One SW day at a time

That's why I couldn't fast I get very grumpy when I'm hungry.

I think I'm going to give it a go. I've done a little bit of research and it looks like I should be eating around 2100 cals per non fast day - I've been consistently undershooting that by at least 500 cals per day so I wonder whether that's why my weight loss has been so painfully slow since I started exercising again.

Anyway, I feel like I'm not getting anywhere and I know myself well enough that if I endure another month of a sum total of no loss or a small gain (!! Half a pound gain, I still can't get over that - how did that happen?) then I will end up sabotaging myself until I give it all up, fall completely off the wagon again, and end up never losing this weight and I just can't allow that to happen any more. I really feel as though I've just completely broken my metabolism and I feel horrible about it.

Definitely give it a go lovely, what have you got to lose? Except WEIGHT. If it's something you've been considering for a while then just try it. if you get halfway through the day and just think 'nah', then no harm done. I wish I could wave a magic wand and give you the losses you deserve - they'll come though, I'm sure of it.

Tuesday

OK, so I'm decided - I'm definitely going to give it a go, I bought a fitbit yesterday as well - what a nifty little bit of kit!

My "Feast" days are set at 2,000 per day and my fast days set to 500

I tracked my calories yesterday and added in a handful of Brazil nuts to try and get them up a bit but only managed to hit 1,340 cals for the day. I guess I could have eaten a Mars bar or something to get the cals up but that just feels wrong and not the road I want to go down - and as I'm easing into it it doesn't feel like a big deal. I'm sure tomorrow will be a 2,000er as I'll be blimming starving after my first fast day today. *bites nails*

I'm not going to do a new diary, as I'm planning on sticking to basic SW principles for feast days, just with a bit more oil and maybe some avocado and stuff, and there'll probably be some more HEXes going on.

Yesterday - Extra Easy (Feast Day)

Breakfast - 2 x boiled eggs, coffee with almond milk (A) - 245 cals

Lunch - Vietnamese chicken and mint salad - 333 cals

Dinner - Prawn stir fry (B for oil) - 523 cals

Snacks -
25g Brazil nuts - 164 cals
Coffee with evaporated milk - 26 cals
Melon - 23 cals

Total calories - 1314

No exercise class but a good walk at lunchtime.

Oooooh, excited to hear about the fast day!

Which fitbit have you gone for? I'm thinking of getting the HR Charge. Let me know how you find it!

Hope your first fast goes well :) x

It was pretty tough but I did it!

Good luck with the fast day!
And which Fitbit did you get?
Have just asked on someone else's thread about those:)
So many to choose from!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Oooooh, excited to hear about the fast day!

Which fitbit have you gone for? I'm thinking of getting the HR Charge. Let me know how you find it!

So both of you asked about the fitbit? I got the Fitbit Charge HR. I'm loving it so far but only a day in haha! I like the app and the wristband itself isn't too obtrusive. I think it's going to be good for me because for instance I am determined today to beat yesterday's steps...although I was a bit flaky yesterday due to the first fast so I'd BETTER beat it today. I like the fact that it tracks my sleep as well - interesting that the last two days I have slept for almost exactly the same amount of time - only two minutes difference! Strange really. Not really tested the HR monitor out yet as I've not done any classes yet, but I'm at pump tonight so we'll see how it copes with that.

Wednesday

So yesterday - OMG! Really crazy how little food you get for 500 calories, especially when I'm used to filling up on fruit and yogurts. *blink*. For the best fat burning results you're supposed to go 16 hours without eating at all so I got up and had a couple of cups of green tea and then nothing until 11.30. The morning wasn't too terrible TBH as I sometimes go without breakfast on the weekend so not a huge deal. I enjoyed my lunch, nice to just buy and then heat up a container of soup. I felt a bit odd by the time I got home - a little bit headachy and the grumps started to set in so I had my tea straight away at about 5.30. I cancelled yoga as I thought it might not be the best idea on my first fast day. Watched TV and waited for bed ahhaha!

In conclusion - I hope it gets easier, but it definitely wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be and I woke up this morning feeling really energised (and not starving which is weird) and proud of myself. PLUS today is a "feast" day so I've made my plans and I'm looking forward to eating today. I've decided to give this WOE a month and see where I am by then. I'm going to carry on WI on Fridays for SW and then do another WI on Mondays. Fast day again tomorrow and then I'm away to see my family this weekend so at least I'll be able to count what I'm having rather than panicking about sticking to the SW plan.

Yesterday - Fast Day

Breakfast - Raspberries and melon - 72 cals

Lunch - Glorious Skinny Thai Tuk-Tuks and tumeric soup (Weird name, nice soup) - 238 cals

Dinner - Spinach, spring onion and parmesan omelette with 1 egg and 2 egg whites - 193 cals

7 cups of green/herbal teas!!

Total Cals - 503

Glad the first day went well. I admire your resolve; I know I couldn't do it.

Thank you - I wasn't sure I'd be able to do it either but it really, truly wasn't as awful as I thought it would be. Had to tell myself a couple of times that hunger is just a feeling and it'll pass.

Well done! Sounds like you had some tasty food at least :)
I found I wasn't hungry the day after fast at first but by tea time my appetite was back lol x

Heh - everything I ate tasted AMAZING, that was interesting as well, just how much I enjoyed eating the food I WAS allowed.

