One SW day at a time

What are BNS chips?

Amazing work on the half pound Sally - didn't you say you were aiming for half a pound every week til holiday?

Pot is lovely! 'My cute pot brings all the birds to the yard and they're like "it's better than yours... damn right, it's better than yours"'. Birds will love it!

Your evening sounds lovely - enjoy! Sounds like you really deserve it after an impromptu spinning sesh this morning. You're an inspiration!

Pot looks great Sally! And well done on your loss this week:p
I do SP's all the time...naughty I know. Scales showing -3 this week but let's see what happens between now and tmrw morning!
Had a disaster with my BNS chips :( They were soggy even though I cooked them for ages. Soggy yet going black!!? Would an actifry make them crisp? We ate them but they weren't great. Haven't got celeriac yet so that's next to try.
Its great you are enjoying your pottery! I had my third yoga class this morning and now officially obsessed! I love it.
Have a great weekend whatever you do (with or without the vino!;)) xxx

Oooh to a 3lb loss, I will keep everything crossed that it sticks for WI. Right. BNS chips, hmmmm, they don't really crisp up like a potato chip, but I wonder if you had the heat up high enough? I usually do mine at the top end of heat so at about gas mark 7 for about half an hour giving them a shake no and again. They should be soft and sweet - more like a sweet potato than a white one. I can feel the pull of the vino already!

What are BNS chips?

Amazing work on the half pound Sally - didn't you say you were aiming for half a pound every week til holiday?

Pot is lovely! 'My cute pot brings all the birds to the yard and they're like "it's better than yours... damn right, it's better than yours"'. Birds will love it!

Your evening sounds lovely - enjoy! Sounds like you really deserve it after an impromptu spinning sesh this morning. You're an inspiration!

Butternut squash chips - just butternut squash cut into chip shapes - they're actually better as wedges thinking about it. I like to shake a bit of cumin or smoked paprika on mine as well. You're right about the loss. *grumble grumble* - but you can shush it with your SUPER AMAZING loss this week! ;):p. I'm blimming knackered this afternoon - unsurprisingly. Might end up in bed by nine HAHA!

Have a fab weekend chickie-dee!

Oooooh, something new to try! I love sweet potato chips so these sound ruddy good too. Like your idea of paprika-ing them up, too.

Haha, shush yourself - every loss should be screamed from the rooftops.

Ummm, I've been in bed by 9 every day this week and I've loved it! :giggle:

Ummm, I've been in bed by 9 every day this week and I've loved it! :giggle:

Welcome to my world! I LOVE an early night.

I usually do my BNS with garam massala. And when I'm feeling super lazy, I buy the pre-cut bags of BNS and sweet potato from M&S

I might have to give that garam masala a go - nice and earthy/smoky flavour. Top tip! Ta.

I've never had one of those nights :p x

LIES! LIES!!! I read your diary!

Morning! Up at silly o'clock with my little one but happy to say my scales didn't lie! 3 pds off this week! Really chuffed:p .
Have a happy weekend xx

Wow love the pot, you'll have to show us a pic when it's been fired.

Saturday - Awesomeness

Went a bit off plan last night because we booked our holiday and so I HAD to celebrate, obviously! Busy day today, got lots of things to do, lots of cooking and running around, so onto the food yesterday.

Yesterday - Green day

Breakfast - Scrambled eggs on toast (B), coffee with almond milk (Half A)

Lunch - Veggie shepherds pie (A + 1), green veggies

Dinner - Spaghetti bolognese (B)

image.jpg

Snacks - Baby figs, 0% Greek yogurt, syrup (1.5), Banana, Packet of crisps (6), bread (6)

image.jpg

Total Syns - 14.5

WINE!

Celebration absolutely needed for holiday booking

I agree!

Have you booked anywhere nice? :)
just noticed your bronze body magic award -well done! :)
What syrup have you used with your figs ?

Yes, we're going to Corfu - a place we've been before so we're familiar with the area which is a good idea as we're taking the baby. That's agave nectar syrup on the figs - Half a syn per tsp!

