Onion Bhajis

mel2424

Hello everyone,

Joined SW again this week after messing about for weeks. The weekend is approaching and I'm going to make a curry to stop the takeaway. Does anyone have an onion bhaji recipe please

Thanks

There is a recipe for it on the slimming world website, i'll see if i can copy and paste it here

Serves: 12
Prep time: 10 minutes (plus resting)
Cook time: 20 minutes
Syns per serving:
Green: 0.5
Original: 0.5
Extra Easy: 0.5

[h=3]ingredients[/h]200g/7oz onions, peeled, halved and thinly sliced
50g/2oz gram flour
1 tsp lemon juice
2 tsp ground cumin
1 tbsp coriander seeds, crushed
1 tsp deseeded and chopped fresh green chilli
1 tbsp freshly chopped coriander leaves
¼ tsp baking powder
salt
Fry Light

To serve
A pinch of paprika

[h=3]method[/h]1. Place the onions, gram flour, lemon juice, cumin, coriander seeds, green chilli, chopped coriander and baking powder in a mixing bowl. Season with salt and add a few tablespoons of water to form a thick batter that coats the onion. Leave to rest for 15 minutes and then, using your fingers, mix again to combine thoroughly.
2. Preheat the oven to 220°C/Gas 7. Line a baking sheet with baking parchment and using your fingers or a dessert spoon, drop small mounds of the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet to give you 12 bhajis.
3. Spray with Fry Light and bake for 15-20 minutes until golden. Remove from the oven and serve immediately sprinkled with the paprika.

Not tried this myself yet so let me know how it is, plz

I would recommend the curry book you can by in group for £5, 100 different reciepes and all the ones I've tried are gorgeous and usually only 5 syns max!

Broadway13 said:
I would recommend the curry book you can by in group for £5, 100 different reciepes and all the ones I've tried are gorgeous and usually only 5 syns max!

Completely agree, its got some delish recipes for starters, mains, sides and puds :) yum yum

Back