Online Moral Support - Rant

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by MissAma, 11 May 2009 Social URL.

1. MissAma

MissAma Silver Member

Start Weight:
    135kg
    Current Weight:
    42.7kg
    Goal Weight:
    75kg
    Lost(%):
    92.3kg(68.35%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet/ SnS
    When I started this journey I subscribed to a couple of online weight loss forums. Two remained with me during these past oh, over 4 months on the way to the new me.

While I found minimins to be extremely supportive and "there" and am extremely grateful for it, the other forum saddened me. Of the ladies I started the journey with some dropped out, some vanished, one continued and a few are restarters. As my BMI decreased and the number of pounds I lost increased I noticed I was getting ignored more and more. I chucked it to my being unpleasant in general ;) or to not being regular enough of a poster and was going to ignore it but last week I posted after coming back from a business trip ecstatic that the flight was a walk in the park now with less weight and that shake-ing while at dinners with clients was not that bad and got the most shocking of lashing responses.

In an accusatory tone was told that "yeah well great, no wonder that's that 80 pounds down, no need to rub it" and so on :eek: I have to say I was surprised at the lack of support.

Now I fully understand being a bit jealous, afterall it's part of what drives us when we read success stories but for one thing I am NOT at goal and for another, only long term maintainers are somewhat out of the woods and real winners, us losers have a looooong loooong way to go.

Am I wrong to let this get to me?

curlywurly1234 likes this.
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. SexyBecks1

SexyBecks1 is loving CWP xx

Start Weight:
    21st2lb
    Current Weight:
    20st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    15st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(2.03%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan - step 3
    That is so out of order!!! I feel so angry for you.

Congratualtions on your business trip. It is a fantastic acheivement.

Just because they can't stick to it or haven't lost as much as you doesn't give them the right to talk to you like that. I think it's disgusting. It wasn't on this forum was it? If so I would report the person who said it.

Just forget them. Well done on your will power. Keep going, the rest will be off in no time x x

4. Sunshine Singer

Sunshine Singer Dropped White Sugar & Feeling Fantastic

Start Weight:
    13st2lb
    Current Weight:
    11st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st11lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(10.87%)
    Diet:
    No white sugar
    Congrats to you on your massive weight loss. On this site we look up to those who have lost so much and people like you on here are an inspiration.

Stick to this site. Well done you xxx

5. Jaycey

Jaycey Post-Menopausal Maniac!

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(6.9%)
    Diet:
    The 'Jaycey Diet'!
    Tell us which forums they were - I want to go and see them now! ;) :D

6. MissAma

MissAma Silver Member

Start Weight:
    135kg
    Current Weight:
    42.7kg
    Goal Weight:
    75kg
    Lost(%):
    92.3kg(68.35%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet/ SnS
    Thank you very much ladies, that really made my day.

I have a different name on there and I don't think it would be too elegant of me to give you the name of the forum but your indignation goes a long way!

Maybe part of that is that the predominant diet on there is a different one that has far slower loss and it's frustrating. I am trying to understand where they come from, just a few months ago I was one of the biggest people on this forum and that wasn't easy, I didn't really lash at people though. (Although, sometimes my opinions on cheating on CD were maybe, not seen as constructive and sure seemed less than ideal and tolerant.)

7. Lin18

Lin18 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st2lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    7st4lb(40.16%)
    Diet:
    CD
    You should have a final post on there telling them how rude they are and that minimins is by far a better forum, with support, but they cant join as ignorant people not allowed.

8. MissAma

MissAma Silver Member

Start Weight:
    135kg
    Current Weight:
    42.7kg
    Goal Weight:
    75kg
    Lost(%):
    92.3kg(68.35%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet/ SnS
    LOL that's not so bad of an idea!

9. curlywurly1234

curlywurly1234 Cambridge Consultant

Start Weight:
    15st1lb
    Current Weight:
    8st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    6st5lb(42.18%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    OMG MisAma..
    Just wanted to send you big hugs hon!! Thats awful..
    You have done extremely well and should be so proud of yourself I know we are all here to support each other on this site.. thats awful..
    I think that is a great achievement and dont let anyone else take that special moment away from you.
    Your doing so well and should be so chuffed and happy.
    Keep smiling.. I would be when I do as well as you.. x

MissAma likes this.
  10. sleepybird

sleepybird wants a pony

Start Weight:
    10st0lb
    Current Weight:
    9st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st8lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(7.86%)
    Diet:
    CD
    I can only agree with the comments already made on here already, you have worked really hard and have every right to expect support from the forum you are on. I can't EVER recall reading negativity on Minis when someone has posted about losing x amount of weight or getting into x sized clothes or getting to x stone.....i love reading about other peoples successes! Ignore the comments, feel rightly miffed and stick with us, chick! xxx

11. MissAma

MissAma Silver Member

Start Weight:
    135kg
    Current Weight:
    42.7kg
    Goal Weight:
    75kg
    Lost(%):
    92.3kg(68.35%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet/ SnS
    What are you on about woman? You're a stick as compared to me, you're so much thinner, just the other day I was saying I am so happy you're getting under the 30 BMI on the next WI. I love your pictures.

But thank you. Yeah I've done well so if they don't like it and choose to be :jelous: instead of :) that is entirely on them. :D My day just got a million times better, ladies!

12. curlywurly1234

curlywurly1234 Cambridge Consultant

Start Weight:
    15st1lb
    Current Weight:
    8st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    6st5lb(42.18%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    82 lbs lost is an incredible achievement!!! We are all here for you hon . and thanks for your kindness too.. I wished I was like a stick lol ..
    xxx

13. Greeneyes11

Greeneyes11 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st8lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st12lb
    Lost(%):
    0st1lb(0.57%)
    Diet:
    JUDDD
    MisAma, your weightloss is excellent, I love to hear how much weight people have lost as it is an encouragement to me and makes me feel like I could achieve it too, cannot understand why someone would be upset because another person had lost more than them.... keep up the good work hun....

14. Shopaholic

Shopaholic is back to finish the job

Start Weight:
    13st11lb
    Current Weight:
    13st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(2.59%)
    Diet:
    Dukan Diet
    MissAMA Obviously your success at loosing weight has made them all so jealous they can only lash out with self loathing. Your 82lb loss is like a mirror being held up to them, that if they had your will power they could've done that too, depending on what diet they were on. Obviously they haven't stuck to their diets and aren't doing as well as you.

I would say you don't need negative people in your life, and what ever it is, that website isn't providing support.

You've done fabulously well and are an inspiration to someone like me who is just starting out on the journey.

15. Sarette

Sarette Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st9lb
    Current Weight:
    13st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st11lb(25.67%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan
    Just wanted to say how well you have done, and good luck for the rest of your journey xxx

16. MissAma

MissAma Silver Member

Start Weight:
    135kg
    Current Weight:
    42.7kg
    Goal Weight:
    75kg
    Lost(%):
    92.3kg(68.35%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet/ SnS
    Awww I'm beyond blushing and nearly in tears. You are all too kind and you have ALL done so very well! We'll all get there and stay there!

17. Katycakes

Katycakes Stubborn tortoise

Start Weight:
    14st11lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(0.97%)
    Diet:
    Unsure
    Just wanted to agree with the above posts. Minis has been a lifeline for me, so much support and friendship and nobody judges others, there seems to be an acceptance that we are all on our individual weight loss journeys. No need for competition or envy or nastiness.

You have done so well... you are an inspiration. Stick with minis!

xxx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.