One syn Pouring custard :)

Legomom

Gold Member
Found this on a low calorie cooking site but if you take 150ml of SS milk from your hexA it's one syn a serving :) recipe serves two. it's really good over a baked hexB apple or on rice pudding or over banana's!! I love custard lol

Custard recipe

300ml skimmed milk
2tsp cornflour
4tbsp granular sweetener
2 medium egg yolks
½ tsp vanilla extract

Put the milk into a pan and slowly bring to simmer, remove from the heat.
Put the cornflour, sweetener, egg yolks and vanilla extract into a bowl and whisk together.
Gradually whisk in the warm milk.
Rinse out the pan, then strain the mixture back into the pan. Heat gently, whisking all the time until the custard thickens, it should just coat the back of the spoon. Serve immediately.

Going to try this later - love custard with jelly and fruit - back to childhood :) thank you

Mmmm love custard! Thanks for the recipe, going to try making bread pudding at some point soon and you gotta have custard with bread pudding ;)

Legomom said:
Found this on a low calorie cooking site but if you take 150ml of SS milk from your hexA it's one syn a serving :) recipe serves two. it's really good over a baked hexB apple or on rice pudding or over banana's!! I love custard lol

Custard recipe

300ml skimmed milk
2tsp cornflour
4tbsp granular sweetener
2 medium egg yolks
½ tsp vanilla extract

Put the milk into a pan and slowly bring to simmer, remove from the heat.
Put the cornflour, sweetener, egg yolks and vanilla extract into a bowl and whisk together.
Gradually whisk in the warm milk.
Rinse out the pan, then strain the mixture back into the pan. Heat gently, whisking all the time until the custard thickens, it should just coat the back of the spoon. Serve immediately.

I miss custard so I'm gonna try this. Thankyou.

Yay!!! *does a little dance* :D.... I absolutely LOVE custard and have been searching for a low syn custard recipe! This is perfect.... has anybody tried it yet? xxx

I just made this and as u can see from pic it's a pale off white colour i can't honestly say i liked it. It didnt thicken as much as i would have liked even after ages and its consistancy was frothy rather than smooth :(

Attachments

• image-95525405.jpg
    image-95525405.jpg
    381.7 KB · Views: 322
I just made this and as u can see from pic it's a pale off white colour i can't honestly say i liked it. It didnt thicken as much as i would have liked even after ages and its consistancy was frothy rather than smooth :(

Aww no, that's such a shame (your desert looks lovely!) :(
I wonder if it might be a better low-syn option to use birds custard powder and milk from HxA? xx

WinkOfPink_ said:
Aww no, that's such a shame (your desert looks lovely!) :(
I wonder if it might be a better low-syn option to use birds custard powder and milk from HxA? xx

I think ur right i love custard and would rather syn it :)

Back