One SW day at a time

Sally! Hello love, hope you're well. Your dinners look simply superb as ever. Sorry to hear about your injury - how long have you had that? Really hope it improves soon.

Your evening with some cheeky red wine sounds splendid. Pretty jealous! You seem really focused and on track at the moment, I'm impressed. Need to take a leaf (or tree) out of your book!

Tuesday

Gorgeous sunny day - perfect for a lovely long tramp about the park. As it is I'm stuck at my desk so BOO to that. Pulled muscle is still a bit tender today so I'm not going to chance my luck and am going to cancel my class for later. It's more of a pulled tendon I think as it's right at the back - I'm trying to remember whether I felt it pull during yoga and what position I was in (so I can avoid it next time!) - but as the class felt like I spent the majority of the time twisted up like a bloody pretzel I think I've got no chance!

Apart from that I had a pretty good day yesterday. Syns are looking good at 52/105 (including planned syns for the rest of this week) so I'm debating opening a bottle of wine tonight to go with the beef brisket - I ordered a lovely bottle of Sicilian red and I'm hoping it reminds me of my holiday's in Southern Italy! Hmmm. I'll give it some thought.

Yesterday - Extra Easy

Breakfast - 2 x boiled eggs, coffee with almond milk (A)

Lunch - Mexican bean and tuna pasta salad - TUMPS of it, I ended up throwing half of it away!

Dinner - Leftover chicken and apricot stew (2.5), couscous and roasted squash. This stew did not take kindly to re-heating!

Pudding - Chocolate cherries (1.5) with 2% Greek yogurt (1)

Snacks - Banana and blueberries

Total syns - 5

Hello Sally! I love your food diary! Read through the whole thing and got some great ideas. Thank you
I am in the zone with SW! Been on it 8 days ( this time..ahem) Lost 5 pounds so far.

Thanks for the foodie inspiration and the laughs! Xx

mmm scampi Nik Naks.... I know the feeling!

I think I'm going to be throwing some of my lunch today! There were leftovers, but not quite enough for 2 portions. But looking at it, there is going to be far too much for me.

I loved those scampi bites as well - they looked like a little pillow and smelled like Billingsgate market! That's what I did yesterday, I looked at the pasta and tought - yeah that's one portion...for an elephant maybe. Eyes bigger than belly!

Sally! Hello love, hope you're well. Your dinners look simply superb as ever. Sorry to hear about your injury - how long have you had that? Really hope it improves soon.

Your evening with some cheeky red wine sounds splendid. Pretty jealous! You seem really focused and on track at the moment, I'm impressed. Need to take a leaf (or tree) out of your book!

:bighug: Saruk! How have you been lovely girl? Ah "my injury" is only a pulled tendon/muscle/BROKEN KNEE thing that I did at yoga on Sunday - YOGA! I ask you - isn't that meant to be all calming and relaxing?! :rolleyes:. I am feeling pretty focussed at the moment...in preparation for summer holidays and maybe thinking about doing some dating type stuff in a few months - I want to be fighting fit! ;)

Hello Sally! I love your food diary! Read through the whole thing and got some great ideas. Thank you 
I am in the zone with SW! Been on it 8 days ( this time..ahem) Lost 5 pounds so far.

Thanks for the foodie inspiration and the laughs! Xx

Hello Nellie and welcome - 5 lbs is a brilliant loss! Were you chuffed? I know what you mean about getting in The Zone - it's great when you're in it and feeling it! Thank you for your kind words, I'm glad you enjoyed reading my nonsense - Have you got a diary I can come and visit?

Hello Nellie and welcome - 5 lbs is a brilliant loss! Were you chuffed? I know what you mean about getting in The Zone - it's great when you're in it and feeling it! Thank you for your kind words, I'm glad you enjoyed reading my nonsense - Have you got a diary I can come and visit?[/QUOTE]

Chuffed to bits!

(Trying to reply without a quote and don't know if it will work..)

My husband has lost ten pounds in 8 days too...can't get my head around that! Crazy!
Don't have a diary - not confident yet but you never know, in the future maybe?