Sunday - Mothers Day

I had a good day yesterday, had a bit of a dinner party in the evening and had the baby over as well. I didn't drink and drove everyone home - angelic!

Yesterday - Extra Easy

Breakfast - Baby banana - cute!

Lunch - Vietnamese chicken and mint salad (3)

image.jpg

Dinner - Vegetarian vindaloo, chicken skewers (3.5), rice, WM chappati (Tweaky B), poppadoms (3)

image.jpg

Snacks - Sliver chocolate tart (5ish?)

Total Syns - 14.5

sally your meals look so yummy! :)

well I am pleased to say my scales is going down about bloody time I think gym and water weight has deffo had a lot to do with it hope everyone has had a lovely sunday and mothers day x

sally your meals look so yummy! :)

well I am pleased to say my scales is going down about bloody time I think gym and water weight has deffo had a lot to do with it hope everyone has had a lovely sunday and mothers day x

Thank you! I'm glad your scales are being kind!

Polish that Halo for driving! :D
Vindaloo!?:eek: :D ...braver than me! :D

It wasn't THAT hot actually, did you know that the word vindaloo actually means vinegar and garlic?!

Monday - OUCHY

Gah! Another bad day yesterday! Mother's Day caught me in it's naughty trap. Never mind, onwards and downwards.

I'm seriously flirting with the idea of incorporating some fast days into my weeks. Maybe just as a trial, I might give it a bash for a week - as I've counted up the weeks until my holiday now it's booked and it's 18 - and I really, REALLY want to get some serious weight shifted by then. I've had a look back and on 13th Feb I WI at 179, on the 13th March I WI at 179.6. :confused:. I think we can all agree that I'm not THAT far off plan every week and so it just doesn't make much sense to me. I've been logging on MFP in conjunction with SW for a while now and I'm hitting around 1,400 net cals per day so...oh I don't know...is it a bad idea do you think? I think I could do SW for the 5 "feast" days and then just drop right down for 2 days. :thinking2:...but if I'm not hitting my TDEE with SW (which is 2,000 ish) then I'm going to have to add MORE food in somehow without breaking the syn bank. ARGH. Ramble, ramble. Talk to me miniminners!

Yesterday - Extra Easy (huh)

Breakfast - 2 x boiled eggs, coffee with almond milk (A)

Lunch - Tom yum soup (1.5)

Dinner - Indian takeaway (A BILLION SYNS OF YUMMINESS)

Snacks - Er, slice of chocolate cake, packet of crisps, marmite sandwich, WINE. PIGGY.

Glad you had a nice weekend! I think lots of us were off plan for the majority of it, me included lol.
I know of a few people on here that combine sw & a 5:2 type diet with success. I hate counting calories but if you log with MFP anyway this won't matter!
Give it a try for a week and see how you get on? When I tried it I didn't mind the fasting (there's something quite satisfying about overcoming the hunger feeling, and you can get a lot for your cals using veg & spices as you often do) it was the endless counting! X

Glad you had a nice weekend! I think lots of us were off plan for the majority of it, me included lol.
I know of a few people on here that combine sw & a 5:2 type diet with success. I hate counting calories but if you log with MFP anyway this won't matter!
Give it a try for a week and see how you get on? When I tried it I didn't mind the fasting (there's something quite satisfying about overcoming the hunger feeling, and you can get a lot for your cals using veg & spices as you often do) it was the endless counting! X

I know - it's the counting and weighing bit that's putting me off - weighing salad and veggies? Dunno how much of that I can take...worth giving it a try for a week though but I am a bit scared of being famished on the fast days. HMMMM.

I don't think i could do fasting days, but lots do & it's worth a go.

Yeah, I don't generally respond well to be hungry - I get quite angry - but I'm thinking that I could just do the fasting thing on days where I've got stuff to do - so Thursday because of pottery and then Tuesdays, I can just go to bed at 7 to stop myself eating or shouting or crying.

Back