One SW day at a time

My parents had some experience of it; I was at boarding school in the UK whilst they were in Germany. I secretly think they were glad to get rid! My sister then dropped out of uni and moved home and it's taken them several years to get rid of her again.

They always saw it as a great excuse for weekends away to come and visit. Although both of them hate driving in Bristol, so tend to avoid it! Bristol's my home now and I really don't think I could live anywhere else in the UK. I was told in my first week of university that Bristol would become my life, "you might leave, but you'll always come back". So very true... I went half way around the world, but the place I settled when I came back was this crazy old city!

Yes, I can see the advantages of being able to go and visit DS1 but I think it will take me a while to get my head around it! Ah it all just goes to quickly. I remember the day he was born like yesterday and it's SO WEIRD to be saying stuff like that as well...oh God, I'm really getting old! ;)

Nathan & Lydia both moved out in the same week, Lydia just a few streets away which was fine, but Nathan moved to Gloucester I really missed him when he first went, I still do but it's easier, we would stay up at night chatting and putting the world to rights, that is what I miss the most, I've no words of wisdom 'cause it just isn't easy. Lydia is moving to Fuerteventura in June for a minimum of 2 mths I have no idea how I'm going to cope with that, at the moment I see her everyday x

That must have been incredibly tough for you - talk about an instant empty nest. I guess the only way to cope is to be proud that they've grown into independent, brave people who can lead interesting and happy lives - mainly because you obviously did a great job raising them!

Thursday

Beautiful day out there again. I woke up feeling FANTASTIC - I'm all bouncy and happy. I doubt it will last as work will probably soon cut me down to size but I've got pottery class tonight to look forward to. Hooray!

Good day yesterday both foodwise and exercisewise. Went to Bodypump and worked really hard, came home cooked tea and then had a ladybath and an early night...probably hence the good mood!

Yesterday - Extra Easy

Breakfast - Beans on toast (B), coffee with almond milk (2.5)

Lunch - Beef vindaloo (1.5), rice and salad

Dinner - Sicilian lemon pasta with chicken, courgettes and broccoli (A for philadephia tubs, 1 for butter spray) - So this is some lemon flavoured pasta I bought in Sicily 2 years ago that I've been "saving" :rolleyes:. I thought it was about time I used it and OMG! It was delicious, really lemony and it went really well with the leftover saffron lemon chicken from earlier in the week. SCORE!

Snacks - 0% Greek yogurt and pineapple, banana.

Total syns - 5

Hey

You are going great guns at the mo Sal. Well done for you Body Pumping! You food, as ever, is looking outstanding.

Keep up the good work
xx

Ooh your lemony pasta dinner looks amazing!
Hope you have a lovely day and your good mood continues xx

Hey

You are going great guns at the mo Sal. Well done for you Body Pumping! You food, as ever, is looking outstanding.

Keep up the good work
xx

Thank you doll!

Ooh your lemony pasta dinner looks amazing!
Hope you have a lovely day and your good mood continues xx

Thank you - I was really impressed with the pasta and am now planning how to use the rest of it. I'm thinking something with salmon. I'll be gutted when it's all gone!

ooo Lemon pasta sounds lovely! I saw some egg and spinach pasta in TK Max the other day, might have to pick it up next time.

I think the spinach pasta just generally colours it rather than imparts any flavour but I may be wrong. I also found some tri-colore spaghetti lurking with the lemon pasta - also two years old! Terrible really!

Wow pottery class has come round quick. What I want to know is why can't we buy that pasta here it sounds amazing, I may take a look on some of those well known shopping websites!!!

Wow pottery class has come round quick. What I want to know is why can't we buy that pasta here it sounds amazing, I may take a look on some of those well known shopping websites!!!

Careful!! I think I've just found some on a veh poash site which I'm not looking at anymore as I will end up spending all my wages. :eek:

FERIDAY!

Joy!

WI Day - 1.5lbs off! What now? See? My body is just completely off it's head. I've got plans to be perfectly good this week so next WI will probably equal a 12lb gain. It's baffling.

Yesterday was a good one. Good food then pottery class - which was actually a bit disappointing to be honest. The studio isn't really ready for classes to be taught, I didn't mind so much last week but found it quite frustrating this week. It just makes everything harder when there's no electricity and the class plan has to change from one thing to another. :sigh:. I'm hoping it will be better next week and if not I'm going to complain to the college. We've paid for these classes and at the moment they're running out of clay (?!), electricity isn't working, the equipment isn't all there. Annoying!

Yesterday - Extra Easy

Breakfast - PB2 (2) and banana sandwich (B), Half a grapefruit, Coffee with almond milk (Half A)

Lunch - Curried sweet potato, butternut squash, sweetcorn and chicken tikka soup.

Dinner - Beef curry (1.5), rice, tomato salad.

Snacks - Pineapple and 2% Greek yogurt (1)

Total syns - 4.5

Hey well done on the 1.5 off! Aren't bodies weird??
Such a shame about pottery, I would definitely complain. Seems they were too eager to take peoples cash instead of checking everything was in place to actually run a class! Annoying for you.
Just had my second yoga class and really enjoyed it. Soo tired now though! Must be mega unfit! Hoping for some sort of loss tmrw as sts last week
Food looks lovely as per:D Great inspiration.
Have a lovely weekend xxx

Well done on the loss!
I would complain about the pottery class too if things don't improve , otherwise they will think they can get away with people paying for those standards .

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hey well done on the 1.5 off! Aren't bodies weird??
Such a shame about pottery, I would definitely complain. Seems they were too eager to take peoples cash instead of checking everything was in place to actually run a class! Annoying for you.
Just had my second yoga class and really enjoyed it. Soo tired now though! Must be mega unfit! Hoping for some sort of loss tmrw as sts last week
Food looks lovely as per:D Great inspiration.
Have a lovely weekend xxx

Glad you're enjoying yoga - I need to get back to it but still a bit wary after breaking myself last time haha! Fingers crossed for your WI - let us know how you get on.

Yay well done on the loss, I also like the idea of going to Italy to get pasta, I'm in!!!

Oh I always gain about a stone whenever I go...the food, THE FOOD :drool:. ALthough I must admit that the last time I went to Paris I was blown away by some of the grub there as well. No wonder I'm overweight!

Well done on the loss!
I would complain about the pottery class too if things don't improve , otherwise they will think they can get away with people paying for those standards .

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks Denn, Totally undeserved if I'm honest but I'll take it. I'm going to give it one more week and see how I feel - I don't want to alienate myself from the tutor so soon into the class either!

Morning Sally! Lost 2 and very pleased :D . so that's 9 pounds in less than a month which is not bad. Just had 2 slices of toast and butter to celebrate..whoops!
Hope you have a lovely day and you are happy at weight in xx

Morning Sally! Lost 2 and very pleased :D . so that's 9 pounds in less than a month which is not bad. Just had 2 slices of toast and butter to celebrate..whoops!
Hope you have a lovely day and you are happy at weight in xx

Fantastic! Well done to you. :0clapper: Butter isn't too bad (it is) as long as it's not dripping off the toast. Oh man. Now I want buttered toast for breakfast!

Have a great Saturday!

Back