Thursday

Off out tonight with a couple of my girlfriends. I'm looking forward to it! We're going to Cote, I've had a look at the menu (again) and think I'm going to have a steak and ask for vegetables instead of chips. I'm hoping it's going to be a quiet one drinks wise as we've all got work tomorrow and one of my gals is starting SW today. :D - It's WI day tomorrow but I did a pre-emptive WI this morning just in case tonight goes pear shaped! Haha! I don't want any dehydration WI's scuppering my actual weight loss.

Good day yesterday, lots of yummy food and a 100%er (if a little low on syns, at least it means I've got a few to play with tonight).

Next week with be SP! :hide:. I've planned it out and think I've got my head around it - it's worth a bash.

Yesterday - Extra Easy

Breakfast - Courgette and red pepper omelette, coffee with almond milk (3)

Lunch - Mexican pasta bake (A) with tenderstem brocolli and runner beans

Dinner - Fresh mackerel with harissa paste (1), roasted vegetable couscous (B for oil), green salad.

Snacks - None. I didn't need anything else to eat after all that!

Total syns - 1

On The Agenda - Work, then dinner and drinks, train home - hopefully sober! - bed.

Ah, I bet you'll be alright - and it just might mean a STS for this week's WI. Not one drop of alcohol passed my lips on NYE as I was on babysitting duty (I made up for it NY day though)

Thanks for the link to the pasta bake recipe, OH is keen for me to make it as it combines two of his fave types of food (anything mexican and pasta). I was driving on NYE (as I was for much of the festive period) so didn't drink either. Hope you enjoy your meal out tonight and get home at a reasonable time.

Dinner - Fresh mackerel with harissa paste (1), roasted vegetable couscous (B for oil), green salad.

Is harissa paste very hot or just medium to hot, I've seen it in the Asian shop but not plucked up the courage to buy it yet, but it does look yummy on your mackerel.

I carried on into New Years Day! Then slept until 4, followed by dozing until I had to leave for group! I haven't had anything to drink since though. We were drinking mint whiskey at one point... straight from the bottle. Glad I stayed classy lol.

Oh, can you remember what the mint whisky tasted like?

Back