Well done! A brilliant first fast day!

They honestly do get easier as the weeks go on, and I find I wake up the day after a fast feeling energised and really good. They are a good 'cleanse' if you've slipped up over the weekend too... which we know I never, ever do ... :eek: x

ME EITHER :giggle:

Sounds like yesterday went really well, I think you'll do ok because you eat loads of fruit & veg anyhow which is low cals.

I hope so - I'm going to have to make some superfree superspeedy soup I think as I don;t want to get too reliant on processed stuff as a fall back...although tomorrow's fast day is looking decidedly processed. I'm not going to be too hard on myself for the first couple of weeks though.

Sounds like you coped well!:)
And I suppose if you are counting calories you can in fact have whatever you want even if it's not SW friendly :)
Hmmmm..... You got ME thinking now!..... :D
Could solve my binge issues? .....

Sounds like you coped well!:)
And I suppose if you are counting calories you can in fact have whatever you want even if it's not SW friendly :)
Hmmmm..... You got ME thinking now!..... :D
Could solve my binge issues? .....

I'm going to TRY and stick to SWish principles as much as poss - so 1/3 vegetables, snacking on fruit etc but yes I can have whatever I want really on feast days. I've got some bagel plans for the weekend for example - BAGELS! YUM! - but today is very SW but just with some extra HEXB's really.

You could give it a go - your job's quite demanding though so you'd have to be really careful about that. How does the Fast Diet work? How many calories per day?. I went for "lightly active" as I am doing about 3-4 exercise classes per week. It might be worth a try for you, might you be a bit bored with SW?

I do have quite a long day, and my step counter on work days usually clocks up my miles/steps as 12-13000 5+ miles a day, but have to allow 2000 steps for the truck lol( testing making note of pedometer- shows truck as 1500 ish steps:D)

But no, don't think I'm bored of SW rather than lost my enthusiasm that I had , and having the taste of real chocolate again hasn't helped!
I think my willpower has just faded a bit!

Was just thinking the fast day might help me regain a bit control again?
Till my mojo kicks back in properly lol.

Keep thinking about those Fitbits too , looked up your one, will check out some reviews, one of those might help spur me back on track properly? :)

Oooh, I'm so glad it went well. This might sound weird but it kind of sounds like your posts are all full of spark since your fast day - not that you're not continuously sparkly but hopefully you know what I mean.

I really am considering doing a couple myself as well. Might read up on it a bit at the weekend. I know you said you wanted to make sure you don't go for processed stuff but I was in M&S a couple days ago and their balanced for you range looks really good and a lot of them are at about 300 cals or so. I got a few to try - they look relatively healthy. I got a salt and vinegar crusted cod with veg and new pots (which I'll have tonight), cod with mash and veg and some kind of sauce and a salmon one with veg, new pots and a watercress sauce. They do bunless burger and meatballs and stuff too.

Hope today goes well!

I do have quite a long day, and my step counter on work days usually clocks up my miles/steps as 12-13000 5+ miles a day, but have to allow 2000 steps for the truck lol( testing making note of pedometer- shows truck as 1500 ish steps:D)

But no, don't think I'm bored of SW rather than lost my enthusiasm that I had , and having the taste of real chocolate again hasn't helped!
I think my willpower has just faded a bit!

Was just thinking the fast day might help me regain a bit control again?
Till my mojo kicks back in properly lol.

Keep thinking about those Fitbits too , looked up your one, will check out some reviews, one of those might help spur me back on track properly? :)

I think you've come so far and been so successful that it's natural that a bit of your enthusiasm has waned. Chucking a fast day in might give you some focus - because honestly I really appreciated my food yesterday after fasting - no desire for chocolate or anything other than the good food I was eating! HAHA! I am officially in love with my fitbit after yesterday. Clocked up 12,000 miles, the HR monitor was great during my bodypump class and all the nifty little charts show me how much of yesterday I was in the fat burning zone. Definitely worth the (a bit of a wince) pricetag for me as it;s definitely spurring me on to do more.

Just imagine how much wine you can have on a feast day on a friday now.... giggle!x

You are a terrible influence! (Don't think the thought hasn't occured to me - especially after getting a text from my cousin about the drinking plans for this weekend - OUCH)

Oooh, I'm so glad it went well. This might sound weird but it kind of sounds like your posts are all full of spark since your fast day - not that you're not continuously sparkly but hopefully you know what I mean.

I really am considering doing a couple myself as well. Might read up on it a bit at the weekend. I know you said you wanted to make sure you don't go for processed stuff but I was in M&S a couple days ago and their balanced for you range looks really good and a lot of them are at about 300 cals or so. I got a few to try - they look relatively healthy. I got a salt and vinegar crusted cod with veg and new pots (which I'll have tonight), cod with mash and veg and some kind of sauce and a salmon one with veg, new pots and a watercress sauce. They do bunless burger and meatballs and stuff too.

Hope today goes well!

I felt very well yesterday - full of enthusiasm which makes a change after the last few weeks where I've been struggling to maintain momentum. I'll check those ready meals out, they'll be handy for a night when I'm busy and they'll fit in well for feast days too - cheers madear!

Back