Extra Easy One Syn At A Time

Bean An Tí

Administrator
Staff member
Hey everyone.

Starting out my first day as admin with my very new food diary. Will take a few days to get the hang of this so please bare with me.

I'm currently afraid to set foot on my scales but I'm busting from my clothes post Christmas indulgence and with lockdowns there is no shops to go find a bigger size fast 🙈😂

I know I have at least 5st to loose so let's start there and see what happens.

Day one.
Breakfast - 2 boiled egg slices with an apple.
Lunch- chicken and bacon salad (tonnes of speed, lettuce, onions, carrot, peppers, cucumber)
Dinner _ Roasted carrots, garlic hake and a scoop of buttery mash (my only syns- assuming 2.5)

Snacks 2 mini peelers and a curly wurly 6
2L water with lemons and limes

Day 2
Breakfast - 2 X easy peelers and a latte (hexa)
Lunch - quinoa salad, quinoa, mint, coriander, lettuce, peppers, red onion, carrot, cucumber and spring onion
Dinner - slow cooker chicken curry and salad

Snacks -

Water intake - this a new one for me. Aiming to get the minimum in.
Does coffee count for water intake... I mean I drink about 8 half cups a day. .. depending on whether my toddlers let me sit long enough to drink a hot cup 🙈

Last edited:
Hey everyone.

Starting out my first day as admin with my very new food diary. Will take a few days to get the hang of this so please bare with me.

I'm currently afraid to set foot on my scales but I'm busting from my clothes post Christmas indulgence and with lockdowns there is no shops to go find a bigger size fast 🙈😂

I know I have at least 5st to loose so let's start there and see what happens.

Day one.
Breakfast - 2 boiled egg slices with an apple.
Lunch- chicken and bacon salad (tonnes of speed, lettuce, onions, carrot, peppers, cucumber)
Dinner _ Roasted carrots, garlic hake and a scoop of buttery mash (my only syns- assuming 2.5)

Snacks 2 mini peelers and a curly wurly 6
2L water with lemons and limes
Day 1 looked great for you!

I hear you, if only coffee counted 😉

Day 3.
teething toddler = no sleep = me just wanting coffee

Breakfast - coffee & a 380ml bottle of lucozade orange :classic_roll_eyes:
lunch - coffee
Dinner - pepper and onion omlette with side salad of quinoa, lettuce, carrot, cucumber, peppers, red onions, scallions and some balsamic vinegar. two slices of turkey and a slice of ham. - more coffee ☕☕☕

snacks- 2 mini peelers and 1/4 banana (leftover from the toddler)

Day 4

started out somewhat better today, I've had 40g porridge made with water and a small swirl of milk to cool it down, and a pint of water

Lunch was some fried baby potatoes, 2 fried eggs and some scallions with a glass of lemon water.

Big coffee with rest of hexas.

Dinner was some leftover meatless meatballs with ratatouille and chickpea fusilli.

Syns for 3 mini kinder chocolate bars.

Two easy peelers, can coke Zero

Last edited:
I hope you don't mind me saying this but you need more regular meals rather than filling up on coffee. I do understand that you are busy with your toddler but you need to look after yourself too.
Also, if you give your body the bad habit of starving it, then it gets used to it and as soon as you eat a little bit more, it absorbs and store it as it does not know when it is going to be fed again - hence that is when we don't lose weight.
Hope your toddler's teething problem will be over soon.

I hope you don't mind me saying this but you need more regular meals rather than filling up on coffee. I do understand that you are busy with your toddler but you need to look after yourself too.
Also, if you give your body the bad habit of starving it, then it gets used to it and as soon as you eat a little bit more, it absorbs and store it as it does not know when it is going to be fed again - hence that is when we don't lose weight.
Hope your toddler's teething problem will be over soon.
I completely agree with you. Its been my issue for almost a year now. There are days when I make food and leave it cause I've been tending to the girls. My 2021 resolution was to make myself a priority. Making sure I eat regularly and looking after myself better. I do so well. Then I get those nights were I have 3 hours sleep and I can't even focus so the girls get a lazy fish finger and chip dinner with some peas and I don't eat it cause it's too high calories/syns/fat.

Day 5

Breakfast
2 easy peelers and scrambled egg.