On your recommendation we tried choc shot yesterday - amazing! Yum. And today an exciting package just arrived..PB2! Can't wait to try it! Exciting stuff! Xx

:bighug: Saruk! How have you been lovely girl? Ah "my injury" is only a pulled tendon/muscle/BROKEN KNEE thing that I did at yoga on Sunday - YOGA! I ask you - isn't that meant to be all calming and relaxing?! :rolleyes:. I am feeling pretty focussed at the moment...in preparation for summer holidays and maybe thinking about doing some dating type stuff in a few months - I want to be fighting fit! ;)

Heeey chicken! Yeah I've been good love, hovering somewhere near the wagon but not quite on it or off it. Slowly trying to clamber back on though! Haha don't worry - I can totally feel your pain. I've just started a body balance class 2x a week which is a combo of yoga, pilates and tai chi - love it, love it but boy am I one achey soldier the next day! Rest up that knee of yours missy so you can get back to it - who's going to fight off all those men lining up at your door if you've got a broken knee?! I hear ya on the dating front though... If I'm going to be attracting the Robert Pattinson-type folk (by 'type folk' I mean...just Robert Pattinson please (not sure if Cupid reads your diary but it's certainly worth a shot)) then I'm definitely going to have to keep all seal-in-a-sumo-costume qualities down to an absolute minimum.

Did el vino flow tonight m'dear?

Hello Nellie and welcome - 5 lbs is a brilliant loss! Were you chuffed? I know what you mean about getting in The Zone - it's great when you're in it and feeling it! Thank you for your kind words, I'm glad you enjoyed reading my nonsense - Have you got a diary I can come and visit?

Chuffed to bits! 

(Trying to reply without a quote and don't know if it will work..)

My husband has lost ten pounds in 8 days too...can't get my head around that! Crazy!
Don't have a diary - not confident yet but you never know, in the future maybe?

On your recommendation we tried choc shot yesterday - amazing! Yum. And today an exciting package just arrived..PB2! Can't wait to try it!  Exciting stuff! Xx[/QUOTE]

Men always lose more quickly - it's VEH annoying! I love filling out my diary, it makes me feel accountable and also drives me not to eat the same stuff over and over again - maybe I'm a bit narcissistic? ;) Enjoy the PB2 - I hope you love it as much as I do.

Heeey chicken! Yeah I've been good love, hovering somewhere near the wagon but not quite on it or off it. Slowly trying to clamber back on though! Haha don't worry - I can totally feel your pain. I've just started a body balance class 2x a week which is a combo of yoga, pilates and tai chi - love it, love it but boy am I one achey soldier the next day! Rest up that knee of yours missy so you can get back to it - who's going to fight off all those men lining up at your door if you've got a broken knee?! I hear ya on the dating front though... If I'm going to be attracting the Robert Pattinson-type folk (by 'type folk' I mean...just Robert Pattinson please (not sure if Cupid reads your diary but it's certainly worth a shot)) then I'm definitely going to have to keep all seal-in-a-sumo-costume qualities down to an absolute minimum.

Did el vino flow tonight m'dear?

I'm glad to hear you've been following the wagon! I do a supple strength class which I think is like body balance - I love it! RobPatz is a bit young for me - I'm more of a Tom Hardy kinda gal. :drool: I did have some wine, but I kept the flowing down to a mere trickle (for me!)

Wednesday - Where is this week going?!

Another glorious morning here in the SE. It's amazing how much a sunny day can change the mood.

Good day yesterday - Gorgeous weather which I just couldn't waste so I went for a walk at lunch time. My knee protested a bit whenever I went even slightly uphill but I took it easy and it feels fine this morning! Hoorah! Which means I can go to Bodypump tonight which is great. I've got a busy weekend (and copious amounts of booze WILL be consumed on Saturday night) so I really need to get the exercise in over the next couple of days.

So, last night was the night to try out the roasting kit from A & C. I changed my mind about using the slow cooker as I wanted to follow the recipe card, so I prepared everything and asked my mum to put the meat in three hours before I got home and then I could finish it off. It was SUCH a disappointment. :sigh:. It was definitely right up there with the worst piece of meat I have ever had - parts of it were practically inedible, it was thoroughly dry and just awful. Now both mum and I are experienced cooks and I know mum had put the meat in at the correct temperature; I managed to save the shallot "sauce" (which was just not reduced at all, 500ml of ale is never going to at only gas mark 3?!) by bubbling it furiously to reduce it once I'd removed the beef, but the meat was pretty much un-salvageable. It was a bit better with some of the sauce spooned over (the sauce tasted nice) but I was so pi$$ed off that I called them to complain! These roasting kits aren't cheap and honestly, the recipe was just PANTS. I got a refund no questions asked, which was good but it still meant that the meal I'd so looked forward to was ruined. BOO HOO! #firstworldproblems \rant

Yesterday - Extra Easy

Breakfast - Weetabix (B) with banana, coffee with almond milk (A)

Lunch - Smoky black bean soup

Dinner - Beef brisket with honey, ale and shallots (3), roast potatoes (2), carrots and flowering sprouts

WINE (14.5) - Best bit of dinner! ;)

Snacks - Pineapple, Packet of ham (hungry!)

