One third super free food ideas?

Nickynack

I've made a Japanese soup for lunch with lots of vegetables in today but it looks like usually I'm going to be having salad at lunchtime.

If I start having salad for lunch and salad for dinner I'll soon get pig sick of this diet.

I'm going to make some ratatouille tonight but other than that I'm stuck for ideas to keep it interesting. Anyone got any?

Nickynack said:
I've made a Japanese soup for lunch with lots of vegetables in today but it looks like usually I'm going to be having salad at lunchtime.

If I start having salad for lunch and salad for dinner I'll soon get pig sick of this diet.

I'm going to make some ratatouille tonight but other than that I'm stuck for ideas to keep it interesting. Anyone got any?

Why are you only having salad for lunch and dinner-of course you will get fed up of the food plan if you do that!!
It's not a diet-so try to limit the use of the word as it will help psychologically!
If you are stuck for ideas, look thru the threads in here-there are several where people are writing what they are having for lunch/dinner/breakfast etc. There are also loads and loads of food diaries for you to browse through. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I think with sw we have to learn to 'think out side the box' ie not a diet its healthy eating.

I often have my superfree from melon, strawberries and kiwi, in a bowl after lunch.

or add mushrooms baked beans if having bacon & egg

I seriously could not live on salads, i would fail very very quickly.

Have a read of some of the online food diaries on here they give fab ideas. or the whats for breakfast, lunch, and tea threads :D

Enjoy your food :D

I love salads! You can put any vegetable in a salad - it doesn't have to be lettuce. Although I do love lettuce, especially the crunchy kinds.

So what was wrong with the Japanese soup for lunch?

As already said salad doesn't have to be the same all the time. I often have potatoes/rice/pasta for lunch & just add seasoning & whatever salad/veg I fancy.

I think at first SW can be hard as you need to remind yourself you can eat as much free food as you need to fill you up. And you can eat 'normal' food not what is considered 'diet' food.

Yes take a look at the diaries on here they will give you lots of ideas.

to me salad is not a meal, its a accompniment (sp?). couldnt have it on its own, but with something i can eat loads of it!

Noddynoobs said:
to me salad is not a meal, its a accompniment (sp?). couldnt have it on its own, but with something i can eat loads of it!

You can have salad as a meal-but it's all dependant on what you put in it-if you have it on EE with lots of veg and hb eggs, and ham/bacon and chicken and all sorts then its definitely a meal in it's own right :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

My lunchtime salad today consisted of shredded little gem lettuces, quartered tomatoes, red kidney beans, cold boiled potatoes, finely diced courgette, finely diced red pepper, all piled into a bowl and topped with a small tin of tuna, and sprinkled with lime juice. Definitely filling!!

What's wrong with having a sandwich with salad as well as your normal filling? Or a jacket potato with cottage cheese/HexA cheese/tuna with a salad on the side?

You don't just have to have salad on its own!

Or scrambled egg and cheese HEA with loads of mushrooms or veg of your choice. I dont like salad so I do find ee lunches difficult, but seem to find my way round it most days.I fill up on fruit before my meal if I am doing ee, but enjoy my red days mostly.

I had to eat lunch in a hurry in my parked car the other day (long story - very boring!) so I went into Waitrose and got a plain wholemeal roll, a mini portion of cheese, and a packet of mangetout peas. Sounds weird, but it was actually very nice.

Make a big pot of vegetable soup, be creative with it, use nice herbs and spices then if you want a meal that doesn't contain your superfree just have a cup of your soup as a little starter, maybe a bit of fruit after and job done!

Make a big pot of vegetable soup, be creative with it, use nice herbs and spices then if you want a meal that doesn't contain your superfree just have a cup of your soup as a little starter, maybe a bit of fruit after and job done!

good idea, i am too thinking of ways to incorporate my 1/3 superfree on EE esp for breakfast but think i am thinking about it too much - perhaps some fruit after my brekkie. i think just starting sw can make you go mad thinking too much - love it though

mushrooms and onions are a god send for me, for breakfast you could have some tinned tomatos and mushrooms with whatever else you have or fruit salad, and if you had jacket and steak for tea, fry light some onions, mushrooms and peppers, add some soy sauce and pile on top of you're steak its lovely,
i also swear by beetroot, if you like pasta and tuna, i make a big bowl full of crunchy stuff like cucumber and celery and lots of beetroot

I'd recommend buying a SW magazine or two, and also some SW cookbooks, if you're not feeling inspired about what to cook. If all you can think of is salad and ratatouille, I think you need some guidance from SW about the masses of choices there are for ee friendly main meals! :) I've been doing extra easy for over three months now and I've barely repeated any of my evening meals so far because there's so many things to try.

pickles are always good to make up your 1/3. a big bowl of fruit salad for afters. roasted veg. steam bags of veg are very handy, mushrooms, onions, peppers, tinned toms, passata - a lot of people make up their main meal with these ingredients but forget to include them as their 1/3 - your 1/3 doesn't have to be a separate serving. also my consultant siad it is fine to have 1/3 of your total intake over the day instead of concentrating on having a 1/3 at each meal. i usually have all sf food for breakfast huge bowl of fruit salad and a banana and lots of snacks of sf fruit over the day as well as lots of sf veg included in kunch and tea xx

I usually stick to my fruits for my 1/3 - but I am not entirely sure whether I have enough or not....

I have typically have a banana and 2 satsumas for breakfast. Sandwich/jacket potatoe of some type for lunch. various different teas, but then snack on fruit within the day like more satsumas, blueberries,strawberries/kiwis.

Back