One week in and no weight loss...help!

Tucktuck93

Hi all!

I joined SW online last Monday and have followed the plan to what I think is the correct way. I have weighed this morning and I am exactly the same weight, in one way I am happy because I haven't gained but I am also gutted because I've not lost.

From starting the plan I have had a bloated feeling every night, should I be feeling bloated?

I have been to the gym once and I have done three days of couch to 5k, should I not be exercising as much yet?

I can let you know what I have been eating later on as I have to go to work now but any tips would be great as right now I'm feeling down!

Thanks!

Hey :)

I can't really give you much in the way of advice I'm afraid as I've been doing SW from home rather than joining a club, so I'm not sure how it's supposed to feel! But I find the more fruit and veg I eat, the more bloated/ gassy I feel. My digestion actually feels better when I'm a bit off-plan than on... I don't know whether I just need to give my body chance to adjust to a healthier eating plan..?

But I wouldn't worry too much about the weigh in, like you say, you didn't gain so that's a good starting point at least!

I would have expected a loss if I stuck to the plan, particularly if I had a fair amount of weight to lose ( 1 stone plus).
You could probably with someone looking through your food diary. Don't be too down, if you stick to the plan you will get a loss over the month. It's a lifestyle change not just a weekly effort if you want to achieve your goal. You are motivated as you stick to your exercise sessions. I'm sure it will be resolved and as you say it might just take a week fur your body to get used to it.

Bloating? Have you increased processed carbs or eating more veg than usual?

Could you post a typicals day food?

We may be able to point out what's gone wrong.... sometimes it's just a case of not eating enough (especially if your exercising too)

Like the others have said... don't beat yourself up....... it does take time for the body to adjust sometimes.

I would have expected a loss if I stuck to the plan, particularly if I had a fair amount of weight to lose ( 1 stone plus).
You could probably with someone looking through your food diary. Don't be too down, if you stick to the plan you will get a loss over the month. It's a lifestyle change not just a weekly effort if you want to achieve your goal. You are motivated as you stick to your exercise sessions. I'm sure it will be resolved and as you say it might just take a week fur your body to get used to it.

Bloating? Have you increased processed carbs or eating more veg than usual?

Hi!

My goal is to lose 1 stone at the moment and anything extra will be a bonus. I am currently 13st. Definitely eating a lot more veg than usual.

I have been keeping a food diary on my slimming world online.

Should I post a few of my days on a separate thread just to get some tips? Thanks

Could you post a typicals day food?

We may be able to point out what's gone wrong.... sometimes it's just a case of not eating enough (especially if your exercising too)

Like the others have said... don't beat yourself up....... it does take time for the body to adjust sometimes.

Ok so to start off with I couldn't understand the whole syn thing so my first couple of days I don't know if I was having enough syns.

Day 1
Overnight porridge oats (hexB)
Semi skimmed milk to go with tea (hexA..used allowance throughout day)
Lots of speed fruit to go with my oats

Omelette with mixed peppers, mushroom, onion & ham

Birdseye inspirations fish with sun ripened tomato (1/2 syn)
Iceland baby corn & sugar snap peas
Potatoes

Snacked on fruit throughout day so only ended up with 1/2 syn eaten!!

Day 2
Better on the syns I think on this day
Overnight oats again this time used Onken fat free strawberry yogurt which ended up being 1 1/2 syns

Beans on 2 slices of wholemeal toast (hexB)

Steak with broccoli, sweetcorn, green beans, mushrooms, side salad.

Snacked on fruit and a velvita breakfast bar 5 1/2 syns

7 syns on that day.

Day 3
Nestle bite size shredded wheat (hexB) semi skimmed milk (hexA)

Tuna mayo (2syns) sandwich wholemeal bread (5 1/2 syn)

Mums homemade Bolognese (2 1/2 syns)

Lots of fruit for snacks
10 syns

The rest of the week my food is very similar no big changes

Looks really good for a first week

Make sure 1/3 of your plate is speed at every meal. Like for instant with your beans on toast and your sandwich for lunch.

Ok, speed fruit is greatd, but I find if I eat too much fruit and not enough speed veg, I don't loose as much.

At the beginning I also made the mistake by not realising all fruit wasn't speed (bananas, mango, pineapple, cherries, blueberries, grapes etc.) So check that.

As for the bloating, it could be your body adjusting the increase in fibre from all the fruit and veg.... I find I need to drink tones of water. Also (sorry to be crude) are you going to the loo ok? You might find you get a bit bunged up, and that won't help with losses.. but it will resolve as your body adapts.

Thank you for the advice!

Yes going to the toilet perfectly lol!

I think my body is just taken a while to adjust to me drinking a lot more water and eating a lot more veggies. I'm doing this with my mum so thankfully we are helping each other. She lost 2lb this week, hopefully I can match her next week!

Back