Online membership

hannata

I can haz cake?
Is it worth the money for esource and all the stuff that comes with it?

I go to meets but unfortunately we don't have the monthly pass or free access to online stuff in northern ireland :(

Was considering it because its only £11 a month (as well as my membership)

Hi - I think it is but I don't go to meetings. I use it every day. If you join through Quidco you get cashback. Sometimes it is £30 cashback and other times it is £15.

Ahh I see. I don't like having to constantly ask what points are in alcohol and various other things that I don't have access to... If I wanted to be really EXACT with every single point I would truthfully have a list of queries for my leader every single week haha :p

Ohh thanks for the tip as well x

You'd be better investing in a calculator and books. Esource has a lot of errors in it. You can't go wrong with a calculator and you only have to pay fir it once ;)

I agree with Starlight, the e source is a great tool for tracking points but you have to pay plenty of attention to portion sizes and there are, like said, lots of errors. Discrepancies between the Shop book and the values in the website...

I'd get a calculator, and a wee notebook to keep a list of points, save you looking stuff up hundreds of times... :)

i have a calculator, and all the books (i go to the meets as i said)

Its just for stuff like eating out and alcohol... the eating out book is frankly useless. It has a single page of about 20 drinks... and a lot of the menus for food have stuff missed out. And it seems like the discrepancies are fixed online (eventually still better than never)

Hmm good point about the alcohol.... I never looked that up, I don't drink really, designated driver by default lol
If its only £11 maybe give it a go and see what you think :) you can always sign up, have a quick rummage and jot down the points you want, and then cancel before the next month lol
GAWD I sound tight........... ;)

I doing Ww online. I couldn't do it without esourse. I love my iPad /iPhone. Apps it keeps me in order as it even now has alerts asking you to point breakfast etc.

Weight watchers online is totally worth it at the moment. I joined a few days and it cost £29.85 for 3 months as they have a special offer on and then I have tracked £30 cashback through Quidco so I actually have 3 months online membership and a profit of 15p :D:D:D

I'm sure there is a code kicking about online for a free weeks trial....I was going to look it up today to keep me going until I get my monthly pass next week.

That being said, having my iPhone on me all the time usually means a quick google search brings up the answer in a few seconds....I'm always on google, JFGI is my new phrase!

Oh and if you have an iPhone you should get iwatcher - brilliant app for tracking your points and has a pp calculator too!

Edit: just realised it wasn't op who said they had an iPhone, sorry!

Last edited:
I'm online and again I don't have access to the books etc because I can't go to a meeting where I am.
I love the esource and live by my tracker, but couldn't tell you if the points are out or not, but it seems to be working.
Again I team it with my phone and ipod so I keep track wherever I am.
Also google for discounts as there are plenty on the internet!!

i'm finding an awful lot of stuff isn't on e-source .

when stuff isn't on i put the product in google and get the nutrition and plonk it in my calculator or work it out on site.
what i do like is once you have pointed you're favourites ,it's just dragging and dropping, saves loads of time.
recipe builder is good too.

Does anyone know how I can add something to my favs when I know the points in it but not the NV..

Today I went to m&s and had tea with my mum, they give us a wee thing of milk (must be about 50mls) and a lil biscuit.

I point it as 2 and I want to save it as a fav. Seems to be that you have to put in the NV to save anything? I have it quite a lot and I wanted to save it for quick reference! x

The only way I can think to do that, hannata, is to copy the NVs for something else that's 2pp, I don't think you can just save it without entering NVs unfortunately :(

Back