Onion Rings

Grace89

I tried to make onion rings coated in Cous Cous but they turned into a disaster, can anyone tell me how to get the cous cous to stick and also what consistency it should be. Thanks

I haven't tried making them but I would suggest beaten egg to make the cous cous stick x

I havent heard of using cous cous but if you check out the site slimmerblog.co.uk, they have an onion ring recipe on there. I ahvent tried it yet but sounds delicious :)

Thanks I'll have a look at that, I love onion rings so I'm looking forward to making some slimming world friendly ones :) x

Did you find a work-able recipe?

Is using Cous Cous as a coating classed as food abuse? Guessing probably yes...

Is using Cous Cous as a coating classed as food abuse? Guessing probably yes...

I said the same thing to my consultant as he said to do the KFC chicken with cous cous - I said thats food abuse, he said no its not he checked with head office and they said only when its used as a flour substitute.

Well that's good news! I've not done KFC with Cous Cous, always stuck to my HEB of bread

Not sure i'll ask him Tuesday if you like - cos I wanted to try the pastys - but i did notice on the slimming world website, someone sent a photo in of there smash pizza and it was published.

I think your generally ok if your using the foods in part of a meal rather than on their own. So say the KFC chicken you would have with your third super free and you would feel full after your meal. The onion rings have onion which is super free so reckon they would be ok too. Whereas say the SW crisps made in the micro- you would have these as a snack without any super free and you could probably eat a couple of potatoes worth without feeling full!!!

Did you 'cook' the couscous first or use it dry? I'm assuming dry but wanted to check lol might give this KFC chicken a go!!!

He used the cous cous dry. Spoke to my consultant, he said the smash pizza is fine and has even been used in a old SW mag.

Back