Lunch.
Sausage sandwich - hexb Brennan's be good two slices. Sausages - no idea of syns but they were low cal gluten free cardboard so hopefully not too many.

Dinner.
Planned Chinese takeaway
Beef black bean and boiled rice. 8 syns.

Need to get more water in tomorrow. Feeling really sorry for myself as I turn 34 tomorrow in lockdown. My best friend and I share our birthday and it's going to be so strange not being together or having any celebration for it.

Last edited:
Oh happy birthday for when you wake up!!!😘🎉🥳

Lockdown sucks but truly find something to smile for and do for you? Maybe a kid free soak in the bath with a wine, given it’s your bday x

Cheers Bren,

I got a morning lie in! That always helps!

I decided to brave the scales I've been hiding from for the last two months. 16st 4.4lbs (103.6kg) officially the heaviest I have ever been when not pregnant with my 9lbs 8oz giant baby. I was 105.2kg when I was in labour. Cause I remember seeing those numbers and crying even more.

So I've had a good cry. A good talking to myself in the shower and now. Im here facing it. Ive been putting it off for quite some time. It's hard to see those numbers but I know I'm in the right head space and my goal is to make me a much healthier mammy for my girls.

So with that in mind. I hope to loose 3lbs this week. From after tomorrow official weigh in. I will weigh Monday mornings and that always keeps me right over the weekend. However today.... I plan to eat the cake my OH and daughter made for me! And a sneaky take away again!

Happy Birthday. Enjoy your day and start properly tomorrow.

The day that you realise that you have to do something about your weight is a awakening day and makes you determined to stay on your journey to lose the weight.
Don't put yourself under pressure by setting weekly target. Just follow your plan and see what happens. When you have reached a stone loss then something magical happens and your determination level rises. As they say Rome was not built in a day so take a day at a time and believe me you get there.

Have a wonderful day with your family.

Monday 11 Jan 21

Breakfast - Coffee with hexa almond
2 x satsumas and a slice of ham and slice of turkey

Lunch - half a turkey and lettuce pitta (hexb) with Johnny Onion Ring crisps ( also half)
aka My toddler stole my lunch - ate a aldi benefit bar so counting that in my hexb

Dinner - 3 x Fried eggs, home made chips, satsuma and coffee

Snacks - banana, few slices of cucumber

Not a great day on plan speed wise but did well with not going too mad on syns. Counting the onion rings as about 4 due to toddler thief!

Tuesday 12 Jan 2021

Breakfast - toast and butter and a LARGE COFFEE 12 syns for the toast and butter
hex a milk in coffee

Lunch hexa almond milk in coffee
Beans and hexb Sandwich thin toasted apple slices

Can you tell by now I'm tired today 😴😴😴

Dinner...
Chicken stir fry,
Chicken, onions, peppers, courgette, carrot, bok choi, scallions and some noodles. Used soy, ginger, garlic and chilli for the seasoning.
Served with mangetout and cauli rice.

Last edited:
Non-alcoholic fluids, including tea, coffee and fruit juice, all count towards your fluid intake.

Good luck on SW. :)
This is AMAZING

I'm getting all my fluid intake from coffee, nothing new there🤣🤣🤣
Although I have been drinking lemon water to help my body rebalance the coffee.
But I'd die with coffee.... or maybe someone else would.... I don't do mornings gracefully 🤣🤣🤣

Tuesday 12 Jan 2021

Breakfast - toast and butter and a LARGE COFFEE 12 syns for the toast and butter
hex a milk in coffee

Lunch hexa almond milk in coffee
Beans and hexb Sandwich thin toasted apple slices

Can you tell by now I'm tired today 😴😴😴

Dinner...
Can I ask, was the toast white bread? I only ask because I always feel bloated and sleepy after white bread
Just curious

Yep, it's always in stock here which is always a problem. But I've toddlers and a fussy man who only like white bread 🤦🏻‍♀️

I used to have one of them here until I stopped buying it and only bought wholemeal. I just told him buy it himself so he did,until he got bored and ate the wholemeal bread. Last time he had it he told me he felt bloated after the white bread and hasn't looked back 🤣🤣🤣

I love white bread toasted but it does make me feel tired, I don't know why, it just does. I only asked incase its adding to your energy levels like it does with me. But then again, I could easily put away a half sliced pan if I start🤔🤔😂😂

Back