Total syns - 18.5

That's so disappointing. With all the competition out there, I just don't get how these companies get away with being so terrible. Or is it just that people are really low standards?!

I think it was just a naff piece of meat - that happens sometimes and they were really good about giving me a refund but that recipe was WELL off as well AFAIC. I'm going to give it one more try next week and if that's crap as well I won't bother ordering the roast kit again. I've never had cause for complaint before and I get quite a bit of meat and fish from them..so maybe just a duff one.

Sorry to hear about your disappointing meal... wine looks good though ;) I'm always looking for some better wine glasses as we've just got a standard set, and I always feel 'fancy' drinking out of different shaped ones at restaurants.

The wine was FABULOUS, really soft and full - I felt slightly squiffy! *Lightweight*. That glass is my favourite and I've got a feeling it was one of those "joke" ones which can fit a whole bottle in! I like to use it because (it can fit a whole bottle in) there's plenty of room for the wine to breathe. :snooty: ;)

I'm surprised at A&C for their bad recipe & meat, I thought all recipes were tried & tested beforehand, but at least you got a refund. I love the glass that's brill x

Have you ever seen the TV show Scandal, Sally? One of the great things about it are the frigging amazing wine glasses the lead woman drinks from - it's the size of her but yet still so elegant! I bought a couple for my friend for her birthday and they're just fabulous!

Such a shame about your meat - hope you get to have something awesome tonight to make up for it.

Don't work that knee too hard!

Size of her face**... Not the size of her. Gulp!

That soup looks awesome!! Yummers.
So impressed with the PB2 Sally. Amazing to be able to have pb on toast for brekkie.
I do keep a food diary for myself but not confident enough to put in on here yet
Hope you are fighting fit soon xx

Ohhh I've got one of those joke ones (shocker...lol!) somewhere, I've never thought to use it before. ASK have some really posh glasses x

I think I started using mine after my final "nice" glass got smashed. I should buy some new ones really - but then again maybe that would encourage me to drink more! :rolleyes:

My OH's brother got us wine glasses for Christmas. But they're really chunky, ultra modern ones with brightly coloured stems.... Still in their box, at the top of the stairs! (we actually don't have space in the kitchen for them)

At least they were happy to give you a refund. Bad joints DO happen... but bad recipe is pretty inexcusable.

I'm not sure how I feel about chunky glasses - I do have a set of them but don't use them regularly so that says something. My mum drinks wine out of a mug - SO Jilly Cooper!

I'm surprised at A&C for their bad recipe & meat, I thought all recipes were tried & tested beforehand, but at least you got a refund. I love the glass that's brill x

I know, I was really starting to second guess myself, but honestly - unless you were meant to have dry chewy meat floating in a sea of Ale, I really don;t think it was right!

Have you ever seen the TV show Scandal, Sally? One of the great things about it are the frigging amazing wine glasses the lead woman drinks from - it's the size of her but yet still so elegant! I bought a couple for my friend for her birthday and they're just fabulous!

Such a shame about your meat - hope you get to have something awesome tonight to make up for it.

Don't work that knee too hard!

I've never seen Scandal - is it any good? I'm always on the look out for new boxsets! My knee is all healed up now - hoorah!

That soup looks awesome!! Yummers.
So impressed with the PB2 Sally. Amazing to be able to have pb on toast for brekkie.
I do keep a food diary for myself but not confident enough to put in on here yet
Hope you are fighting fit soon xx

Whoops, sorry - left you out! I'm SO glad you enjoyed the PB2 - it's a bit pricy and I'm always worried when I recommend something that people are going to think "Well, that was crap and expensive to boot!"

THURSDAY - OH YES!

I am revolting. I went spinning this morning at 6:45. That's right. I am a revolting SW Swot. :D It was bloody hard as well. It frees me up for tonight as the baby might be coming over so now I can relax and enjoy her.

Good day yesterday - Another day of lovely warm sunshine which made me happy, good day at work and a good day foodwise. I also went to Bodypump and actually managed to finish the shoulder track for the first time since I went back so that was good as well!

Yesterday - Extra Easy

Breakfast - 2 x boiled eggs, coffee with almond milk (A)

Lunch - Cauliflower and coconut dhal (B) with carrot and beetroot salad and sweetcorn salsa, mixed pickle (3) - Leftover mash up!

Dinner - Bacon wrapped cod with lemoney potatoes and green beans, roasted pepper

Pudding - Pear and chocolate sauce (2)

Snacks - Banana, nectarine

Total syns - 5

Back